Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Watch for the Progressive Insurance commercial featuring characatures of The Adams Family; attend to the "character" front row far right.  Tell me that's not the guy woman that the former vice president just appointed Admiral of the National Health Services.  AKA the most recent clown to climb into the clown car called the "current administration."

image.png.72aac5f320fed0c9f8a2d9f2ce342f32.png

Edited by Keukasmallie
made an error...again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Facebook changes company name to Meta

Facebook on Thursday announced that it has changed its company name to Meta.

The name change was announced at the Facebook Connect augmented and virtual reality conference. The new name reflects the company’s growing ambitions beyond social media. Facebook, now known as Meta, has adopted the new moniker, based on the sci-fi term metaverse, to describe its vision for working and playing in a virtual world.

“Today we are seen as a social media company, but in our DNA we are a company that builds technology to connect people, and the metaverse is the next frontier just like social networking was when we got started,” Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said. 

The company also said in announcing the new name that it will change its stock ticker from FB to MVRS, effective Dec. 1.

Meta’s stock price was up more than 2% on Thursday. ...

• Doh! 1

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

The name change was announced at the Facebook Connect augmented and virtual reality conference. The new name reflects the company’s growing ambitions beyond social media. Facebook, now known as Meta, has adopted the new moniker, based on the sci-fi term metaverse, to describe its vision for working and playing in a virtual world.

“Today we are seen as a social media company, but in our DNA we are a company that builds technology to connect people, and the metaverse is the next frontier just like social networking was when we got started,” Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said. 

The company also said in announcing the new name that it will change its stock ticker from FB to MVRS, effective Dec. 1.

God, I can't wait for the anti-trust suit to break that @$$h@l&'s company up.

• Cheers 1

You've heard of the IoT (internet of things), make way for the IoB (internet of bodies). I mean, it only makes sense that this was coming. You need to have a classifications for all things, right? Why should the human body be left out of the internet revolution. Right? I guess we should keep an eye out (no pun intended) for the IoN (internet of nature) and probably a few other Io's that escape me atm.

:borg:

https://twitter.com/NeverSleever/status/1421551677526749188

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

You've heard of the IoT (internet of things), make way for the IoB (internet of bodies). I mean, it only makes sense that this was coming. You need to have a classifications for all things, right? Why should the human body be left out of the internet revolution. Right? I guess we should keep an eye out (no pun intended) for the IoN (internet of nature) and probably a few other Io's that escape me atm.

:borg:

https://twitter.com/NeverSleever/status/1421551677526749188

So, can we get super android strength if we switch?

On 10/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, Foxx said:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And if you're wondering why he takes a helicopter so frequently in DC...imagine what the above does to already misreable DC traffic.

Why in the ever-loving world would anyone need an 85 vehicle motorcade?

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And if you're wondering why he takes a helicopter so frequently in DC...imagine what the above does to already misreable DC traffic.

My daughter lives in the Dover area as her husband is in the Air Force. When Brandon comes home every weekend they have what is called "Joe Jams". It is a term that means stay off rt1 because he is going to jam it up. 

27 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Why in the ever-loving world would anyone need an 85 vehicle motorcade?

One of those cars contained his diapers. Not sure about the other 84.

• Like 1