Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

IDBillzFan
15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Supertool 300.

I can put up case molding with only that and a hammer (and even then I could use this as a hammer in a pinch).  I restrung a 12-string guitar with it, after I shaped a new guitar bridge with it.  I could amputate a toe with it if I had to.  I've whittled an airfoil top with it (coolest thing you'll ever see - a well-balanced six inch piece of wood spins only in one direction.)  The only problem I have with it is that the wire cutters are inconvenient for trimming fingernails.  I've never used the bottle opener because...well, what self-respecting man opens a beer with a bottle opener rather than the edge of a table?

I feel my man card is safe.  Now I must go fart and watch the original Road House.

This Gerber has been my friend for years. I love the retractable pliers I can flip with one hand.

IDBillzFan
1 hour ago, Boyst said:

my dad loved gerber. i could never appreciate them, they just never felt right.

pure knife wise - this is my favorite - Kershaw Blur

Buck Knife factory is a couple of miles from my house. Every year near the holidays they have a tent sale and we get some great knives there, from pocket to steak knives. Fascinating place to visit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Buck Knife factory is a couple of miles from my house. Every year near the holidays they have a tent sale and we get some great knives there, from pocket to steak knives. Fascinating place to visit.

There was a Wenger service center near me for decades, once a year they would have a warehouse sale, everyone in town would go. I used to get knives, watches, and camping dirt cheap. Unfortunately, they moved the facility to CT about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Fansince88
On 5/6/2024 at 9:28 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Supertool 300

With the carry case?

Fansince88
8 hours ago, Boyst said:

my dad loved gerber. i could never appreciate them, they just never felt right.

pure knife wise - this is my favorite - Kershaw Blur

I can do without serrated blades especially when gutting a buck. Like I nice 6" solid blade of my good ole Buck knife from my grandfather in the 80s. (His from the 60s I believe). 

• Like 1

5th Time In Maryland History: The Maryland Supreme Court has removed Judge April T. Ademiluyi from the bench due to "egregious" misconduct, following findings by the Commission on Judicial Disabilities. The misconduct includes refusing training, showing bias towards criminal defendants, antagonizing staff and colleagues, as well as repeatedly sending unwanted personal text messages and emails to a fellow judge, Judge Michael R. Pearson.

NOTE: Ademiluyi's counsel argued that her case should be dismissed and sealed, claiming retaliation after she filed a complaint with the commission.

NOTE: Ademiluyi is also facing charges of harassing a judicial colleague and improperly sharing confidential materials. NOTE: This marks the fifth instance in the Maryland Judiciary's history where a judge has been removed by the high court.

NOTE: In 2020, Attorney April T. Ademiluyi defeated Circuit Court Judge Jared M. McCarthy by nearly 5,200 votes for the fifth of five judgeships at stake that year in the county.

NOTE: McCarthy had led by about 7,000 votes on election night, but with a large number of mail-in and provisional ballots remaining to be counted, he finally lost by 5,200 votes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

"2020 was the most secure election ever! There's no proof of tampering or illegalities... uh... you know, none that count anyway."

• Angry 5
  • Cheers 1

Boyst
Posted (edited)

Very interesting perspective on what is a small story nationally and being squashed locally in my neck of the woods. Central Davidson HS is one of the best schools in the county. There are 7 HS's and 3 districts in the county because Davison County Schools does not want to associate themselves with the inferior city schools of Lexington & Thomasville. This is one of only 2 counties in the state and a couple handfuls nationally to have this level of complexity.

The majority of local news orgs only covered the story after there was a bomb threat at the school after the story broke about the student's suspension. MAGA, of course, was blamed but no one has been found and our Sheriff has very little information to go off of - however, he is as libertarian as they come (intentional lower case 'L").

Regardless, it is going to turn into a very interesting court case as civil liberties and freedom of speech issue comes to a head in the modern day America.

Article

A 16-year-old boy has kicked off a free speech debate—one that's already attracting spectators beyond his North Carolina county—after he was suspended for allegedly "making a racially insensitive remark that caused a class disturbance."

The racially insensitive remark: referring to undocumented immigrants as "illegal aliens." Invoking that term would produce the beginning of a legal odyssey, still in its nascent stages, in the form of a federal lawsuit arguing that Central Davidson High School Assistant Principal Eric Anderson violated Christian McGhee's free speech rights for temporarily barring him from class over a dispute about offensive language.

What constitutes offensive speech, of course, depends on who is evaluating. During an April English lesson, McGhee says he sought clarification on a vocabulary word: aliens. "Like space aliens," he asked, "or illegal aliens without green cards?" In response, a Hispanic student—another minor whom the lawsuit references under the pseudonym "R."—reportedly joked that he would "kick [McGhee's] ass." 

Those who prefer to opt for less-charged descriptors over "illegal alien"—I count myself in that camp—should also hope to see McGhee vindicated if his account withstands scrutiny in court. Most everything today, it seems, is political, which means a student with a more liberal-leaning lexicon could very well be the next one suspended from school.

Edit:
Oh, and to make matters worse:

Two School Board members, one a friend, leaked the mothers arrest record for prescription pill crimes from over a dozen years ago. The receipts are there to show the origin of these two, including the Chair of the board, Alan Beck. This will be a secondary issue as the fall out happens but goes to show how dirty even small town politics are in order to squash the little man. Beck is generally a conservative and been in favor of conservative views as the county has grown more liberal in a traditional Southern Democrat area. 

Edited by Boyst
  • Popcorn 2

Nelson59
On 5/8/2024 at 12:37 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

"2020 was the most secure election ever! There's no proof of tampering or illegalities... uh... you know, none that count anyway."

And what was the MSM's BS reasoning behind the Fulton County State Farm Arena video after the "supposed" water main break? They are Election Fraud Deniers.

Also, why isn't the Fani Willis RICO case dropped. This absolute Horse$hit!!

• Cheers 2

Taro T
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Bummer that it's overcast here.  Probably would get a great Northern Lights show tonight if it weren't.

Hey, we're right in the path of the total eclipse.  Yea!  But you won't see a durn thing because the clouds are too thick.  $#!%%#!

Hey, the Northern Lights might be flaring to near record levels tonight.  Cool!  But you won't see a durn thing because the clouds are too thick.  $%#@!$%@#

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Bummer that it's overcast here.  Probably would get a great Northern Lights show tonight if it weren't.

Hey, we're right in the path of the total eclipse.  Yea!  But you won't see a durn thing because the clouds are too thick.  $#!%%#!

Hey, the Northern Lights might be flaring to near record levels tonight.  Cool!  But you won't see a durn thing because the clouds are too thick.  $%#@!$%@#

It's okay - I woke up (west coast) to a flurry of missed texts from my brother (in NY) last night (at like 3am) telling me the sun was about to swallow the Earth.  

The last one said: "Sorry, shouldn't have had that edible while watching 2012 - not sure what's worse, that movie or that I texted this to a client at 3:30 AM" 

sun.png

• Haha 4