Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Better drowned than in cages separated from human traffick- er, their "parents."

It's incredible to me that no one is covering this. It's equally incredible to me that people like McConnell, etc., are seemingly oblivious to it.

Why, it seems like only yesterday that AOC was crying on her knees at the border. She's on her knees again, but just to ensure Biden released the student loan deal, another thing I don't hear the GOP yelling about.

• Cheers 1

maybe if that $50 mil was paid to Texaas and Arizona, they would be less inclined to bus their illegals to DC

$50 million emergency bill introduced to aid migrants bused to DC (msn.com)

The governors of Texas and Arizona are exploiting and harming desperate and vulnerable people fleeing dangerous situations in their home countries for political gain,” Norton said in a statement.

The proposed bill would bolster the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Emergency Food and Shelter Program by providing an additional $50 million to go toward humanitarian assistance for migrants arriving in D.C. Congress has already allocated $150 million to the EFSP for migrant aid for the current fiscal year, with about $85 million remaining in that fund as of July 21.

OMG - tracking illegals

the horror

we should check in with all of the unvaxxed who were treated as less than human

maybe the DC mayor can give us an update on how she's still treating unvaxxed school kids, (who actually are US citizens)

NYC officials say Texas Gov. Abbott is using wristbands to place bar codes on migrants bused to city (msn.com)

“Gov. Abbott is bar-coding people and treating them as less than human, as if they were cattle,” New York City Commissioner of Immigrant Affairs Manuel Castro told the news outlet. “I was incredibly shocked when I saw children with bracelets and bar codes and security personnel treating them as less than human beings.”

sounds like a sweet deal

too bad, it only lasts unitl mid-terms are over

Migrants bused to U.S. capital from Texas struggle to secure housing, medical care (msn.com)

Nearly a month after arriving with their 1-year-old daughter on a bus sent by the governor of Texas to Washington, D.C., Colombian couple Noralis Zuniga and Juan Camilo Mendoza are unsure how long they will be allowed to stay in their city-funded hotel room.

Since arriving in late July, the Colombian couple has been staying at a Hampton Inn, one of two hotels being used by the nation's capital to house about 50 migrant families. The families, many of whom come from Venezuela, receive three meals a day and crucial shelter.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sanctuary-city-nyc-buckles-migrant-hotel-intake-center-plans-fall-apart

While New York City signaled plenty of virtue over their "sanctuary city" status, the Big Apple failed to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to actual resources, and are currently drowning amid a surge in illegal immigrants after Texas began sending busloads of border crossers.

The influx of migrants led to NYC Mayor Eric Adams appealing to the White House for assistance - financial and otherwise - a call which has gone unanswered. According to an official with knowledge of the city's efforts, Adams' admin has also reached out to the US Conference of Mayors for help.

We assume he was met with extra-quiet crickets.

"“If [Adams] can’t find a place for [the migrants] to go, it looks like he can’t manage. Throw it on top of the crime pile, and it looks like he can’t control the city," political consultant Hank Sheinkopf told the Post on Sunday.

"If Adams has not resolved this by the late fall, he will have a big problem. A failure to resolve this as the weather changes is going to be a real problem for the mayor," he added.

"It’s a public-relations disaster, and there’s no indication that Abbott is going to stop sending people here."

• Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
32 minutes ago, Ann said:

What is she complaining about? Not only is Chicago a "sanctuary city" if it is ok for illegals to pour over the border into southern states by the hundreds of thousands, why isn't it ok for Chicago to take on a few thousand?

It would be nice  if these holier than though mayors would get upset at the Biden admin for leaving the border wide open. Maybe stop the flow of illegals and deport them and TX will not need to bus them 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

What is she complaining about? Not only is Chicago a "sanctuary city" if it is ok for illegals to pour over the border into southern states by the hundreds of thousands, why isn't it ok for Chicago to take on a few thousand?

From Mayor Lightfoot's office:

What does it mean that Chicago is a Sanctuary City?

Chicago’s Welcoming City Ordinance means that the City will not ask about your immigration status, disclose that information to authorities, or, most importantly, deny you City services based on your immigration status.

Why does Chicago choose not to partner with Immigrations Customs Enforcement to deport undocumented individuals?

Partnering with ICE would go against our mission to make Chicago the most immigrant friendly city in the country and turn ours into a community of fear for immigrants.

