Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills - cheaters predict the score

mead107

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ralph wasn’t perfect but he did loan the Sullivan’s money allowing your sad sack franchise to maintain its existence.  In return, your drunk human trafficker of an owner, who claimed to be a “true fan” and eventually bought the team with money from his wife’s family, conspired with a punk claiming to be a musician to move the team that saved the Patriots away from the city that loves them.  That was low.  

Luckily for Buffalo, even an old Ralph was able to pull a fast one on your arrogant scum bag owner and others by poison pilling a lease making it easier for an ownership group like the Pegulas and more difficult for carpet bagging douche backs like Bon Jersey.

Aside form the child like insults and hate filled jealousy (losing 4 Super Bowls in a row and then 20 years of failure will do that, I guess) the basic facts of your post are accurate.

1. The loan happened.  The Sullivans were a joke and ironically were brought down by the Jacksons (including Michael).

2. Kraft was the CEO of the company by the time he bought the Patriots.  He started with buying the parking lot.  Not kidding.

3. https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium/

4. What did Jon Bon Jovi do to you?  Show us on this doll....

14 hours ago, Ann said:

Does every thread need to go off topic? This is a prediction thread, so let’s get back on topic.

The conversation is worth maintaining so maybe the off topic stuff could be moved to the more general NE-Buffalo thread.  

9 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Aside form the child like insults and hate filled jealousy (losing 4 Super Bowls in a row and then 20 years of failure will do that, I guess) the basic facts of your post are accurate.

1. The loan happened.  The Sullivans were a joke and ironically were brought down by the Jacksons (including Michael).

2. Kraft was the CEO of the company by the time he bought the Patriots.  He started with buying the parking lot.  Not kidding.

3. https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/buffalo-bills-owner-threatens-to-move-team-if-he-doesnt-get-public-funds-for-new-stadium/

Moving the Patriots franchise got to be serious talk during the early 1990's as the eyesore of a stadium AKA Sullivan Stadium was falling to the ground.  There was talk of moving it out of the greater Boston metro area and even talk of relocation to Tennessee (didn't have the Oilers yet) or Jacksonville (did not have the expansion Jags) or some western locale.  Until BB/TB showed up the Pats were always fourth in the NE sports pecking order.  I remember while at college during the Bears-Pats SB Boston people passing up watching the Pats in favor of going to the library.  It's late January so its not like they had to prep for a mid-term or final.  

45 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Moving the Patriots franchise got to be serious talk during the early 1990's as the eyesore of a stadium AKA Sullivan Stadium was falling to the ground.  There was talk of moving it out of the greater Boston metro area and even talk of relocation to Tennessee (didn't have the Oilers yet) or Jacksonville (did not have the expansion Jags) or some western locale.  Until BB/TB showed up the Pats were always fourth in the NE sports pecking order.  I remember while at college during the Bears-Pats SB Boston people passing up watching the Pats in favor of going to the library.  It's late January so its not like they had to prep for a mid-term or final.  

It was Hartford and St. Louis if memory serves.  

Boston has always been a football town but with the Pats sucking for decades and so much success with the Celts, B's and Sox it would be hard to compete for any team.

That said, the Patriots rule teh roost now and for the past 21 years.  Buffalo has the Sabres and that is it.  The Bills are THE Team.

6 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Boston has always been a football town but with the Pats sucking for decades and so much success with the Celts, B's and Sox it would be hard to compete for any team.

That said, the Patriots rule teh roost now and for the past 21 years.  Buffalo has the Sabres and that is it.  The Bills are THE Team.

There are passionate Sabres fans in WNY.  The poor recent performance has cut down on national talk of that franchise.  Yes, Boston has been a football town and part of that hunger has resulted in supporting college teams such as Boston College and the NE Ivies.  

Part of being a loyal fan is being there during the bad times.  Read some Dolphins boards as a comparison.  Miami was a fairly successful franchise until Marino and Shula left.  Not much to get excited about for the last 20 years but there are old time fans on those boards to lend perspective.  That not every year is going to be a run to the SB.  When a championship is there the taste is so much sweeter than a situation where it is expected every year.  Really, Boston (NE) fans have been given a fair deal in that the Patriots were a factor in every decade that they existed in.  If you have to follow the winner all the time then you have to jump from 1970's Steeler's to 1980's 49'rs.  Etc..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

There are passionate Sabres fans in WNY.  The poor recent performance has cut down on national talk of that franchise.  Yes, Boston has been a football town and part of that hunger has resulted in supporting college teams such as Boston College and the NE Ivies.  

Part of being a loyal fan is being there during the bad times.  Read some Dolphins boards as a comparison.  Miami was a fairly successful franchise until Marino and Shula left.  Not much to get excited about for the last 20 years but there are old time fans on those boards to lend perspective.  That not every year is going to be a run to the SB.  When a championship is there the taste is so much sweeter than a situation where it is expected every year.  Really, Boston (NE) fans have been given a fair deal in that the Patriots were a factor in every decade that they existed in.  If you have to follow the winner all the time then you have to jump from 1970's Steeler's to 1980's 49'rs.  Etc..

Agreed.  Pats did find a way to get to a SB in 85 and 96.  Those were fun runs and disappointing results.  

But yeah, I hear ya.

3 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

Calling Boston a football town is like calling St. Louis a basketball town.  Boston is 100% a baseball town.  The Sox were well followed even in their dark years.  There are books/movies/all sorts of lore about that dating back a century.  Anything remotely comparable about football in that town?

4 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

There may have been something you perceive as hate in my post but I can assure it is more pity than hate.  There is certainly no jealousy in that I do not aspire to be a drunk soliciting satisfaction in a strip mall at any point in my life.

Item 3 on your list is a joke and an almost compulsory tactic employed by ownership frequently.  I’m not sure how it applies at all.  

Despite a few duplicitous public statements to the contrary, Kraft clearly tried to get the Bills moved from Buffalo.  If I have any hate for him, it’s origins are there.  I would hope that the Pegulas would never actively try to get the Pats moved.  Wilson not only didn’t do that; he took part in saving the Patriots.  I’m sure he’d tell you and that entire “football town” that you’re welcome.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

There may have been something you perceive as hate in my post but I can assure it is more pity than hate.  There is certainly no jealousy in that I do not aspire to be a drunk soliciting satisfaction in a strip mall at any point in my life.

Item 3 on your list is a joke and an almost compulsory tactic employed by ownership frequently.  I’m not sure how it applies at all.  

Despite a few duplicitous public statements to the contrary, Kraft clearly tried to get the Bills moved from Buffalo.  If I have any hate for him, it’s origins are there.  I would hope that the Pegulas would never actively try to get the Pats moved.  Wilson not only didn’t do that; he took part in saving the Patriots.  I’m sure he’d tell you and that entire “football town” that you’re welcome.

You have different standards for different people doing the same things. 

I can't fix that.

Just now, Aloyouis said:

You have different standards for different people doing the same things. 

I can't fix that.

What “same things” are you even talking about?

• 3 weeks later...