Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 Bills offseason

4merper4mer

4 hours ago, Joe said:

That's Catan, if I'm not mistaken. It's NOT a game you want to play with anyone you actually like

One of my kids almost lost allowance for a month after she kept blocking my wheat source in our last game.  😠

• Haha 3

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Core Four

• Foxx

• IDBillzFan

21 hours ago, Spartacus said:

so if his relationship was so good with the Bills, why did he have to actually sign the offer sheet and hamstring the Bills options to structure the contract 

why not just take the parameters of the deal back to the Bills, without signing the actual offer?

He's a kid about to come into money he's never even dreamed of.  He can't afford to play chicken with teams like he's Brady.

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

DIGGS!

4 years added, $70M guaranteed.

Even without the draft, this is the best offseason in team history.

Wow.  Good news;  he's been so huge for this team.  Plus, Beane really had to do it after all the other WR deals.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 8:30 PM, Fansince88 said:

what a difference. 

Doug: We cant afford to inprove so we will get rid of players and start over.

Beane; We dont have much cap space so Im going to sign.

DE Shaq Lawson

DT Jordan Phillips

DT Tim Settle

G Rodger Saffold

re-signed  WR Jake Kumerow

LB Marquel Lee

DE Von Miller

TE O.J. Howard

RB Duke Johnson

Greg Mancz

QB Matt Barkley

WR Jamison Crowder.

re-signed RB Taiwan Jones

re-signed OL Ike Boettger

Re-signed CB Siran Neal to a three-year contract.

Re-signed LB Tyrel Dodson to a one-year contract.

BUT! No Williams!!!

Edit:

Extending Diggs out 6 total years and reducing the cap in the process.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Edit:

Extending Diggs out 6 total years and reducing the cap in the process.

If Diggs were contractually required to change his name to Williams, it would have been perfect.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If Diggs were contractually required to change his name to Williams, it would have been perfect.

Are there any Williams in the draft worth looking at? Perhaps a Will Williams? 

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Are there any Williams in the draft worth looking at? Perhaps a Will Williams? 

Jameson Williams, WR, 'Bama

Kyren Williams, RB, Notre Dame

Sam Williams, LB, Ole Miss

Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville

I think Williams is overrated, and Williams and Williams aren't anything special and day 3 picks.  But I like Williams.

• FANtastic 1

Arm of Harm
15 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This offseason is more exciting than some of the regular seasons of the past 22 years.

Not a particularly high bar. 

Alaska Darin
20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I have been doing multiple mocks daily with the PFF Mock Draft Simulator and he consistently is available at the 25th pick. I usually take him unless Nakobe Dean is still available at that point. If I take Dean, I then try to trade up high enough to get Moore but usually can't without trading capital that doesn't make sense.

I'm very curious to see how the draft falls because there are so many WRs out there who are going to be very good NFL players.  I don't see Moore as a first round guy but he really should be there in the second.

My current dream draft is still getting Gardner (via trading Edmunds/next year's first) and then getting someone like Olave/Williams/Pickens/Watson at 25.

Catalano said something yesterday about the BILLS possibly being interested in Kyle Hamilton if he slides down into the teens.  Not sure i believe that but it's possible given Poyer's contract status.  I generally don't support picking a safety high but Hamilton is probably the closest thing to Troy Polamalu I've seen at the collegiate level.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm very curious to see how the draft falls because there are so many WRs out there who are going to be very good NFL players.  I don't see Moore as a first round guy but he really should be there in the second.

My current dream draft is still getting Gardner (via trading Edmunds/next year's first) and then getting someone like Olave/Williams/Pickens/Watson at 25.

Catalano said something yesterday about the BILLS possibly being interested in Kyle Hamilton if he slides into down into the teens.  Not sure i believe that but it's possible given Poyer's contract status.  I generally don't support picking a safety high but Hamilton is probably the closest thing to Troy Polamalu I've seen at the collegiate level.

I deleted my post when I saw that I didn't actually place it in the draft thread and saw that the Tweet was placed in the draft thread.

I would love to get Sauce as well but not certain he would be available with even the 7th overall pick. It is questionable that Stingley Jr. be available by that point as well. Trading any higher would likely cost way too much capital.

Also, I don't know that I would trade Edmunds to move up and take a CB. Seems to me that that would leave a pretty big hole in the middle of the D. I know, I know... some might say that the hole left would be smaller just by his subtraction alone... I don't know though. And if we were somehow to trade up for the 7th overall and retain the 25th pick this year, I would love to get Dean to replace Edmunds with. But... Trading Edmunds without the assurance of getting Dean at 25, would make that hard to do in my opinion.

Additionally, I just don't see a whole lot of opportunity for seven draft picks to make the roster this year. I would be content trading around to get better positions and limit our draft to 4 maybe 5 players this year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I deleted my post when I saw that I didn't actually place it in the draft thread and saw that the Tweet was placed in the draft thread.

