• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

Deranged Rhino

So the other day I had a catch-up call with a Rochester sports guy who I used to intern for. On the call we get to talking Bills, he mentions that he thinks the Bills are much higher on Breece Hall than people might assume. I didn't think much of it. Then today, both the Athletic and NFL Network mocks have the Bills going Hall at 25. 

Reminds me of what we heard last year at this time about Etienne. 

I understand the logic of taking Hall at 25. He's a stud, Singletary is on his last year and won't come back cheap (or as cheap as a rookie), their move for McKissic shows they're unsettled at the spot, yada yada yada. But I don't buy it. I think it's all smoke, and I think someone (or multiple someones) inside OBD let that "rumor" out early this week to a few sports journalists. 

Not that they're lying to these journalists. The Bills probably have Hall ranked as the best RB on their board, like they did with Etienne last year - but I also think the team knows they're not going RB in round 1 or 2, so it's a safe thing to leak. 

Still, when I see these highlights (he runs very well out of the gun), I can't help but swoon a bit. Dude is a monster: 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So the other day I had a catch-up call with a Rochester sports guy who I used to intern for. On the call we get to talking Bills, he mentions that he thinks the Bills are much higher on Breece Hall than people might assume. I didn't think much of it. Then today, both the Athletic and NFL Network mocks have the Bills going Hall at 25. 

Reminds me of what we heard last year at this time about Etienne. 

I understand the logic of taking Hall at 25. He's a stud, Singletary is on his last year and won't come back cheap (or as cheap as a rookie), their move for McKissic shows they're unsettled at the spot, yada yada yada. But I don't buy it. I think it's all smoke, and I think someone (or multiple someones) inside OBD let that "rumor" out early this week to a few sports journalists. 

Not that they're lying to these journalists. The Bills probably have Hall ranked as the best RB on their board, like they did with Etienne last year - but I also think the team knows they're not going RB in round 1 or 2, so it's a safe thing to leak. 

Still, when I see these highlights (he runs very well out of the gun), I can't help but swoon a bit. Dude is a monster: 

Agree that the McBeane roster building model does not include a 1st round RB.

The Bills still cover good RB play, but pretty common to find good production into the 3rd and 4tht rounds, especially in light of the low amount of cap dollars they will commit to the position.

A top CB to fit the Bills system is far more likely, as Tre will not be available for a while.

Saffold is likely a 1 yr rental, so interior OL is still a need in the early rounds, probably not 1st 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Cheers 1

• Bills re-signed RB Taiwan Jones to a one-year contract.

Jones hasn't had a carry since 2019 and only returned one kick last year, but he played on 71% of the special teams snaps for Buffalo. He's no threat to Devin Singletary, Duke Johnson, or Zack Moss. 

Mar 24, 2022, 1:50 PM ET
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

Jones hasn't had a carry since 2019 and only returned one kick last year, but he played on 71% of the special teams snaps for Buffalo. He's no threat to Devin Singletary, Duke Johnson, or Zack Moss. 

after spending so many resources on special teams only players, just let em earn their keep  

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

Good stuff. 

He's a key guy for teams. Glad to see him back.

Now, bring me Bates! 

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Who the hell is "Greg Cover 1," that he thinks there's any chance, given how he was released, of Quinton Spain ever returning to the Bills.

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1

44 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Who the hell is "Greg Cover 1," that he thinks there's any chance, given how he was released, of Quinton Spain ever returning to the Bills.

Seriously. The pain with Spain was mainly in the groin. (I think she’s got it.)

Edited by Nanker

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Seriously. The pain with Spain was mainly in the groin. (I think she’s got it.)

That was awful.  At least find something that rhymes.

• Cheers 1

Blessed Believer
On 3/21/2022 at 11:05 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Duke Johnson another smurf RB. More of the same.  

I love the Duke much more than JD McKissic. 

• Like 1

Blessed Believer

We should all acknowledge Joe Schoen’s kindness by staying out of the Ryan Bates sweepstakes. No doubt the Giants can use him but I have a feeling Schoen didn’t want to cause any hard feelings with his former bosses. If he did that, very classy.

Of course, he probably also figured Bills would match and the Giants don’t have much cap space so why bother. But I’m trying to be positive here toward our former “little boss.” 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Also I think Daryl Williams already signed sonewhere.

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That was awful.  At least find something that rhymes.

Well, I didn’t want to say taint. This is a family friendly site, after all. 

16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

That's going to upset a certain Englishman ATOP

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No evaluator of NFL talent am I, but what I do know is the first sign of an NFL diamond in the rough is when a team signs a barely-heard-of player from another team, and a number of fans from that team are pissed off about it.

If they (Settle and Jones) can command a double team regularly in the 1T position, that does one of two things. Other teams are then relegated to one on ones against Miller, Oliver and Rousseau or they have to commit more assets to blocking those other three.

I like our odds if they are disruptive.

• Wow 1