Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Immigration

Foxx

Migrants bused to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off to suburbs (msn.com)

Migrants bused to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off to suburbs

Burr Ridge Mayor Gary Gasso said. "So [I'm] very happy for them but unhappy that nobody from the city, from the state, called and told me or my village administrator or any of our elected officials that this was happening."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Migrants bused to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off to suburbs (msn.com)

Migrants bused to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off to suburbs

Burr Ridge Mayor Gary Gasso said. "So [I'm] very happy for them but unhappy that nobody from the city, from the state, called and told me or my village administrator or any of our elected officials that this was happening."

NIMBY on full display 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

NIMBY on full display 

Absolutely no on is surprised by their NIMBY attitude.  Everyone's surprised that someone had the balls to hoist them on their own petards.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wow

In cahoots

We're going to end up with five thousand immigrants doing nothing but riding busses between Chicago and Texas from now to November.

This is what passes for governance in this country.

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

We're going to end up with five thousand immigrants doing nothing but riding busses between Chicago and Texas from now to November.

should bus them to Canada

Former ICE director blasts Kamala Harris' border claim: 'Everyone knows they're lying' (msn.com)

JONATHAN FAHEY: Everyone knows they're lying about it. And maybe they're hoping when she's on 'Meet the Press' or one of these shows that maybe the people watching that show are not aware of the issue; they will believe her because there's not a lot of broader coverage of the issue. But it really is bizarre because it's so obviously not true.

And remember, a year and a half ago, her issue was working on the root causes of illegal immigration, which at that point I think was the bad weather in Guatemala, you know, just complete nonsense.

And just to come out here and say our border is secure is an insult to the American people, an insult to our Border Patrol agents, our law enforcement agents that know it's not true, and they know it's not true because of the administration's policies encouraging massive illegal immigration prohibiting them from enforcing our border, from preventing drugs from coming in, and for enforcing our national security to a level to keep us safe. 

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's stunning how much they lie to everyone's face, and never get called out on it by media.

The previous administration "couldn't even finish in 4 years"... how many years were in court due to the Dems? And Biden stopped that build the second he took office. And WTH the Biden administration is doing a lot more? This isn't gaslighting, this is psychotic.

• Cheers 1

On 9/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not saying this governance, but what is TX supposed to do? We have been getting screwed by this administration for 2 years. The state doesn't have the authority to ship them back to where they came and early on the federal government was flying them to those same destinations. 

I, as a Texas citizen understand the message. Maybe we should send more. Not that the President or his puppeteers will actually get it.

Edit to add, I only see the buses stopping one of two ways. Robert Francis becomes governor of TX or the federal government gets it's head out of it's ass and actually fixes the problem it created 

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

Edit to add, I only see the buses stopping one of two ways. Robert Francis becomes governor of TX or the federal government gets it's head out of it's ass and actually fixes the problem it created 

I vote for option 2

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Hopefully the Mexican Irishman doesn't get voted in.

I doubt the fake Mexican will, but stranger things have happened lately 

Kudo's once again to Future President DeSantis as he has sent a couple plane loads of illegals the Martha's Vineyard!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-sends-two-planes-illegal-immigrants-marthas-vineyard

"Yes, Florida can confirm the two planes with illegal immigrants that arrived in Martha’s Vineyard today were part of the state’s relocation program to transport illegal immigrants to sanctuary destinations," the governor’s communications director, Taryn Fenske, told Fox News Digital. 

"States like Massachusetts, New York, and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country’ by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary states’ and support for the Biden Administration’s open border policies," she said. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Kudo's once again to Future President DeSantis as he has sent a couple plane loads of illegals the Martha's Vineyard!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-sends-two-planes-illegal-immigrants-marthas-vineyard

Dammit, I'm going to the Cape in a few weeks!  He couldn't wait until the end of October?  

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Dammit, I'm going to the Cape in a few weeks!  He couldn't wait until the end of October?  

Maybe Obama will volunteer to put them all up at his place there. You know, out of sight, out of mind?

Florida Flies 2 Planeloads of Migrants to Martha’s Vineyard (msn.com)

Taryn M. Fenske, the communications director for Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, said the two flights were part of a state program to transport undocumented immigrants to so-called sanctuary destinations. This year the Florida Legislature set aside $12 million for the transportation program.

“States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration through their designation as ‘sanctuary states’ and support for the Biden administration’s open border policies,” Ms. Fenske said in a statement.

While Martha’s Vineyard is known as the summer destination for the rich and powerful — President Barack Obama and John Kerry have homes there — the island faces a shortage of affordable housing, with the median home price at about $1 million. The migrants are also arriving just at the end of the summer season, when seasonal work has ended.

“There are literally no jobs in the winter, and there is no affordable housing on Martha’s Vineyard,” Ms. Rush said. “The bulk of people that work a lower- to middle-income job live off island and commute.”

• Like 1

'It's open...we came here illegally!' Migrant scoffs at Kamala Harris's insistence southern border is secure after being dropped off outside VP's DC home in bus organized by Texas Governor Greg Abbott

• Vice President Kamala Harris insisted on Sunday that the southern border was 'secure' during an interview on Sunday 
  • But migrants arriving in DC, close to her home, have said that they thought it was open despite the comments - with one happily telling reporters 'we came here illegally'
  • Texas Governor Greg Abbott has sent yet another bus of illegal migrants from his state in what appears to be a direct retaliation for the comments
  • Almost 100 people travelled from Eagle Pass to the Naval Observatory on Thursday morning , just yards from Harris' DC home

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Applause 1