I would love to get Sauce as well but not certain he would be available with even the 7th overall pick. It is questionable that Stingley Jr. be available by that point as well. Trading any higher would likely cost way too much capital.

Also, I don't know that I would trade Edmunds to move up and take a CB. Seems to me that that would leave a pretty big hole in the middle of the D. I know, I know... some might say that the hole left would be smaller just by his subtraction alone... I don't know though. And if we were somehow to trade up for the 7th overall and retain the 25th pick this year, I would love to get Dean to replace Edmunds with. But... Trading Edmunds without the assurance of getting Dean at 25, would make that hard to do in my opinion.

Additionally, I just don't see a whole lot of opportunity for seven draft picks to make the roster this year. I would be content trading around to get better positions and limit our draft to 4 maybe 5 players this year.

There will be plenty of LBer options available before we get to training camp, though I do think we'll pick one this year at some point. Beane told us a lot when he decided to pay Milano because it's almost impossible to pay two LBers on the same team.  

I guess the big question is: do you go with Edmunds for one more season knowing you're not going to have him after or do you move him for additional future value?  To me it 100% is based on what the return is (getting a coveted starter at a need position and freeing up $12M+ versus another season of watching him run himself out of most plays). 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

There will be plenty of LBer options available before we get to training camp, though I do think at some point we'll pick one this year at some point. Beane told us a lot when he decided to pay Milano because it's almost impossible to pay two LBers on the same team.  

I guess the big question is: do you go with Edmunds for one more season knowing you're not going to have him after or do you move him for additional future value?  To me it 100% is based on what the return is (getting a coveted starter at a need position and freeing up $12M+ versus another season of watching him run himself out of most plays). 

Oh I agree with the argument that it is better to move on from Tremaine at this point than it would be to let him playout his 5th year option and not get anything, other than possibly a comp pick, in return.

It would be nice to have another blue chipper to take his place, one that is on a rookie deal that would hopefully tie that position down for the next 5 years and be what we hoped Edmunds would be. Dean might be that guy.

I too would like to have a blue chip CB in this years draft but I think we have seen that in our scheme, they can get away with Tre' and a JAG at the other CB position without sacrificing too much. And it is with that thought that I am leaning towards trying to find Edmunds replacement.

Of course, on the other hand, there is the argument that, with the influx of talent by other AFC teams at the receiver position, having a second blue chip CB is a must.

I am really torn on which way I think we should go.

Watching this clip from GMFB didn't help any.

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Oh I agree with the argument that it is better to move on from Tremaine at this point than it would be to let him playout his 5th year option and not get anything, other than possibly a comp pick, in return.

It would be nice to have another blue chipper to take his place, one that is on a rookie deal that would hopefully tie that position down for the next 5 years and be what we hoped Edmunds would be. Dean might be that guy.

I too would like to have a blue chip CB in this years draft but I think we have seen that in our scheme, they can get away with Tre' and a JAG at the other CB position without sacrificing too much. And it is with that thought that I am leaning towards trying to find Edmunds replacement.

Of course, on the other hand, there is the argument that, with the influx of talent by other AFC teams at the receiver position, having a second blue chip CB is a must.

I am really torn on which way I think we should go.

Watching this clip from GMFB didn't help any.

I would argue that Edmunds' play last season was perhaps the biggest reason that we didn't win it all. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I would argue that Edmunds' play last season was perhaps the biggest reason that we didn't win it all. 

I'd probably argue the idiotic 4-2 scheme, that let KC march effortlessly down the field twice to win the game, was the biggest reason.

Onalim would only be the second-biggest.  But I think he would have been less painfully inept in a 4-3 where he wasn't responsible for almost the entire middle of the field.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd probably argue the idiotic 4-2 scheme, that let KC march effortlessly down the field twice to win the game, was the biggest reason.

Onalim would only be the second-biggest.  But I think he would have been less painfully inept in a 4-3 where he wasn't responsible for almost the entire middle of the field.

I think your overall point on the 42 is valid under any lense - I've been saying the same thing for too long.  That said, looking at the season in its entirety - Edmunds had terrible games when the BILLS needed him most (@TN, Pittsburgh, First NE game, Indy, @TB.  He's the opposite of instinctive and Offensive Coordinators exploit that over and over again.  There were a couple of isos in the KC game where you could see Edmunds was completely confused about what he was supposed to be doing...in the NINETEENTH game of the season.

Imagine having the first overall seed and playing only Cincy and then either KC or TN in Orchard Park. 

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Imagine having the first overall seed and playing only Cincy and then either KC or TN in Orchard Park. 

I watched last year's Titans game last night/this morning. How in the hell we managed to lose to that team is maddening.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think your overall point on the 42 is valid under any lense -.

image.gif.a5a0bdb6c2298912bf9ea8af57676cce.gif

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 3