Emphasis mine.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Billsandhorns said:

Being "the most immigrant friendly city in the country", they should be welcoming the immigrants with open arms. TX is just helping the "immigrants " get to their chosen final destination. 

If I were Abbot, I'd just go with "They're refugees from Texas oppression."  Let Lightfoot choke on that.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Billsandhorns
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If I were Abbot, I'd just go with "They're refugees from Texas oppression."  Let Lightfoot choke on that.  

It's not just Abbot anymore. I live in El Paso and the NGO's have started chartering buses from here because they are overwhelmed. 

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

It's not just Abbot anymore. I live in El Paso and the NGO's have started chartering buses from here because they are overwhelmed. 

Point stands, though.  Let someone respond to Lightfoot with that, and force her to either acknowledge responsibility for refugees from the immigration system, or require immigrants to remain in an "oppressive" state.  

And the states/cities bussing immigrants to Chicago should only bus the criminal element - keep the responsible immigrant population in-state, but let Lightfoot face the ramifications of "won't cooperate with ICE" by trying to deal with the MS13 element on her own.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Billsandhorns
16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Point stands, though.  Let someone respond to Lightfoot with that, and force her to either acknowledge responsibility for refugees from the immigration system, or require immigrants to remain in an "oppressive" state.  

And the states/cities bussing immigrants to Chicago should only bus the criminal element - keep the responsible immigrant population in-state, but let Lightfoot face the ramifications of "won't cooperate with ICE" by trying to deal with the MS13 element on her own.

Why discriminate. They all broke the law by crossing illegally. I'm sure there are plenty of the criminal element mixed in with the others being sent

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Billsandhorns said:

Why discriminate. They all broke the law by crossing illegally. I'm sure there are plenty of the criminal element mixed in with the others being sent

Because for about 90-95%, the only law they broke was immigration law.  Most illegal immigrants are just trying to make a better life.  I've seen the stats - worked hands-on with them, actually.  Most illegals are just normal people...about 5% are absolute demons.  ("You're wanted for aggravated murder in Somalia.  How the &#%$ do you become wanted for aggravated murder in &#%$ing SOMALIA?????")

Let Lightfoot deal with the other 5-10% who are murderers trafficking drugs and people. 

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Because for about 90-95%, the only law they broke was immigration law.  Most illegal immigrants are just trying to make a better life.  I've seen the stats - worked hands-on with them, actually.  Most illegals are just normal people...about 5% are absolute demons.  ("You're wanted for aggravated murder in Somalia.  How the &#%$ do you become wanted for aggravated murder in &#%$ing SOMALIA?????")

Let Lightfoot deal with the other 5-10% who are murderers trafficking drugs and people. 

"Only?"  Try entering any other country in the world illegally. See what happens to you.

Once they are here, how do they exist without breaking more laws? How do they survive without money unless they work illegally? Steal a SS#? Or rob people/homes? 

Imagine telling someone who came through legally, paid all the fees, took all the tests, and became American citizens that illegals "only" broke immigration law.  :censored:

Get in line if you want a better life, and come over legally.

• Wow 1

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My wife ( a naturalized citizen) who did it the right way would tell you that doesn't matter. Her family spent years going through the process, why should it be different for anyone else?  

She tells me that she feels like she is a second class citizen in her own adopted country. What should I tell her ? That's not true that she is just as valuable to this country as someone who just walked across the border for a better life? This country certainly isn't telling us that

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

14 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

My wife ( a naturalized citizen) who did it the right way would tell you that doesn't matter. Her family spent years going through the process, why should it be different for anyone else?  

She tells me that she feels like she is a second class citizen in her own adopted country. What should I tell her ? That's not true that she is just as valuable to this country as someone who just walked across the border for a better life? This country certainly isn't telling us that

Tell your wife she's absolutely right, and this administration (in fact everyone on the left) 100% sees her as a second class citizen. 

In fact, it's in her best interest to STFU or be designated as a MAGA semi-fascist.

It probably sounds like I'm kidding. But after last night's speech closing out a week of threats, it's not that clear anymore.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
31 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Tell your wife she's absolutely right, and this administration (in fact everyone on the left) 100% sees her as a second class citizen. 

In fact, it's in her best interest to STFU or be designated as a MAGA semi-fascist.

It probably sounds like I'm kidding. But after last night's speech closing out a week of threats, it's not that clear anymore.

After the continued threats, I agree it has become increasingly clear to me. Unless you 100 % toe the line you are seen as an enemy