Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Thieves snatch Rep. Adam Schiff's luggage in S.F. He gives dinner speech without a suit

Hello to the city, goodbye to your luggage. That was Senatorial candidate Adam Schiff’s rude introduction to San Francisco’s vexing reputation for car burglaries Thursday when thieves swiped the bags from his car while it sat in a downtown parking garage.

The heist meant the Democratic congressman got stuck at a fancy dinner party in his shirt sleeves and a hiking vest while everyone else sat in suits. Not quite the look the man from Burbank was aiming for as he rose to thank powerhouse attorney Joe Cotchett for his support in his bid to replace the late Dianne Feinstein in the U.S. Senate.

“I guess it’s ‘Welcome to San Francisco,’ ” Cotchett’s press agent Lee Houskeeper, who was at the dinner, remarked dryly.

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Thieves snatch Rep. Adam Schiff's luggage in S.F. He gives dinner speech without a suit

Hello to the city, goodbye to your luggage. That was Senatorial candidate Adam Schiff’s rude introduction to San Francisco’s vexing reputation for car burglaries Thursday when thieves swiped the bags from his car while it sat in a downtown parking garage.

The heist meant the Democratic congressman got stuck at a fancy dinner party in his shirt sleeves and a hiking vest while everyone else sat in suits. Not quite the look the man from Burbank was aiming for as he rose to thank powerhouse attorney Joe Cotchett for his support in his bid to replace the late Dianne Feinstein in the U.S. Senate.

“I guess it’s ‘Welcome to San Francisco,’ ” Cotchett’s press agent Lee Houskeeper, who was at the dinner, remarked dryly.

</snip>

And this is right after LA Mayor Bass home was robbed again, and San Jose Mayor security detail was attacked on live TV. The irony of it all as the crime they claim is down comes back to bite then in the ass!

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Ann said:

</snip>

The joke is on the thieves.  Schiff keeps his date rape drugs in his hiking vest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Cheers 1

Holy. Crap. Why wasn’t she arrested?

Monroe County DA refuses to stop for police after she was caught speeding; ‘I didn't feel like stopping…

’ Sandra Doorley was driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Phillips Road in Webster when she chose not to pull over

Instead, she called Webster Police Chief Dennis Kohlmeier "to inform him that I was not a threat" and she would speak to the officer at her house

Doorley released a statement in which she accepted responsibility and pleaded guilty to speeding

She tells the officer "I didn't feel like stopping on Phillips Road at 5;30,

The officer replies "That's not your choice; you know that."

The officer then asked, "What do you want us to do, not do our jobs because it's you?"

Doorley replied, "No, it’s fine, I said write me a ticket, but I was just saying I was not going to stop on Phillips Road at 5;30."

• Angry 3
  • clown 4
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Holy. Crap. Why wasn’t she arrested?

Monroe County DA refuses to stop for police after she was caught speeding; ‘I didn't feel like stopping…

’ Sandra Doorley was driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Phillips Road in Webster when she chose not to pull over

Instead, she called Webster Police Chief Dennis Kohlmeier "to inform him that I was not a threat" and she would speak to the officer at her house

Doorley released a statement in which she accepted responsibility and pleaded guilty to speeding

She tells the officer "I didn't feel like stopping on Phillips Road at 5;30,

The officer replies "That's not your choice; you know that."

The officer then asked, "What do you want us to do, not do our jobs because it's you?"

Doorley replied, "No, it’s fine, I said write me a ticket, but I was just saying I was not going to stop on Phillips Road at 5;30."

Rules for thee, but not for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Actually...been there, done that.  I've felt unsafe stopping at places where I was being pulled over, and driven to safer locations (for me and the cop.)  Not without somehow acknowledging him first, though (hand gestures or something indicating what I intend), and not more than a couple hundred yards either.  Cop was pissed...but I'm happier with a pissed-off cop than a dead one.

Given she's saying "I didn't feel like stopping on Phillips Road at 5:30" I'm guessing it's some of the same logic.

• Popcorn 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actually...been there, done that.  I've felt unsafe stopping at places where I was being pulled over, and driven to safer locations (for me and the cop.)  Not without somehow acknowledging him first, though (hand gestures or something indicating what I intend), and not more than a couple hundred yards either.  Cop was pissed...but I'm happier with a pissed-off cop than a dead one.

Given she's saying "I didn't feel like stopping on Phillips Road at 5:30" I'm guessing it's some of the same logic.

Not the same thing.  Phillips Rd. isn't THAT busy (it's one of the bigger roads right by Xerox but it isn't like 104 or Ridge Rd.) and it IS a 35 MPH section of it.

Pretty sure it was more of a case of her not wanting to be seen pulled over during rush hour.

From what's come out on that video and the reporting, it's not like she started hugging the shoulder with her flashers on to let the cop know she thought there was a safety concern with getting pulled over there.  Rather, she called the Webster CoP and told him one of his cops was tailing her.

Again, rules for thee and not for me.

And, like the cop said, she's lucky she wasn't hauled off in cuffs.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

For her to get all the way home... Nah. 

• Cheers 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Boyst said:

For her to get all the way home... Nah. 

Yeah, then she's just a bitch.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Well, there's that.  

She didn't even leave the car in the driveway.  She pulled INTO her garage.  Total FU to the cop that caught her.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Spoke to relative who's LEO up there. Can't get into details. It's caused a circus.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin

Putting this here for the image.  While the extended commander's "cupola" or whatever they call that thing makes perfect sense from a tactical point of view (it's a snorkel for submerged river crossings)...it's hilarious looking.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2024/04/26/france-and-germany-sign-off-on-future-battle-tank-system/

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Putting this here for the image.  While the extended commander's "cupola" or whatever they call that thing makes perfect sense from a tactical point of view (it's a snorkel for submerged river crossings)...it's hilarious looking.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2024/04/26/france-and-germany-sign-off-on-future-battle-tank-system/

So, when time comes to decommission it, it's already set up for use as a smoker.  Sweet.

Do they have good bbq in France?  If not, they can now.  :classic_wink:

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Taro T said:

So, when time comes to decommission it, it's already set up for use as a smoker.  Sweet.

Do they have good bbq in France?  If not, they can now.  :classic_wink:

While the Germans use that for river crossings, I think the French use it to fart in the general direction of silly English kaniggets.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
59 minutes ago, Boyst said:

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/cmpd-investigation-underway-east-charlotte/6PTLZP4FLFE4DA5ALFT65QDTA4/

Big news my way. 9 officers shot, 1 us marshall & 3 Locals police killed. 

No details of the suspect are released yet.  🤔

Probably need to ban more firearms. @Peteprobably has brilliant ideas. 

8ogusu.jpg

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

8ogusu.jpg

12 hours to release the name. Not even mentioned until way later, a picture shows why there is no surprise. Clearly not a fascist.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/30/dave-busters-to-allow-customers-to-bet-on-arcade-games.html

Lucra says its skills-based games are not subject to the same licenses and regulations gambling operators face with games of chance. Lucra is careful not to use the term “bet” or “wager” to describe its games.

“We use real-money contests or challenges,” Madding said.

Lucra’s contests are only available to players age 18 and older. The contests are available in 44 states.

I'm guessing they also get a % cut. And that it will be directly reported to the IRS, so that the new ten dollaraires will not escape the tax man.

• O Rly 2