• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

Just now, Core Four said:

The Bills have re-signed Ike Boettger on a 1-year contract.  My guess is for depth on the IOL.

seeing how many ducks they can get in a row before deciding on Bates

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Beane has explained how he approaches FA a few times - he doesn't mind letting "replaceable" (my word, not his) players test the market because as we've seen, many times they end up coming back for less money. 

DL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Core Four said:

The Bills have re-signed Ike Boettger on a 1-year contract.  My guess is for depth on the IOL.

Is it just me, or does he look a lot like Josh Allen with a Krispy Kreme addiction?

• Haha 3

Deranged Rhino

Rick Bates is back! 

No holes in the starting line up now (doesn't mean they can't improve some starting positions), with priority needs (imo) at CB and to a slightly lesser extent WR. The draft is perfectly stocked to address those positions with quality rookies. 

Is it September yet?

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 2

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Man, I don't know how Beane is doing it...but all that's really left is CB2.

It's so nice to have an excellent front office. Not just competent, excellent. 

What a difference it makes to my blood pressure. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Rick Bates is back! 

No holes in the starting line up now (doesn't mean they can't improve some starting positions), with priority needs (imo) at CB and to a slightly lesser extent WR. The draft is perfectly stocked to address those positions with quality rookies. 

Is it September yet?

... :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Beane has explained how he approaches FA a few times - he doesn't mind letting "replaceable" (my word, not his) players test the market because as we've seen, many times they end up coming back for less money. 

Many players do want to know if someone is willing to overpay them, especially if it's their one kick at the can.

Looks like you're spot on.  Haven't seen the official announcement, but it appears Rick Bates could be coming back as Beane will match the Bears offer.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Diggs from the Cowboys

Charles Woodson discovering the Fountain of Youth, losing 20 years of age, and signing with the Bills is more likely.  

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
34 minutes ago, Foxx said:

There are/will be cuts at numerous points before the season.  I don't think it changes the team's draft situation, which is all but guaranteed a CB or two in the first 3 rounds.  Doesn't mean we won't be able to talk a good veteran cut into coming in and competing.

• Like 2