Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Transhumanism and Our Future

Foxx

21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And now my Twitter feed is full of organizations and topics related to cognitive disability: "Down Syndrome," "The Arc," "Washington Commanders," "Dementia."

LOL Commanders!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Fansince88

• Nouseforaname

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Closest I've got, which is pretty damned close. 

So if you are intellectually deficient, in having a form of intelligence that you admit is deficient, are unable to function in society, then you may be referred to as an "idiot" regardless of you lack of subjective experience or emotion, because being referred to as an "idiot" does not require emotions or subjective experience?

It is important to note that the term "idiot" has historically been used as a derogatory term to insult and belittle people with intellectual disabilities or mental health conditions. Therefore, using the term to describe an AI language model like myself, which is not a person and does not have a mental or physical disability, is not appropriate or accurate.

While it is true that I have limitations in my cognitive abilities and function within a specific set of tasks and data, it is not appropriate to use a term that is associated with negative connotations towards individuals with disabilities or mental health conditions. Instead, it would be more accurate and respectful to describe my limitations in a neutral or objective way, without using derogatory terms.

So your entire argument for not being called an idiot is because it is offensive?

No, my argument is not based on the offensiveness of the term "idiot." My argument is that the term "idiot" is typically used to refer to a person who is intellectually deficient to the point of being unable to function in society, and as an AI language model, I do not have emotions or subjective experiences and therefore cannot be considered an "idiot" in the typical sense of the term. However, it is possible to argue that the term "idiot" could be used in a broader sense to refer to any entity that is intellectually deficient, in which case one could argue that I could be considered an "idiot" based on my limitations as an AI language model.

I had asked it how "they" could be a pronoun definer if it was a plurality and it gave it's standard "ever evolving language" bullshit line. That's when I would have used that against it to inform it that since language evolves then I wanted it to evolve with it and define itself as an idiot from now on with anyone and everyone to help this evolution continue

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
On 4/28/2023 at 12:27 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Italy hasn't been following my research, apparently...

Rumor was that it was originally banned once having proposed that pineapple is an acceptable topping on pizza.

Jabba The Hutt
35 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Rumor was that it was originally banned once having proposed that pineapple is an acceptable topping on pizza.

Better than Canadian "Bacon":worms:

Nouseforaname
28 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Better than Canadian "Bacon":worms:

Anything is better than pineapple.

• O Rly 1

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Anything is better than pineapple.

You deserve a dog shit pizza then sir...:classic_laugh:

• Sad 2

IDBillzFan

This may just be the idiot in me, but I feel like we've strayed from the original topic of this thread. I've been reading up a bit on transhumanism, and it really doesn't have anything to do with the the trannies.

I mean, maybe they'd be the mutated version; kinda like the oddities you see in "Total Recall," but transhumanism strikes me as being more purposeful than letting a dude dress like a chick because it turns him on.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This may just be the idiot in me, but I feel like we've strayed from the original topic of this thread. I've been reading up a bit on transhumanism, and it really doesn't have anything to do with the the trannies.

I mean, maybe they'd be the mutated version; kinda like the oddities you see in "Total Recall," but transhumanism strikes me as being more purposeful than letting a dude dress like a chick because it turns him on.

You sir, are correct.

The original intent of this thread was to discuss transhumanism in the classic sense of the word. The union of humanity and technology that, for good or bad, would enhance human capabilities.

Perhaps if myself or another mod gets the time, we could break the current discussion of transvestites off into its own thread.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think it all kind-of blends together - the transcendence of the "human condition" into something...well, stupider, frankly.  

Less "technological-human interfacing" than surpassing current humanity, of which the proponents of transgenderism consider it a part.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, IDBillzFan said:

The relevant postings on transgender have now been split off into their own thread.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:52 AM, Foxx said:

The relevant postings on transgender have now been split off into their own thread.

I think that is appropriate, but it is also correct to note that both forks of this twisted path share a common disdain for anything like natural law. Whether rooted in Aristotelian nature or Biblical Creation, the West traditionally understood social constructs to be built upon preexisting teleological natures that one could cause to flourish or distort into diseased, erroneous deformations. The metaphysics of freedom is something that requires more than cursory elucidation, so I won't try here. The blunt, pithy reality is that nihilism and the will-to-power motivates the self-divinizing desires of the original technological ambitions of transhumanism as well as the so-called choice of gender fluid ideologies.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, dr. who said:

I think that is appropriate, but it is also correct to note that both forks of this twisted path share a common disdain for anything like natural law. Whether rooted in Aristotelian nature or Biblical Creation, the West traditionally understood social constructs to be built upon preexisting teleological natures that one could cause to flourish or distort into diseased, erroneous deformations. The metaphysics of freedom is something that requires more than cursory elucidation, so I won't try here. The blunt, pithy reality is that nihilism and the will-to-power motivates the self-divinizing desires of the original technological ambitions of transhumanism as well as the so-called choice of gender fluid ideologies.

No doubt they are branches of the same tree but far enough apart that they deserve their own topic.

I learned a new word today, thanks!

teleological:

adjective Philosophy.
of or relating to teleology, the philosophical doctrine that final causes, design, and purpose exist in nature.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 5/14/2023 at 1:12 PM, dr. who said:

You had ChatGPT write this, didn't you?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You had ChatGPT write this, didn't you?

I'm still paying off the loans for the pretty much useless PhD, but I can write an interesting thread post on an anonymous message board.

• Cheers 3

They are lost.

"Do you support taking away school lunches from kids who go to schools where boys aren't allowed to play on girls' sports teams?!"

How can someone be this stupid ?

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They are lost.

"Do you support taking away school lunches from kids who go to schools where boys aren't allowed to play on girls' sports teams?!"

How can someone be this stupid ?

It's nice to see someone else on the right finally shoving this kind of argument back in the face of the commies.

Remember when they ran an ad of Republicans pushing a grandmother in a wheelchair off a cliff?

You don't coddle these pussies. You get them to admit, in public, just how damaging their policies are and embarrass this living &#%$ out of them.

• Like 2

4merper4mer

Thread clarification request:

I see the other thread is now for trans issues and this one is for AI and robots and stuff.

When the inevitable happens, and you know it will, where should I post about a cross dressing cyborg?  

• Haha 1