Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von Miller is a Bill

Nanker

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Von Miller is Buffalo’s 2022 Art Rooney Sportsmanship nominee

645F14B0-92AC-419F-BD26-D4ED7D44AEB6.thumb.jpeg.1f549c932570a3a64a135eb6f3be8ca3.jpeg

As as side note, I'll bet only people from Buffalo and Chicago can pronounce Kyle Juszczyk's name on the first try.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

As as side note, I'll bet only people from Buffalo and Chicago can pronounce Kyle Juszczyk's name on the first try.

There was a girl I went to grade school with who had that last name. Easy-peasy.

• Wow 1

31 minutes ago, Ann said:

There was a girl I went to grade school with who had that last name. Easy-peasy.

You have her phone number or email?

Asking for a friend. 😷👺

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
On 11/22/2022 at 5:35 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

On 11/22/2022 at 5:59 PM, Ann said:

On 11/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, Nanker said:

You have her phone number or email?

Asking for a friend. 😷👺

Yes, I also want her number so I can get to Kyle...:classic_love:

• Facepalm 2

17 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

lesson learned, don’t ever listen to what the athletes themselves say about injury.

I think it may have been a case of the Bills saving Von from himself here.

30 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think it may have been a case of the Bills saving Von from himself here.

maybe so. Hopefully he’s good to go for a couple games at the end to get up to speed and then hit it hard in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

maybe so. Hopefully he’s good to go for a couple games at the end to get up to speed and then hit it hard in the playoffs.

So, what are the IR rules per team? Is there a limit to the number of players that can be available to play after IR? Minimum weeks? 

Edit: 4 games. If he was going to be out 3 then sidlining him makes sense to me.

Edited by Fansince88

Just now, Fansince88 said:

So, what are the IR rules per team? Is there a limit to the number of players that can be available to play after IR? Minimum weeks? 

I don’t know if there’s a limit to how many can come back (seems like I remember something like that) but it’s 4 weeks minimum before they can return. 

• Like 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I don’t know if there’s a limit to how many can come back (seems like I remember something like that) but it’s 4 weeks minimum before they can return. 

Yes. Saw that and was editing my post when you replied. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heh

</snip>

Allen was golfing in Newport, Calif., with his old pal Barkley, who had been his backup in 2018, 2019 and 2020, when Bills general manager Brandon Beane called. He asked his quarterback if he could give Miller a call because the Bills were trying to recruit the pass rusher to come to Buffalo.

Allen has said that he thinks he and Beane have the best QB-GM relationship in football, so he knew he could use this favor to strike a deal.

“I’m like, alright, well, I need you to sign Matt,” Allen said. “And he said, okay I’ll see what I can do.”

Together from their golf cart, Allen and Barkley held up their end of the bargain (though at the time, Barkley had no idea Allen had mentioned him to Beane). “I think Von has a couple numbers, so we were trying to figure out which one to call,” Barkley said. “We kept getting a dead ringtone.”

When they finally got to him, Barkley says Allen also sent Miller a three-line text that read:

Zach Wilson

Tua Tagovailoa

Mac Jones

“You get to play these guys six times a year,” Barkley said. “Have at it. Why would you not want to come? I don’t know if that sold him or not, but it was a heavy pitch.”

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Heh

</snip>

Allen was golfing in Newport, Calif., with his old pal Barkley, who had been his backup in 2018, 2019 and 2020, when Bills general manager Brandon Beane called. He asked his quarterback if he could give Miller a call because the Bills were trying to recruit the pass rusher to come to Buffalo.

Allen has said that he thinks he and Beane have the best QB-GM relationship in football, so he knew he could use this favor to strike a deal.

“I’m like, alright, well, I need you to sign Matt,” Allen said. “And he said, okay I’ll see what I can do.”

Together from their golf cart, Allen and Barkley held up their end of the bargain (though at the time, Barkley had no idea Allen had mentioned him to Beane). “I think Von has a couple numbers, so we were trying to figure out which one to call,” Barkley said. “We kept getting a dead ringtone.”

When they finally got to him, Barkley says Allen also sent Miller a three-line text that read:

Zach Wilson

Tua Tagovailoa

Mac Jones

“You get to play these guys six times a year,” Barkley said. “Have at it. Why would you not want to come? I don’t know if that sold him or not, but it was a heavy pitch.”

</snip>

Damn.  You don't see other QBs get dragged by one of their own in the media very often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4