Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills want a new stadium – and for taxpayers to foot the bill

You Dirty Rat

RochesterRob
36 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

I guess I have a hard time believing that the Buffalo Bills are going to out price most of Western New York football market. The Bills are here ironclad no way out of there lease until year 16 in the new stadium. So let’s say the Bills out price the market hypothetically there going to sit there on their high price and empty seats for 15 straight years. I just don’t believe that the Bills are going to be that stupid. Remember there are two more years until the new stadium so a lot can happen between now and then. The key is there is no way out for the Bills to leave until year 16 of the new stadium. Some Bills say that the Bills will just sit on the empty seats. I don’t believe that that makes terrible business sense to sit on prices that aren’t attainable. The Bills need fans in the stadium to spend their money. So I don’t believe that the PSL in the cheap seats are going to be so expensive that few Bills fans can go.

Look what happened in the Bills Toronto Series they overpriced the tickets and had to paper the house with discounted tickets and in some cases free so Rogers Corporation wouldn’t embarrass itself. Again I don’t worry about what Legends or Jerry Jones wants if those Bills seats aren’t selling Terry Pegula will step in because it’s his team not Jerry Jones team in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The Bills are no different than most other NFL teams.  The profile of the attending fan will change.  The same people that are paying 4-5 hundred thousand dollars for a house in the better suburbs of Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse are the intended demographic.  A 15,000 dollar PSL will get thrown on the credit card and paid off in a short period of time.  The Bills also intend to draw from Southern Ontario in Canada.  The amenities including comfy seating, restrooms, and food will be there.  3 million people live between I-81 and Lake Erie/Niagara River along with 5 million in Southern Ontario including Toronto.  I know many hate the "R" word (regionalization) but it is coming.  Be happy that the people in Buffalo and Erie County pretty much got their way that they can truthfully call the team the Buffalo Bills.  I know some people wanted a downtown stadium but the focus in reality would have been too narrow.  At least the Mayflower moving vans are not on standby to move the team to Toronto or San Antonio or Portland, OR.  

Bills Circle The Wagons
On 4/19/2024 at 3:28 PM, RochesterRob said:

The Bills are no different than most other NFL teams.  The profile of the attending fan will change.  The same people that are paying 4-5 hundred thousand dollars for a house in the better suburbs of Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse are the intended demographic.  A 15,000 dollar PSL will get thrown on the credit card and paid off in a short period of time.  The Bills also intend to draw from Southern Ontario in Canada.  The amenities including comfy seating, restrooms, and food will be there.  3 million people live between I-81 and Lake Erie/Niagara River along with 5 million in Southern Ontario including Toronto.  I know many hate the "R" word (regionalization) but it is coming.  Be happy that the people in Buffalo and Erie County pretty much got their way that they can truthfully call the team the Buffalo Bills.  I know some people wanted a downtown stadium but the focus in reality would have been too narrow.  At least the Mayflower moving vans are not on standby to move the team to Toronto or San Antonio or Portland, OR.  

The Buffalo Bills to Toronto ended when the Bills Toronto Series failed so miserably where Rogers had to paper the house. Toronto is never paying $2 billion dollars for a stadium or more and then buying the team. In Canada it would all have to be privately financed along with the political leaders wanting low cost public housing. It’s never happening. Toronto Blue Jays owners couldn’t even afford to build a new Toronto Blue Jays stadium they renovated Rogers Centre which is like putting lip stick on a pig. 

Portland people are moving out of there because of the city’s political policies so that isn’t happening. They have fallen in MLB expansion circles because of the political environment. San Antonio is kicking the tires on MLB expansion plus the Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones isn’t letting the NFL go into what he considers Dallas Cowboys territory. 

If and that is a big if hypothetically the Buffalo Bills were to ever move I agree with you on the Bills regionalization of the Bills. I could see a day way down the road if the economics no longer allow Western New York to keep the Buffalo Bills. Because remember now Erie County is out of the football business with new Bills stadium. New York State has taken over. With that said I could see the day New York City gets NFL back in Upper Manhattan or Queens in a Sofi Stadium type of situation rebranding as the New York Bills. Where both Buffalo and Rochester get the New York Bills games shown on television in our areas like the New York Yankees and New York Mets games. With high speed trains taking Buffalo and Rochester Bills fans to New York to see the New York Bills.

Because remember the New York Giants and New York Jets don’t pay taxes in New York State they pay taxes in the state of New Jersey. No way is New York State letting that tax revenue go that is why the New Jersey Nets are back in New York in Brooklyn. There is huge tax revenue today on the back end of that new stadium lease and the television revenues keep going up each decade. The Bills I guarantee are never leaving New York State as long as there is big money and gambling no way. Smart states have figured this out except Oakland. Oakland politics are out of there mind letting three major league teams leave crazy in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Bills Circle The Wagons

RochesterRob
6 hours ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

The Buffalo Bills to Toronto ended when the Bills Toronto Series failed so miserably where Rogers had to paper the house. Toronto is never paying $2 billion dollars for a stadium or more and then buying the team. In Canada it would all have to be privately financed along with the political leaders wanting low cost public housing. It’s never happening. Toronto Blue Jays owners couldn’t even afford to build a new Toronto Blue Jays stadium they renovated Rogers Centre which is like putting lip stick on a pig. 

