Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Football trading cards/Panini

ABR

On 12/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I would recommend getting yourself some nice binders with spines with nice eye appeal. That way you can display them.

Zazzle has a lot of nice, custom ones.

https://www.zazzle.com/s/binders+baseball+card

I got a custom binder from Zazzle so I could readily look at my old cards.

Not collector grade, just memorabilia.

On 1/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, ABR said:

I now have more questions 😬 

Anyone have advice or a specific method to opening packs? Probably best right after enjoying some buffalo wings?

Or how about a storage method? Like a specific binder/case that will help protect them in damp areas such as a basement?

I've been out of the game for too long. But I'm pretty excited to be back!

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I got a custom binder from Zazzle so I could readily look at my old cards.

Not collector grade, just memorabilia.

Thank you! Yeah I don't think I have any collector grade stuff. Yet, I may search for another option in case I do come across anything that could be worthy haha.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 1/29/2022 at 6:28 PM, ABR said:

I now have more questions 😬 

Anyone have advice or a specific method to opening packs? Probably best right after enjoying some buffalo wings?

Or how about a storage method? Like a specific binder/case that will help protect them in damp areas such as a basement?

I've been out of the game for too long. But I'm pretty excited to be back!

So, multiple insights and pieces of advice.

Don’t buy and rip packs. They’re grossly overpriced for value. It’s like buying lottery tickets. I keep them well stocked because people love the thrill of the chase and buy them all day every day. It’s easy money. They may as well be playing Keno, only the big hits aren’t even universally valued.

Example: I had a guy hit a $500 Tua 1/1 auto rookie. He hated the card. I bought it from him for $250 to take it off his hands and make it my problem while I sold it. (I got $490 for it after 3 weeks)

As a Giants fan he’d have been better off just plunking him money down on a highness Giants card he coveted.

The average guy doesn’t have the reputation or reach to sell big hits for a premium. They either sell or consign with guys like me, so I absorb the risk.

Buy the cards you want as singles.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

So, multiple insights and pieces of advice.

Don’t buy and rip packs. They’re grossly overpriced for value. It’s like buying lottery tickets. I keep them well stocked because people love the thrill of the chase and buy them all day every day. It’s easy money. They may as well be playing Keno, only the big hits aren’t even universally valued.

Example: I had a guy hit a $500 Tua 1/1 auto rookie. He hated the card. I bought it from him for $250 to take it off his hands and make it my problem while I sold it. (I got $490 for it after 3 weeks)

As a Giants fan he’d have been better off just plunking him money down on a highness Giants card he coveted.

The average guy doesn’t have the reputation or reach to sell big hits for a premium. They either sell or consign with guys like me, so I absorb the risk.

Buy the cards you want as singles.

I appreciate the advice! And lol on the Tua guy

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
7 hours ago, ABR said:

I appreciate the advice! And lol on the Tua guy

You are very welcome. Please feel free to use me as a resource!

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 3:27 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

You are very welcome. Please feel free to use me as a resource!

I fear this question is like asking Chef Jim what stock he likes, but years ago someone on TBD did a contest I won, which was a tube filled with Topps football cards, uncut. In other words, it's a large sheet with probably 150 cards on each sheet. From around 87-89, etc. with decent names like Marino, Kelly, McMahon, Morton Anderson, Biscuit, etc.

My intent was to frame a few for the mancave, but I have to wonder if they have any value. I'm assuming no he was pretty easy to part with them on a silly contest.

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I fear this question is like asking Chef Jim what stock he likes, but years ago someone on TBD did a contest I won, which was a tube filled with Topps football cards, uncut. In other words, it's a large sheet with probably 150 cards on each sheet. From around 87-89, etc. with decent names like Marino, Kelly, McMahon, Morton Anderson, Biscuit, etc.

My intent was to frame a few for the mancave, but I have to wonder if they have any value. I'm assuming no he was pretty easy to part with them on a silly contest.

Value or not, that sounds like a very cool item.  I’d love something like that on my wall. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
9 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

There may be some value there. Those are called “uncut sheets”. And are how the cards are produced prior to them going through the cutter, and then collated for individual packs.

If you can take me a picture, I’ll tell you what you have.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

There may be some value there. Those are called “uncut sheets”. And are how the cards are produced prior to them going through the cutter, and then collated for individual packs.

Thanks. I'll dig them out and get some photo for you. You owning a shop that deal with trading cards completely explains your Twitter feed a lot better. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
IDBillzFan
On 4/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Here are a few samples. 

