Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NFL Draft: Day 3

Foxx

CarpetCrawler

185. Bills (CAR) select Christian Benford, CB   NOVA

Boundary cornerback with an athletic to muscular build. Does not panic when challenged. Exposure in man and zone coverage. Great top end and recovery speed. Good balance. Good stop-start speed. Minimal lean at the stem. Great hand eye coordination. Does a good job of tracking the ball in the air.

Two-time CAA Football first team (2020, 2021)
2018: CAA Football Defensive Rookie of the Year

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

From CBS sports on Benford, sounds like could be a sleeper!

Rating: 70.78 (Chance to start)

Pro Comparison: Reggie Robinson

Strengths:

Boundary cornerback with an athletic to muscular build. Does not panic when challenged. Exposure in man and zone coverage. Great top end and recovery speed. Good balance. Good stop-start speed. Minimal lean at the stem. Great hand eye coordination. Does a good job of tracking the ball in the air.

Weaknesses:

Can improve landing punches when trying to jam receiver in press man coverage. Lesser competition level will make for a more difficult transition

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Holy crap, this ball travels 65 yards in the air and he didn't outpunt his coverage!

On a low snap

• Cheers 1

I must say I am shocked that Beane didn't trade away all those sixth and the seventh round picks and move up. I guess that is why I'll never be a GM. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

I must say I am shocked that Beane didn't trade away all those sixth and the seventh round picks and move up. I guess that is why I'll never be a GM. 🤷‍♂️

Oh I agree, I'm surprised too but so far these first 2 - 6th picks have a shot so I'm with you on the armchair GM job

Alaska Darin
13 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I like this guy - he's another BIG, physical corner who can actually play the football.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I like this guy - he's another BIG, physical corner who can actually play the football.

Digging a little deeper looks to be academic honor roll as well so seems to fit the character profile

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1