Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Football trading cards/Panini

ABR

30 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The Leaf stuff is a love it or hate it prop with collectors.

I’m a huge fan myself.

I’m not looking to make any money on those.  Maybe in 25 years?  I don’t really care.  They’re for collecting/viewing.  Leaf does some awesome stuff with multiple players on cards, like that assist leaders card.  I looooove that card. They also have some combinations of people that don’t make sense.  The cards I just posted are cards I really like. They have some products that don’t appeal to me.  One I do like is Leaf Lumber.  It’s a bit lower end but has slices of game used bats, even of real old timers like Ruth.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yup.  Kelloggs, not Topps.  

Gotcha! My bad on the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
18 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I took a peek in my ol Stuart Holmes shoe box since I got somewhat organized when you referred me to Zazzle a few years ago. I have a handful of cards, the 1st 2 say Post  on them with 1961 stats. The rest have ****No xx**** on the top (no Post) and 1962 stats  on the bottom.
Ragged but I have a Roger Maris Post card with his 61 stats...61 home runs.

That card is my favorite card of the 1960’s.

• Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

My biggest day ever in the hobby.

Love that.  I don’t have anything close to that difficult/unusual.  I have a few nice individual cricket cards, but only a 1996 set that isn’t too hard to find.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Love 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Love that.  I don’t have anything close to that difficult/unusual.  I have a few nice individual cricket cards, but only a 1996 set that isn’t too hard to find.

I started that quest pretty much on accident.

I was researching cards of pre-integration Negro Leaguers from their playing days, and discovered that set.

I scooped up a few of their cards, and then went to Miami to grab a few more. At which point I discovered the album.

At that point I felt it was meant to be, and launched into it. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That card is my favorite card of the 1960’s.

So I took a quick pic with my phone. I was probably 6 years old when I cut this out.

(possibly got some lincoln logs that year as well 😁)

1962 Post cereal Roger Maris.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
11 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

So I took a quick pic with my phone. I was probably 6 years old when I cut this out.

(possibly got some lincoln logs that year as well 😁)

1962 Post cereal Roger Maris.jpg

I absolutely love this.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 5:46 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I started that quest pretty much on accident.

I was researching cards of pre-integration Negro Leaguers from their playing days, and discovered that set.

I scooped up a few of their cards, and then went to Miami to grab a few more. At which point I discovered the album.

At that point I felt it was meant to be, and launched into it. 

Speaking of lousy patch/awesome patch:

Also took your advice and ordered a few OneTouch holders.

802DB037-D423-4C95-A095-A42A6369D92A.jpeg

• Love 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Speaking of lousy patch/awesome patch:

Also took your advice and ordered a few OneTouch holders.

802DB037-D423-4C95-A095-A42A6369D92A.jpeg

Yeah, the one color “napkin patches” always strike me as lazy.

That Flawless patch on the other hand…

🔥🔥🔥

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Yeah, the one color “napkin patches” always strike me as lazy.

That Flawless patch on the other hand…

🔥🔥🔥

The card is a 1/1 so I’d hope it would be a good patch.  The napkin in on a /5 which is disappointing.

None of the cards I’ve pictured are the ones, but I have a few I’m considering having graded? I have to admit being skeptical that a “regular” collector isn’t at a disadvantage to people more “connected” with PSA.  I have a few cards that should grade high but if they don’t wouldn’t even be worth the fee.  I think PSA is the only realistic way to go and don’t think I’d go with SGC or CSG.  I’m a bit intrigued by TAG.  Thoughts?

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The card is a 1/1 so I’d hope it would be a good patch.  The napkin in on a /5 which is disappointing.

None of the cards I’ve pictured are the ones, but I have a few I’m considering having graded? I have to admit being skeptical that a “regular” collector isn’t at a disadvantage to people more “connected” with PSA.  I have a few cards that should grade high but if they don’t wouldn’t even be worth the fee.  I think PSA is the only realistic way to go and don’t think I’d go with SGC or CSG.  I’m a bit intrigued by TAG.  Thoughts?

The only two companies I submit to are SGC and PSA.

I primarily use SGC (95+ % of the time).

They’re *by far* the most consistent grading service, have far and away the best customer service, and their product looks amazing.

I’ll use PSA at customer insistence, or for items SGC won’t grade (like in person autographs & some oddball vintage stuff). But my experience with them has been very off-putting. Cards I’ve submitted that look fantastic have come back as low as 6’s. I’ve cracked them open and resubmitted and gotten 9’s and 10’s.

I wouldn’t touch CSG or TAG (or even Beckett). That’s just my preference though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The only two companies I submit to are SGC and PSA.

I primarily use SGC (95+ % of the time).

They’re *by far* the most consistent grading service, have far and away the best customer service, and their product looks amazing.

I’ll use PSA at customer insistence, or for items SGC won’t grade (like in person autographs & some oddball vintage stuff). But my experience with them has been very off-putting. Cards I’ve submitted that look fantastic have come back as low as 6’s. I’ve cracked them open and resubmitted and gotten 9’s and 10’s.

I wouldn’t touch CSG or TAG (or even Beckett). That’s just my preference though.

I’ve heard similar things to what you’re saying about both PSA and SGC but unfortunately the market seems to have voted.  

For whatever reason I don’t love the SGC look, just a personal preference and I know a lot of people love it.  I’ve purchased a few cards which were already graded by all of the above except TAG.  I like CSG’s look but they’re not getting traction.  I don’t like Beckett’s look at all.  I actually really like what TAG is doing and the way their database is organized, etc. but they’ll only grade a small subset of stuff…..supposedly until they expand but I wonder…..which I think will inhibit them.  I might throw a few ultra modern cards their way just for fun.

• Like 2