20220506_163048.thumb.jpg.5bae81d3b4518231ddeab76ba48401af.jpg

20220506_163011.thumb.jpg.badfc92eb33905f3c4dd321329495ebb.jpg

jzwds14GaIvK3cKqaVYOc5ApXpmvQJD8tY7PsZA-1ZaWpMztHZwlhTQdcfVXOD5w3vJHVVNyxpNvYfI0KRbaUzJCfh5a62Va44WR3iTC9Q-o1RVICN2zFMo1LBZCqXeAIhguiqNw8UXO1GDzUvTUUqX66_J48zR8UcNvmVGtKSbPhO6LlNbS2gqIMHuWGT7M54KD-YZxhcCWhLUCC0ACWuHchG4Qs3E8ke5IcYuDMlzrp0oCMs05UC2CQ5rpUsy0L27BhF6m-IwJpqT8OJXU9qfnAlotsKS02GtdMu8oyjNZ4uarnkaecVeUep0y2rbZjT0uFhrVpG5Qm-hrqQqyeMi6ybsH-PEM9_ka_YNkBJ8vtLx7AMmXgrP5UrgQDGIJSco9FkYfJtoXt8BvvUX_Fdr7m3nKxb-GodKKw5cb1JvcDYRghDFLO8CbI3-BKnLlSJqVLkoD_iet0rMjqaJ27bIb-TJkhfus47HZohKtGPetKNNVIA3E6T-H1oR63plB7_FPhSBDLV011lxHm8YkT9g6tdVLElDHBRxPDe7gNxG4VXiunMgymQ4ya66aSn57rQMM3MBuFNSbrRHn96ANv2sjIW2ahgOJTeE6WgbbYy6pYe2PjegV_SAyFyVvj2YyioIKn8_72593Ic9QxV9Y5AGMR4axQ_btYCUhtERwuXPXc3qTQNcnkKTnETeASTq3OtYQE-SjMiwYOFpUagUVusUF_AXygPd-2gPdQL0zarMeFD07d0fES0klOO1m=w656-h874-no?authuser=0

Edited by IDBillzFan

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
40 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Here are a few samples. 

20220506_163048.thumb.jpg.5bae81d3b4518231ddeab76ba48401af.jpg

20220506_163011.thumb.jpg.badfc92eb33905f3c4dd321329495ebb.jpg

jzwds14GaIvK3cKqaVYOc5ApXpmvQJD8tY7PsZA-1ZaWpMztHZwlhTQdcfVXOD5w3vJHVVNyxpNvYfI0KRbaUzJCfh5a62Va44WR3iTC9Q-o1RVICN2zFMo1LBZCqXeAIhguiqNw8UXO1GDzUvTUUqX66_J48zR8UcNvmVGtKSbPhO6LlNbS2gqIMHuWGT7M54KD-YZxhcCWhLUCC0ACWuHchG4Qs3E8ke5IcYuDMlzrp0oCMs05UC2CQ5rpUsy0L27BhF6m-IwJpqT8OJXU9qfnAlotsKS02GtdMu8oyjNZ4uarnkaecVeUep0y2rbZjT0uFhrVpG5Qm-hrqQqyeMi6ybsH-PEM9_ka_YNkBJ8vtLx7AMmXgrP5UrgQDGIJSco9FkYfJtoXt8BvvUX_Fdr7m3nKxb-GodKKw5cb1JvcDYRghDFLO8CbI3-BKnLlSJqVLkoD_iet0rMjqaJ27bIb-TJkhfus47HZohKtGPetKNNVIA3E6T-H1oR63plB7_FPhSBDLV011lxHm8YkT9g6tdVLElDHBRxPDe7gNxG4VXiunMgymQ4ya66aSn57rQMM3MBuFNSbrRHn96ANv2sjIW2ahgOJTeE6WgbbYy6pYe2PjegV_SAyFyVvj2YyioIKn8_72593Ic9QxV9Y5AGMR4axQ_btYCUhtERwuXPXc3qTQNcnkKTnETeASTq3OtYQE-SjMiwYOFpUagUVusUF_AXygPd-2gPdQL0zarMeFD07d0fES0klOO1m=w656-h874-no?authuser=0

Oh! That’s a fun set!

The most notable cards are rookie cards of Bo Jackson, Brian Bosworth, Chris Doleman, Kevin Greene, Vinny Testaverde; and for us Bills fans, Cornelius Bennett and Shane Conlan.

The sheet you’ve shown me has the Bo and Testaverde rookies.

IDBillzFan
20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Oh! That’s a fun set!

The most notable cards are rookie cards of Bo Jackson, Brian Bosworth, Chris Doleman, Kevin Greene, Vinny Testaverde; and for us Bills fans, Cornelius Bennett and Shane Conlan.

The sheet you’ve shown me has the Bo and Testaverde rookies.

Yeah, I've got three sheets and I didn't want to bombard the site with all the photos.  A lot of really great names. I'll see if any of the names you mentioned are on there.

But it all strikes me as something to just frame and hang in my Bills room than something that will fetch any money.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yeah, I've got three sheets and I didn't want to bombard the site with all the photos.  A lot of really great names. I'll see if any of the names you mentioned are on there.

But it all strikes me as something to just frame and hang in my Bills room than something that will fetch any money.

That’s exactly what I would do with it.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That’s exactly what I would do with it.

So a contractor working on my guest bath saw my Bills man cave and showed up this morning with a bunch of Bills cards he and his son had and wanted to give me. There are some cards here that are weird to me because I've never seen a card with what looks like jersey material.

One of them is a Robert Woods Rookie Card from Panini (087/299) that's like a little book you open with his autograph and jersey material in it. The guy said it probably would have more value if his son took better care of it, but it looks pretty nice to me.

Also a C.J. Spiller card with material in it from Bowman, and another one that's a Gold Stars Panini Marshawn Lynch with material.

Even has an OJ Simpson  (NBC Announcer), a Jake Fromm rookie sweaters card, and even a Charles Clay, a Kiko Alonzo, and Marquez Stevenson. :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1