Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tre’Davious White Injury [New Injury 10.1.23]

Ann

It asks an interesting question... Would Buffalo have won their first Super Bowl last year without the injury?

90 Buffalo Bills players in 90 days: CB Tre’Davious White

The Buffalo Bills have one of the NFL’s best defensive secondaries. Of the five projected starters (we’re counting nickel corner Taron Johnson in the mix), three of them have been named either First-Team All-Pro or Second-Team All-Pro. When all of those starters are healthy, this team is hard to beat.

That’s why it was so devastating last season when one of those starters was lost for the season thanks to a torn ACL. While Buffalo was able to remain stout on defense, finishing first overall in points against, total yards against, and total passing yards against, it became clear that the team was in for some trouble when playing against elite offenses. That trouble reared its ugly head against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs, two games Buffalo lost in overtime.

Would the Bills have won their first Super Bowl without the injury? There’s obviously no way to tell, but sometimes it feels that way. In today’s edition of “90 players in 90 days,” we’ll discuss that defensive player whose health is so important to the team overall. ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

That last bit is kind of strange.  The surgery was months ago, so seems like the meshing would have been done a long time ago.  Isn't the team involved in his rehab?

Given the season starts in two weeks and he hasn't stepped on a field, I don't see any way he's back for week 1.

• Like 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

That last bit is kind of strange.  The surgery was months ago, so seems like the meshing would have been done a long time ago.  Isn't the team involved in his rehab?

Given the season starts in two weeks and he hasn't stepped on a field, I don't see any way he's back for week 1.

Since they didn't place him on the Reserve/PUP list for week 1, they have to expect him back somewhere between weeks 1 and 4, otherwise, why not do it?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

Since they didn't place him on the Reserve/PUP list for week 1, they have to expect him back somewhere between weeks 1 and 4, otherwise, why not do it?

We'll know by the end of the week when there's a roster spot at stake.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ann said:

What is the deadline for that?

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The surgeon is usually the one that "oversees" the rehab and also signs off on when he can advance to more strenuous activity.  As he isn't a team doctor, there may be HIIPA regulations limiting what he can say directly to the team?  But White/ his people should be keeping the Bills in the loop one would expect if that was the case.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Based on the little research I did on average NFL injuries like this, he was never expected back until October, on average. Everyone is different, I realize, but I don't know that Week 1 was ever an option.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Based on the little research I did on average NFL injuries like this, he was never expected back until October, on average. Everyone is different, I realize, but I don't know that Week 1 was ever an option.

I believe I remember you saying that last year. Or at least someone here.

43 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting they have not put Tre on PUP yet. I know he said he was going to run the clock, but he's got 40 minutes left, I believe.

Does he go on IR or the PUP? If it's IR, they couldn't have done so prior to the 4pm deadline. I believe if they did, he is done for the year

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Does he go on IR or the PUP? If it's IR, they couldn't have done so prior to the 4pm deadline. I believe if they did, he is done for the year

He can still go on the roster, and then be on the restricted IR, which is still just 4 games, but it doesn't make sense to have him take up a roster spot if they can just move him to PUP for the same 4 games.

• Cheers 2