Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tre’Davious White Injury [New Injury 10.1.23]

Ann

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm no doctor, but I've watched enough football to know that a relatively non-contact injury that has a player throwing his helmet, punching the turf and hanging a towel over their head on the way to the locker room means he's done for the year.

So the question remains, what are the Bills options moving forward? The team doesn't seem to have use for Elam in this defense, so for those who really know the roster, how do the Bills fill that spot?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm no doctor, but I've watched enough football to know that a relatively non-contact injury that has a player throwing his helmet, punching the turf and hanging a towel over their head on the way to the locker room means he's done for the year.

So the question remains, what are the Bills options moving forward? The team doesn't seem to have use for Elam in this defense, so for those who really know the roster, how do the Bills fill that spot?

Trade with the Steelers for Levi Wallace?

• O Rly 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've got some faith in Elam.

He's athletic enough to, at the very minimum, make it appear that his receiver is covered.  And with this pass rush, they don't need much more.  And he can tackle well.  Perfect place to get him activated is far away from Orchard Park.  How does London sound?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Ann said:

Trade with the Steelers for Levi Wallace?

I'm thinking Levi would be up for that these days. Really misjudged how good the Steelers would be this year, but apparently they have the other Canada that everyone wishes would go away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Makes sense.

It's time that Elam stepped it up, if he's able.  The Bills have Cam Lewis and Neal.  Wouldn't shock me to see a trade.  The Bills are loaded at DE, especially after Miller is full speed.  One of them might attract a decent depth corner.  The Bills have some extra picks in the '24 draft, so they have something to give for quality in return if nobody on the roster can fill the void.  

• Cheers 3

I feel bad for Tre. The 1st pick of the McD era is the epitome of a process guy. He worked so hard to come back and his frustration showed on the field. Get well Tre!

Time for Elam to play to his draft status. Also, I thought Ingram had an injury in practice recently?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

SquirminThurman

Is Elam and one of the Bills extra picks next year the tradable commodity? I'm certain a coach/ team that plays more man to man would love to try to get their chances with him. He has the tools, but just isn't a natural scheme fit.

I would not trade any DL. They finally have it right, and that front can help alleviate the injury in the secondary.

Either way, depth at CB will need to be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, SquirminThurman said:

Is Elam and one of the Bills extra picks next year the tradable commodity? I'm certain a coach/ team that plays more man to man would love to try to get their chances with him. He has the tools, but just isn't a natural scheme fit.

I would not trade any DL. They finally have it right, and that front can help alleviate the injury in the secondary.

Either way, depth at CB will need to be addressed.

+1

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
21 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tre White's achilles injury will have him out for the rest of the season per 10 WHEC Rochester.  

I think we watched Tre White's last game in the NFL.

Achilles injuries to 28 yr old CBs are career enders.

The Bills will have to address the secondary in the next draft and FA period.

• Sad 1