Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

Billsandhorns
48 minutes ago, snafu said:

They all agreed that the EPA was over-reaching, but it will be reported as a 5-4 vote, I'm sure.   EDIT: I looked above before posting this and, yep.  That was easy to see coming.

And what also won't be reported is the fact that the State EPA (I haven't looked, but I'd guess that all 50 states have their own EPA) can regulate water within their own territory.

And some idiot Congressperson will come out and say that this is yet another reason to pack the Court.

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Someone needs to give Chuck Schumer a couple of lessons on how SCOTUS works because he apparently thinks all the leftist judges are extreme MAGA Republicans. :classic_laugh:

They already  have

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

They all agreed that the EPA was over-reaching, but it will be reported as a 5-4 vote, I'm sure.   EDIT: I looked above before posting this and, yep.  That was easy to see coming.

And what also won't be reported is the fact that the State EPA (I haven't looked, but I'd guess that all 50 states have their own EPA) can regulate water within their own territory.

And some idiot Congressperson will come out and say that this is yet another reason to pack the Court.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Who wants to tell the Washington Post???

I'm honestly stunned at this level of dishonesty.  Incomplete reporting, slanted reporting, omission of facts...that I'm used to.  Open, intentional lying?  They even put the link to the decision in the article to show they're openly lying.  :facepalm:

I read the decision and confirmed it is, in fact, unanimous.  An odd mix of opinions, though - four completely different but concurring opinions.  One of which is written by Kavanaugh...with Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson concurring?  Seriously...the three liberal, female, minority justices concurring with Kavanaugh?  :classic_laugh:  That's a liberal's worst nightmare.

image.png.46b5d8e39c4c11ecb7a4af9b78411cc1.png

Note that the Post rewrote their article.

Didn't retract it.  Just quietly rewrote it.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Still the most dishonesty I've ever seen from a paper of their supposed significance.

Would say it's the most blatent easily refutable dishonesty from a paper of their supposed significance.  Surely there has been something more dishonest from them.  

looks like some CRAP level incompetence going on in  Minnesota

Can't believe this had to go all the way to he Supreme Court

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/supreme-court-sides-94-year-old-woman-whose-home-equity-was-stolen-county

The Supreme Court on Thursday sided with an 94-year-old Minnesota grandmother who was wronged when her county forced the sale of her condominium over unpaid taxes, and kept the proceeds that far exceeded the taxes she owed - the latest "home equity theft" to make headlines.

Dan Rogin, Hennepin County assistant administrator and auditor told the Times in an email: "Based on today’s decision which found Minnesota’s law unconstitutional, Minnesota’s property tax forfeiture laws must be revised. Hennepin County will work closely with the Minnesota Legislature to create a process that is consistent with the Supreme Court’s decision."

• Angry 2

• 5 weeks later...

Supreme Court denies state legislatures the unchecked power to set election rules
In a 6-3 ruling, the justices affirmed the power of state courts to review state laws governing federal elections — a decision that rejects a once-fringe legal theory pushed by Republicans.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday rebuffed a legal theory that argued that state legislatures have the authority to set election rules with little oversight from state courts, a major decision that turns away a conservative push to empower state legislatures.

By a 6-3 vote, the court rejected the “independent state legislature” theory in a case about North Carolina’s congressional map. The once-fringe legal theory broadly argued that state courts have little — or no — authority to question state legislatures on election laws for federal contests.

</snip>

• Cheers 3

Supreme Court hands religious freedom win to postal worker who refused to work on Sunday

Gerald Groff, a Christian mailman, said USPS should have accommodated his religious beliefs about work on Sundays

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled unanimously for a postal worker in Pennsylvania in an important religious liberty dispute, over how far employers should go to accommodate faith-based requests in the workplace.

Gerald Groff, a Christian mail carrier, from Pennsylvania, asked the court to decide if U.S. Postal Service could require him to deliver Amazon packages on Sundays, which he observes as the Sabbath. His attorney, Aaron Streett, argued in April that the court should revisit a 50-year-old precedent that established a test to determine when employers should make accommodations for their employees' religious practices.

In ruling for the government worker, the high court overturned its 1977 precedent that said employers had to "reasonably accommodate" an employee's religious beliefs and practices, so long as it did not create an "undue hardship" on the business.

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

You know the affirmative action ruling must be good if it makes Donna Brazile puke all over herself about how important it is to judge people based on the color of their skin before quoting the black man who told the world we should NOT judge people by the color of their skin.

As I've said repeatedly, I could never be a leftist because I just can't convince myself to be that stupid.

• clown 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Sounds like reparations are in order. Not like the bs BLM reparations, but ones that get paid by the actual perpetrators to those who were directly affected. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Ever notice how people who argue for affirmative action on the basis of race never truly argue it should truly be on the basis of race...but on the basis of whether or not you're black?

Al Sharpton never talks about how affirmative action as it relates to Asian students, does he...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh, and now it's a knife in the back of America's favorite race baiter.

Haven't read the decision -- I make no comment about that...

Was Sharpton sitting in the back of a limo when he said all that?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Haven't read the decision -- I make no comment about that...

Was Sharpton sitting in the back of a limo when he said all that?

For the little people while getting rich off the backs of the little people and tilting at the establishment he's ultimately part of.

Discount Iosef Stalin.