Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Football trading cards/Panini

ABR

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

So a contractor working on my guest bath saw my Bills man cave and showed up this morning with a bunch of Bills cards he and his son had and wanted to give me. There are some cards here that are weird to me because I've never seen a card with what looks like jersey material.

One of them is a Robert Woods Rookie Card from Panini (087/299) that's like a little book you open with his autograph and jersey material in it. The guy said it probably would have more value if his son took better care of it, but it looks pretty nice to me.

Also a C.J. Spiller card with material in it from Bowman, and another one that's a Gold Stars Panini Marshawn Lynch with material.

Even has an OJ Simpson  (NBC Announcer), a Jake Fromm rookie sweaters card, and even a Charles Clay, a Kiko Alonzo, and Marquez Stevenson. :classic_laugh:

The Robert Woods one looks like a really nice card

Picture 2 of 5

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

So a contractor working on my guest bath saw my Bills man cave and showed up this morning with a bunch of Bills cards he and his son had and wanted to give me. There are some cards here that are weird to me because I've never seen a card with what looks like jersey material.

One of them is a Robert Woods Rookie Card from Panini (087/299) that's like a little book you open with his autograph and jersey material in it. The guy said it probably would have more value if his son took better care of it, but it looks pretty nice to me.

Also a C.J. Spiller card with material in it from Bowman, and another one that's a Gold Stars Panini Marshawn Lynch with material.

Even has an OJ Simpson  (NBC Announcer), a Jake Fromm rookie sweaters card, and even a Charles Clay, a Kiko Alonzo, and Marquez Stevenson. :classic_laugh:

The Patch cards are very cool. (That’s what the cards with swatches of jersey are called)

The Woods card would be described as an RPA booklet. (Rookie, Patch, Autograph presented in a booklet format).

If you DM me some pictures, I can get you set up with the appropriate hard plastic “frames” to protect them, and make them ideally presentable for display in your man cave.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
19 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

D40C64AC-CF3F-4CAA-A255-F973F1C49018.jpeg

19 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

A82F8DC8-040D-4605-9899-CCC67F3C61D2.thumb.jpeg.533f5bdf35a75bdf286299768082f575.jpeg

Those are both great patch cards!

Have you considered putting them into One-Touch holders to make them cleaner looking for display?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Those are both great patch cards!

Have you considered putting them into One-Touch holders to make them cleaner looking for display?

I probably should.  The patch on the Davis card is nice.  I have another one of Allen I’ll post at some point.  2018 Flawless Collegiate 1/1 Bowl patch with a great patch from the Chrysanthemum Bowl.  I have a bunch of patch cards that are boring and monochrome but some other good ones too.

My favorite cards to collect are probably the old Kelloggs “3D” cards from 70/80s, just because I remember loving getting them out of the cereal box.  I have a nice 1970 Bob Gibson PSA 10 that I love and a Bubba Smith too.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

My favorite cards to collect are probably the old Kelloggs “3D” cards from 70/80s, just because I remember loving getting them out of the serial box.

I have to go back and look at my shoe box collection. I have a some old cereal box cards but I pretty much sucked at cutting them out with scissors. Between that and bicycle spokes I played havoc on my cards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I have to go back and look at my shoe box collection. I have a some old cereal box cards but I pretty much sucked at cutting them out with scissors. Between that and bicycle spokes I played havoc on my cards.

These were in a small package inside the box…..1 card.  They weren’t the ones from the box itself.

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I probably should.  The patch on the Davis card is nice.  I have another one of Allen I’ll post at some point.  2018 Flawless Collegiate 1/1 Bowl patch with a great patch from the Chrysanthemum Bowl.  I have a bunch of patch cards that are boring and monochrome but some other good ones too.

My favorite cards to collect are probably the old Kelloggs “3D” cards from 70/80s, just because I remember loving getting them out of the serial box.  I have a nice 1970 Bob Gibson PSA 10 that I love and a Bubba Smith too.

That’s fantastic! I love what I’ve seen of your collection, man.

Beautiful stuff.

I’m also a huge fan of the 70’s and 80’s Kellogg’s stuff. Most I co

e across is badly cracked, so pristine(ish) examples are always amazing.

And I’m awed by the PSA 10 1970 Gibson. That card is probably an $8000 or piece today.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I also love the Leaf cards that aren’t fully licensed.  I’ll post one or two later at some point with some cool hockey patches.

The Leaf stuff is a love it or hate it prop with collectors.

I’m a huge fan myself.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
23 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

It’s always worth a look, sir!

Just now, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That’s fantastic! I love what I’ve seen of your collection, man.

Beautiful stuff.

I’m also a huge fan of the 70’s and 80’s Kellogg’s stuff. Most I co

e across is badly cracked, so pristine(ish) examples are always amazing.

And I’m awed by the PSA 10 1970 Gibson. That card is probably an $8000 or piece today.

The Gibson can be found regularly on EBay for $200ish.  Those cards are bargains IMO.  The population is around 100.  I got it for $75 two years ago.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Gibson can be found regularly on EBay for $200ish.  Those cards are bargains IMO.  The population is around 100.  I got it for $75 two years ago.

A PSA 10 1970 Bob Gibson?

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s always worth a look, sir!

I took a peek in my ol Stuart Holmes shoe box since I got somewhat organized when you referred me to Zazzle a few years ago. I have a handful of cards, the 1st 2 say Post  on them with 1961 stats. The rest have ****No xx**** on the top (no Post) and 1962 stats  on the bottom.
Ragged but I have a Roger Maris Post card with his 61 stats...61 home runs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1