Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs New England: Super Wildcard Weekend Game Week Thread

Ann

59 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'm fully expecting a shitshow with the refs on Saturday. The NFL's wet dream is Brady v. Belichick in the Super Bowl, and I am confident that's what the league is going to manufacture.

Mac Jones is just too much of a liability

NFL could be hitching its wagon to the "Big Ben Storybook Ending"

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think you're right about the League's wishes, and that they'll try to manufacture it if they can. But call me a crazy optimist (I am one), I think this Bills team is finally good enough to beat both the team in front of them and the zebras. I think they're two+ scores better than the P*ts on any given day. Figure the refs can make up for one of those scores, but the Bills should be good enough to overcome the rest. 

(immediately goes and knocks on wood, does a rain dance, rubs a rabbit foot...)

Mrs. snafu would not like this!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koko said:

I'm fully expecting a shitshow with the refs on Saturday. The NFL's wet dream is Brady v. Belichick in the Super Bowl, and I am confident that's what the league is going to manufacture.

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Mac Jones is just too much of a liability

NFL could be hitching its wagon to the "Big Ben Storybook Ending"

I don't buy into the NFL picking winners and losers, especially in the playoffs and SB.  I don't believe the NFL is "rooting for" a Steelers SB or Brady vs Belichick SB, I honestly don't think that happens.  During the regular season, teams with face of the shield superstars (i.e. Brady, Mahomes) will get the benefit of the doubt on various calls, but that happens in all sports.  How many times did Michael Jordan travel and not get called for it?  

Deranged Rhino
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

For me, Harry's ascension this season from fringe rotational player to studly starter has been the highlight. I'm a trenches guy to begin with, so I love watching lineman on both sides play, and Harry has been a favorite of mine since he was drafted. Like Josh, he has the perfect personality for this region and club. His ACL injury sidelined him just when he was starting to establish himself, and it seemed like if he were going to find his ceiling it would be with another team... 

Not anymore. He's a must re-sign. And I'm so happy for him.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Where are the other AFC East QBs on that list?    😁

I found this pretty cool site that allows one to tailor the input and get the stats.

It does have different results than that Tweet. However, for those same parameters; 4th quarter completion percentage, it has Allen 2nd, right behind Carr @ 72.7%. Followed by Tua Turndaballova 14th @ 68.4%, Mac Jones 24th @ 63.3% and Zach Wilson 30th @ 57.3%.

abcde.png

abcdef.pngabcdefg.png

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I found this pretty cool site that allows you one to tailor the input and get the stats.

It does have different results than that Tweet. However, for those same parameters; 4th quarter completion percentage, it has Allen 2nd, right behind Carr @ 72.7%. Followed by Tua Turndaballova 14th @ 68.4%, Mac Jones 24th @ 63.3% and Zach Wilson 30th @ 57.3%.

abcde.png

abcdef.pngabcdefg.png

It's all just CDC propaganda anyway...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

FI1pAgXWUAUek2t?format=jpg&name=small     I don't care how cold it gets, we're gonna win !

I have that pic in my repertoire and you deployed it before me.

tongue out.jpg

• Haha 4

Love the graphic.

:classic_laugh:

TOP NFL DEFENSES

1. BILLS 
  2. NOT THE BILLS
  3. NOT THE BILLS
  4. NOT THE BILLS
  5. NOT THE BILLS
  6. NOT THE BILLS
  7. NOT THE BILLS
  8. NOT THE BILLS
  9. NOT THE BILLS
  10. NOT THE BILLS
  11. NOT THE BILLS
  12. NOT THE BILLS
  13. NOT THE BILLS
  14. NOT THE BILLS
  15. NOT THE BILLS
  16. NOT THE BILLS
  17. NOT THE BILLS
  18. NOT THE BILLS
  19. NOT THE BILLS
  20. NOT THE BILLS
  21. NOT THE BILLS
  22. NOT THE BILLS
  23. NOT THE BILLS
  24. NOT THE BILLS
  25. NOT THE BILLS
  26. NOT THE BILLS
  27. NOT THE BILLS
  28. NOT THE BILLS
  29. NOT THE BILLS
  30. NOT THE BILLS
  31. NOT THE BILLS
  32. NOT THE BILLS
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

Josh ranked 6th. Mac Jones ranked 13th, one ahead of the washed up Roethlisberger.

Ranking the 14 playoff quarterbacks based on NGS' new Passing Score metric

Rank

Josh Allen
Buffalo Bills · Year 4

Passing Score: 88

• Ranking among 31 qualified QBs: 7th
  • Last 3 seasons: 2020: 95 (4th) | 2019: 83 (22nd) | 2018: 75 (32nd)
  • Total pass EPA on attempts: +107.0 (12th)
  • EPA/attempt: +0.17 (14th)
  • Best game: Week 3 vs. Washington (92)

Following his breakout campaign in 2020, Allen led the Bills to their second straight AFC East title this season. Drafted as a raw prospect, the fourth-year pro continues to develop as a passer, seeing his score increase steadily from 2018 to 2020 before taking a slight step back this season. Overall, the former first-rounder has grown into one of the most dangerous passers in the league, scoring in the top five in a whopping 10 different key NGS passing splits.

Allen’s primary strength remains his cannon-like arm, which made him such a tantalizing prospect coming out of Wyoming. He demonstrated that arm ability this season, scoring a 99 on intermediate (10-19 air yards), deep (20+ air yards) and vertical route passes this season (all tied for 1st). On the other hand, the concerns over Allen’s unrefined quarterbacking did reveal itself with his 79 score versus the blitz this season. 

For the fourth straight season, Allen rushed for more than 400 yards. Key to Allen’s evolution as an NFL quarterback has been the marriage between his mobility and his passing ability. This season, Allen wielded that mobility to great success, scoring within the top three in passing on the run, outside the tackle box and with extended dropbacks. 

Key scores by situation:

• Intermediate: 99 (T-1st)
  • Extended passes: 99 (1st)
  • Vs. no blitz: 91 (3rd)
Rank

Mac Jones
New England Patriots · Rookie

Passing Score: 83

• Ranking among 31 qualified QBs: 15th
  • Total pass EPA on attempts: +79.1 (16th)
  • EPA/attempt: +0.16 (16th)
  • Best game: Week 10 vs. Browns (91)

Jones was the only rookie to finish with the season with a top-25 Passing Score, a positive CPOE and a positive passing EPA. Jack-of-all, master-of-none (statistically speaking), Jones did not have a single score that ranked in the top five or bottom five of 20 different passing splits.

He enters Saturday's matchup with the Bills as the first rookie QB to start a playoff game since Lamar Jackson in the 2018 Wild Card Round.

Key scores by situation:

• Third down: 92 (10th)
  • Vs. blitz: 86 (13th)
  • Under 10 air yards: 80 (10th)...