Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Share some music thread

Joe

On 1/13/2023 at 6:33 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

FmPAVJrXkAM5eRd?format=jpg&name=small

I saw Led Zeppelin live in the 70's. John Bonham more than made up for it playing the Moby Dick solo while the rest of the band took a break and left the stage. 

• Like 1

Low key one of the greatest most innovative musicians of the last 40 years is Trevor Horn. From the Buggles to Art of Noise to Yes. I absolutely love the later Yes stuff, known as "Yes West" as they were based out of LA at the time. So crisp and clean and well-produced with just a gigantic sound.

Edited by RkFast

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

Been on a Robert Plant pre-Allison Krause solo career kick lately.  This...

Four observations:

1) Holy shit, the '80s cheese in this video.  Costumes!  Incoherent visual narrative!  Guys trying to look cool not playing instruments!

2) Robert Plant was one seriously cool "don't give a shit" mother&#%$er.  (Still might be, I don't know, see "Allison Krause.")

3) It's a catchy tune.  Good beat.

4) This song contains two of my most favorite ridiculous lines:

"With all the romance of the Ton-Ton Macoute."

and

"You were pumping iron as I was pumping irony..."  :classic_blink: :classic_laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

All those people were sitting on the floor because the sofa just got up and belted out Mississippi Queen.

That guy is way up on my favorite rock front man list. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Foxx said:

For all the recognition that "Don't Fear the Reaper" gets as the "cowbell" song...fact is, there's a hell of a lot of good cowbell rock.  This, Van Halen's "Dance The Night Away," etc.  I know I'm forgetting many others.

Any recommendations for my cowbell playlist?

19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

For all the recognition that "Don't Fear the Reaper" gets as the "cowbell" song...fact is, there's a hell of a lot of good cowbell rock.  This, Van Halen's "Dance The Night Away," etc.  I know I'm forgetting many others.

Any recommendations for my cowbell playlist?

Honkey Tonk Woman.

• Like 2