Portland people are moving out of there because of the city’s political policies so that isn’t happening. They have fallen in MLB expansion circles because of the political environment. San Antonio is kicking the tires on MLB expansion plus the Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones isn’t letting the NFL go into what he considers Dallas Cowboys territory. 

If and that is a big if hypothetically the Buffalo Bills were to ever move I agree with you on the Bills regionalization of the Bills. I could see a day way down the road if the economics no longer allow Western New York to keep the Buffalo Bills. Because remember now Erie County is out of the football business with new Bills stadium. New York State has taken over. With that said I could see the day New York City gets NFL back in Upper Manhattan or Queens in a Sofi Stadium type of situation rebranding as the New York Bills. Where both Buffalo and Rochester get the New York Bills games shown on television in our areas like the New York Yankees and New York Mets games. With high speed trains taking Buffalo and Rochester Bills fans to New York to see the New York Bills.

Because remember the New York Giants and New York Jets don’t pay taxes in New York State they pay taxes in the state of New Jersey. No way is New York State letting that tax revenue go that is why the New Jersey Nets are back in New York in Brooklyn. There is huge tax revenue today on the back end of that new stadium lease and the television revenues keep going up each decade. The Bills I guarantee are never leaving New York State as long as there is big money and gambling no way. Smart states have figured this out except Oakland. Oakland politics are out of there mind letting three major league teams leave crazy in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Please read what I wrote carefully.  I said that the Bills will draw from Ontario and Toronto.  I never said anything about moving the team there.  The Bills were drawing heavy numbers out of Canada during their Super Bowl run and it is conceivable they will draw from there again.  60,000 individuals paying big money for PSL's and tickets are not coming solely from Erie County and the City of Buffalo.  When I mentioned moving vans it was meant in the spirit of we are fortunate that we are not literally facing that scenario.  San Antonio and Portland are cities that get mentioned frequently for expansion of the NFL when the subject gets pulled up by observers of the league.  I did not pull those city names out of a hat.  The NFL would have never approved the sale of the Bills to the Pegula's if the plan was to only draw from Erie County and the City of Buffalo.  

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Please read what I wrote carefully.  

:classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh:

Welcome to the internet.  You must be new...

• Haha 2

RochesterRob
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

:classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh:

Welcome to the internet.  You must be new...

Actually, I figured he went PTSD when he saw the words Toronto, Ontario, and Canadian and then relapsed to the year 2010.  

Alaska Darin

I cannot wait to see how close they get to this video.  That thing looks amazing.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I cannot wait to see how close they get to this video.  That thing looks amazing.

The bears want the local tax payers to cough up 2.3 billion! Right!!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Bills Circle The Wagons
14 minutes ago, Pete said:

The bears want the local tax payers to cough up 2.3 billion! Right!!

Exactly not just the Chicago Bears want a new stadium so does the Chicago White Sox. I think it’s interesting how the city of Chicago is going to handle that? If it was my call I don’t give either owner a dime. Neither team is leaving Chicago that I think is the best sports town in America. The Chicago White Sox aren’t moving to Nashville a smaller city that is like the New York Yankees are moving to Buffalo when pigs fly. The Chicago White Sox aren’t leaving the huge market that is Chicago. Neither are the Chicago Bears if they wanted Addison a Chicago suburb the Bears would have made that deal already since they own the racetrack already in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Bills Circle The Wagons
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Exactly not just the Chicago Bears want a new stadium so does the Chicago White Sox. I think it’s interesting how the city of Chicago is going to handle that? If it was my call I don’t give either owner a dime. Neither team is leaving Chicago that I think is the best sports town in America. The Chicago White Sox aren’t moving to Nashville a smaller city that is like the New York Yankees are moving to Buffalo when pigs fly. The Chicago White Sox aren’t leaving the huge market that is Chicago. Neither are the Chicago Bears if they wanted Addison a Chicago suburb the Bears wouldn’t have made that deal already since they own the racetrack already in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Erie county and the state coughed up $850 million for the bills stadium which was the most taxpayer money ever I think. I laughed when I read the bears wanted $2.3 Bill. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Can't wait to see Onalim miss the stadium entrance and end up in Lake Michigan.

• Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Exactly not just the Chicago Bears want a new stadium so does the Chicago White Sox. I think it’s interesting how the city of Chicago is going to handle that? If it was my call I don’t give either owner a dime. Neither team is leaving Chicago that I think is the best sports town in America. The Chicago White Sox aren’t moving to Nashville a smaller city that is like the New York Yankees are moving to Buffalo when pigs fly. The Chicago White Sox aren’t leaving the huge market that is Chicago. Neither are the Chicago Bears if they wanted Addison a Chicago suburb the Bears would have made that deal already since they own the racetrack already in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The Bears had bought land in the 'burbs and were all set to move out of the city. Then, they weren't (I would have to search this thread, but the change back to the city wasn't made long ago).