Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tre’Davious White Injury [New Injury 10.1.23]

Ann

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Soon

"We want to crawl before we walk."

Hmm. Even if Tre White is limited to crawling, that should be enough to shut down Kelvin Benjamin-type receivers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He looks great.

He was probably ready at the start of the season but when Benford and Elam displayed an ability to man the position, they decided to give Tre more time to develop that confidence he is going to need to trust his ACL.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

He was probably ready at the start of the season but when Benford and Elam displayed an ability to man the position, they decided to give Tre more time to develop that confidence he is going to need to trust his ACL.

Fine by me.  Better to miss a couple games and have a long career.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I quit questioning the process a long time ago.  The only time my faith has been shaken was when Frazier was brought back but we'll find out a lot this week (even without our full complement).  I know if I was him (and McD), I'd have spent an awful lot of time this past offseason figuring out how to get stops against KC.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Fine by me.  Better to miss a couple games and have a long career.

I agree.  There's just no reason to take a big risk with that kind of asset.

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I quit questioning the process a long time ago.  The only time my faith has been shaken was when Frazier was brought back but we'll find out a lot this week (even without our full complement).  I know if I was him (and McD), I'd have spent an awful lot of time this past offseason figuring out how to get stops against KC.

Phil Simms today said he was with Jim Kelly a day or two after the loss last year, and Kelly told him priority one was a pass rusher.

Rousseau was brought in for speed and length, particularly to get Mahomes. But now Miller brings the experience and moves.

I think, too -- and anyone can correct me here -- I do not recall the defense doing near as many rotations as they are doing this year to keep everyone fresh.

Better Rousseau, addition of Miller, fresh bodies with experience like Shaq and Boogie, Milano and Edmunds playing out of their minds, getting Poyer back...

I just wish the game were at OBD.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Phil Simms today said he was with Jim Kelly a day or two after the loss last year, and Kelly told him priority one was a pass rusher.

Rousseau was brought in for speed and length, particularly to get Mahomes. But now Miller brings the experience and moves.

I think, too -- and anyone can correct me here -- I do not recall the defense doing near as many rotations as they are doing this year to keep everyone fresh.

Better Rousseau, addition of Miller, fresh bodies with experience like Shaq and Boogie, Milano and Edmunds playing out of their minds, getting Poyer back...

The pass rush got to Mahomes in that playoff game, but couldn’t finish and let him shake loose several times.  That’s been addressed and the added benefit is that the better Dline makes the LBs and DBs’ lives easier.

I just pumped myself up typing that!

WOOT WOOT, let’s go!

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

I don’t know about that.

But I do think it allowed them the luxury of not even contemplating accelerating the recovery timelines to a bare minimum.

White is exactly on the track that they set for him as soon as they knew the extent of the injury.

• Like 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That’s what *everyone* is trying to do.

They’re trying to figure out how to get stops against KC, and against Buffalo.

But here’s the thing: offenses like these two generally don’t get stopped, but rather stop themselves; and as such aren’t really a gauge of how good/bad your coordinator is.

Look at Allen for example. Coordinators scheme to take away his long ball, and force him underneath. Lots of 2 high, some cover 0 mixed in. Man zone combos on the X and Z.

Most offensive coordinators respond by saying “Let’s beat them by getting ultra efficient, and take our yardage in 3-8 yard chunks underneath.”

Daboll, instead, looked at his forever-child Never-Never Land Man Beast, and said “OK, underneath to establish our tempo, but then, once we’ve done that, let’s beat their scheme of taking away the deep ball *by throwing it even deeper than their able to defend*!!! &#%$ it all!!! HAHAHA!!! Our line creates calendars of pocket time, and when they don’t??? JOSH WILL STIFF ARM A &#%$ING CHARGING BULL WITH HIS THROWING ARM AND CREATE ANOTHER 5 SECONDS!!!”

Dorsey adapted those ideas.

He out threw very good coverage designed to do exactly that on both Davis TDs last week.

I do not cast any blame on Keith Butler for that.

I think the same of Mahomes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

22 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The AFCC Game will be. Trust The Process. 

• Like 1