Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von Miller is a Bill

Nanker

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Damn.  You don't see other QBs get dragged by one of their own in the media very often.

Guess a guy 1 step removed from coaching figures his bravado won't become bulletin board material. But even if it does, could it matter w/ any of those 3?

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Ann said:

Heh

</snip>

Allen was golfing in Newport, Calif., with his old pal Barkley, who had been his backup in 2018, 2019 and 2020, when Bills general manager Brandon Beane called. He asked his quarterback if he could give Miller a call because the Bills were trying to recruit the pass rusher to come to Buffalo.

Allen has said that he thinks he and Beane have the best QB-GM relationship in football, so he knew he could use this favor to strike a deal.

“I’m like, alright, well, I need you to sign Matt,” Allen said. “And he said, okay I’ll see what I can do.”

Together from their golf cart, Allen and Barkley held up their end of the bargain (though at the time, Barkley had no idea Allen had mentioned him to Beane). “I think Von has a couple numbers, so we were trying to figure out which one to call,” Barkley said. “We kept getting a dead ringtone.”

When they finally got to him, Barkley says Allen also sent Miller a three-line text that read:

Zach Wilson

Tua Tagovailoa

Mac Jones

“You get to play these guys six times a year,” Barkley said. “Have at it. Why would you not want to come? I don’t know if that sold him or not, but it was a heavy pitch.”

</snip>

P.S.  Mike White

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Von Miller's son Victory was born today on the 7th anniversary of Super Bowl 50.

Instagram story

von.thumb.jpg.12dd44c2f8dcf7d5f2e0077763709bce.jpg

It's a good thing his dad is Von Miller, because any other dad, and a kid named "Victory B'Vsean" would get stuffed into a locker every day of school.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's nothing if not entertaining.

It's a weird spot as a fan right now. I know the team is good enough to compete for a title as is, even before the draft this team can and will beat most teams it lines up against. But looking over at the Dolphins and Jets' playmaker core still makes me a tad envious. Adding DHop would keep the Bills near the top of the arms race in the division, let alone the conference. Without him, they're still good but everything is going to be just a little bit harder. 

Then again, it could all just be offseason dreaming syndrome.

• Like 3