Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von Miller is a Bill

Nanker

Any updates today?  (Is today the day they fly to London or will they go tomorrow?)

If White wasn't out this week, would be perfectly fine with not bringing Miller back this week.  But would like to see him dressed even if he gets very limited action to keep from that possibly causing a letdown.  (On top of the natural letdown of having crushed your natural rival and now playing a much less acclaimed opponent even though they're the best team in a bad division.  (Not ready to believe the Texasses are for real.))

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Any updates today?  (Is today the day they fly to London or will they go tomorrow?)

If White wasn't out this week, would be perfectly fine with not bringing Miller back this week.  But would like to see him dressed even if he gets very limited action to keep from that possibly causing a letdown.  (On top of the natural letdown of having crushed your natural rival and now playing a much less acclaimed opponent even though they're the best team in a bad division.  (Not ready to believe the Texasses are for real.))

Traveling to London!

• FANtastic 2

21 minutes ago, Ann said:

Activated

Very conflicted here. I feel like if he does play, he'll be on a pitch count, of sorts, because he needs to get into game shape.  But then I remember Bruce skipping most of everything pre-season and then destroying people on day 1.

What say the crowd here? What do you think about him playing?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Very conflicted here. I feel like if he does play, he'll be on a pitch count, of sorts, because he needs to get into game shape.  But then I remember Bruce skipping most of everything pre-season and then destroying people on day 1.

Truth is, I have no real idea how good Jacksonville is, so I don't know if I want him playing or not.

Last week, when the game hinged in part on getting pressure on Tua, I'd have said yes.  Next week, with the Giants complete lack of pass-blocking, I'd say there's no hurry. 

This week?  HE's had the pads off for a while.  The best I can say is let him play a few snaps to shake off the cobwebs.  

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

5 plays at the most, and nothing in a high-pressure situation.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Truth is, I have no real idea how good Jacksonville is, so I don't know if I want him playing or not.

I'm watching last week's Jacksonville game trying to answer the above.  And it's telling me nothing, because Atlanta is magnificently horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

It was a gamble.  We were unlucky.

You aren't kidding. This team has been snake bit the last few years.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Whilst we're on thread subject lines (see Damar) maybe change this one to "expected to resume playing".

And yes Von is a future HOFer but that was a big wiff last night

Billsandhorns
38 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

What if he retires?

In business terms, it is essentially a "sunk cost." Any money a team pays a player must be accounted for against the salary cap. If there is dead money in a player's contract and he is released or retires, that charge will accelerate onto the team's salary cap for the current year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1