Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tre’Davious White Injury [New Injury 10.1.23]

Ann

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

I think we watched Tre White's last game in the NFL.

Achilles injuries to 28 yr old CBs are career enders.

The Bills will have to address the secondary in the next draft and FA period.

I'm thinking that we use a high draft choice next spring for a CB.  The other position that will be addressed is center.  Too early to say how the draft is going to fall for us.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Is Elam and one of the Bills extra picks next year the tradable commodity? I'm certain a coach/ team that plays more man to man would love to try to get their chances with him. He has the tools, but just isn't a natural scheme fit.

I would not trade any DL. They finally have it right, and that front can help alleviate the injury in the secondary.

Either way, depth at CB will need to be addressed.

Agree with the sentiment.  They've got 6 when Miller comes back and a bunch on 1 year deals or contracts ending soonish.    I don't see them keeping them all post Miller return. Jonathan is rostered, and he might get plucked if he's released and signed to the practice squad.  Lawson could be the odd man out.  Beane if he can't keep 6 might want to get some value for one of them.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Sad day for Tre white. One of my favorite player. Talented and class guy on and off he field. First corner stone brick in 2017 laying foundation to help turnaround organization. Feel really bad for him. Wishing him lot good wishes and speedy recovery. Listening to McDermott today can feel the emotion he has for tre white. Represent what a buffalo bill should be. Very hard to hear.

It is high time for elam now to step in and earn first round status. Time to take to take kid gloves off. Feast or famine time.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

12 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm thinking that we use a high draft choice next spring for a CB.  The other position that will be addressed is center.  Too early to say how the draft is going to fall for us.  

why a high pick for a CB?

high picks are needed to get press cover skills (Elam)- which is the opposite of what the Bills employ.

pointless to waste the draft capital

Bills have shown to be excellent at coaching up lower round and UDFA zone capable DBs

would be more likely to spend a higher pick on a S

• Cheers 3

RochesterRob
10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

why a high pick for a CB?

high picks are needed to get press cover skills (Elam)- which is the opposite of what the Bills employ.

pointless to waste the draft capital

Bills have shown to be excellent at coaching up lower round and UDFA zone capable DBs

would be more likely to spend a higher pick on a S

You are ignoring that White was a 1st round pick whose abilities were highly coveted.  McDermott prefers at least one highly skilled CB to man the back of the defense.  Coaching up projects is not something a coach can do at will.  The Bills have some capable DB's but I am not aware of them having one that can either neutralize a player or a portion of the field at this time without White.  Maybe Elam can make the jump to that level.  

• Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You are ignoring that White was a 1st round pick whose abilities were highly coveted.  McDermott prefers at least one highly skilled CB to man the back of the defense.  Coaching up projects is not something a coach can do at will.  The Bills have some capable DB's but I am not aware of them having one that can either neutralize a player or a portion of the field at this time without White.  Maybe Elam can make the jump to that level.  

Bills front office is good getting talent anywhere in the draft.  I'm not concerned where they pick a CB.

• Cheers 4

RochesterRob
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bills front office is good getting talent anywhere in the draft.  I'm not concerned where they pick a CB.

I don't deny that but the odds are much greater that they find a suitable player higher in the draft order versus lower.  If they can find a replacement for White in the 5th round who fills the bill then I would be ecstatic.  

• Cheers 3

SquirminThurman
On 10/2/2023 at 8:18 PM, RochesterRob said:

CB and S is a growing need. Have wanted a C for three drafts now.

I think the Bills can find a solid CB, who is a match for the zone in rounds 3-7. Double dip if there are good options there.

• Like 1

Wonder since Denver struggling wonder if trade for Patrick surtain and would he be a fit in McDermott system. What would that cost? Just pondering the thought

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1

SquirminThurman
11 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Wonder since Denver struggling wonder if trade for Patrick surtain and would he be a fit in McDermott system. What would that cost? Just pondering the thought

I just mentioned this in around the league thread!?!

Is PSII a scheme fit? He is a bit handsy too...

Denver did just cut (DE) Randy Gregory, and dealt Bradley Chubb last season...

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

Interesting.  I'm no Doc but have heard in the past that one of the things that makes full achilles recovery so long and uncertain is that the tendon is shortened with traditional surgery.  That limits and delays regaining full motion. Maybe this new procedure improves that.  

• Cheers 3

• 3 months later...