Share some music thread

Joe

CarpetCrawler
6 hours ago, Foxx said:

Who you got?

Complete Image:

RR Greats.jpg

For me, I'd have to say Page and Beck.

I'd have to pick George Harrison and Duane Allman, with Stevie Ray Vaughn a close 3rd.

*But Steve Hackett would be in the top 2 if he was there. 

• Cheers 2

On 11/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Foxx said:

Who you got?

Complete Image:

RR Greats.jpg

Not that either would be in my top 2, but how the heck do you have a list that long that doesn't include Alex Lifeson nor Rik Emmett?

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Who you got?

Complete Image:

RR Greats.jpg

All due respect to the rest of them, but Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen changed what people thought was possible with the guitar.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm at a Christmas party, hearing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and thinking as I usually do that we really missed out not having a Van Halen/DLR Christmas album...

...then I realize..."AI can do that."

I now have a new goal in life: AI-generated David Lee Roth/Van Halen "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer."

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2023 at 11:54 AM, Foxx said:

Who you got?

Complete Image:

RR Greats.jpg

3 is the new 2.

Clapton, Knopfler and the Edge for their overall contributions to their bands including song writing and vocals.  

Edited by Ninety-4
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Who you got?

Complete Image:

RR Greats.jpg

I get two-fer-one because I choose Chuck Berry.  The freebie with that choice is Keith Richards. They're pretty much the same, and Richards is open about how much Berry influenced his playing style.

My second choice would be Jerry Garcia.  Not that I'm a Deadhead, it's just that I like his style.

Honorable mention to Johnny Ramone.  Not any sort of technician, but he stripped down the music when it needed to be done. Like hitting the reset button.

Can't forget Angus Young.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

As I recall, Led Zeppelin III wasn't a terribly popular album, in no small part because it was far more folksy and less blues-rock oriented than I and II.  And I get it.

But re-listening to it now (probably the first time in 10 years), and picking up my guitar and playing along, I realize that, between "Friends" (open C), "Out on the Tiles" (dropped D), "That's the Way" (open G), "Tangerine" (about a quarter-tone flat) and "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" (open F), this album is an absolute masterpiece of alternative guitar tuning.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
KD in CA

I saw a Rush band last night at the venue in town. Fun to hear all the classics played live again. Last time I saw the real thing was at least 35 years ago.

• Cheers 2