Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo BILLS 2022-23 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Anyone who watched the Bills last year knew this. Let’s see if they can improve on YAC this year. No where to go but up…

This is one of my pet peeves -along with talking heads that continue to maw that they can’t believe Marino didn’t get drafted till Miami did at the end of the first round. 

How are Josh’s receivers supposed to get more YAC when they’ve caught the ball either IN or within 5 yards of the end zone? Check out how many of his TDs were caught in the end zone and then get back to him. 

Marino was a Coker at Pittsburgh according to the scuttlebutt and the USFL drafted him ahead of the NFLDraft. He was set to mare huge $ (at the time) because of the ongoing bidding war with the desperate startup league. Miami was about the only team that was appealing to Marino at that time. SB winning HC, strong team roster, and no state taxes, and oh yeah… South Beach. 

But all the NFL GMs were stupid to not consider taking Marino. 

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Nanker said:

This is one of my pet peeves -along with talking heads that continue to maw that they can’t believe Marino didn’t get drafted till Miami did at the end of the first round. 

How are Josh’s receivers supposed to get more YAC when they’ve caught the ball either IN or within 5 yards of the end zone? Check out how many of his TDs were caught in the end zone and then get back to him. 

Marino was a Coker at Pittsburgh according to the scuttlebutt and the USFL drafted him ahead of the NFLDraft. He was set to mare huge $ (at the time) because of the ongoing bidding war with the desperate startup league. Miami was about the only team that was appealing to Marino at that time. SB winning HC, strong team roster, and no state taxes, and oh yeah… South Beach. 

But all the NFL GMs were stupid to not consider taking Marino. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2519683-nfl-urban-legends-dan-marino-drug-rumors-and-the-draft-day-slide

Marino wasn't doing coke.  He was a drinker...just like every Pennsylvania football kid ever.  The NFL draft pre-work wasn't as diligent as it is today, so things like rumor got a lot more traction than they would now.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Obviously it didn't affect the BILLS either way because they'd have taken Marino if Kelly wasn't there.

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Much like Biscuit Bennett was the “final piece” for The Bills first SuperBowl era, I see Von as “The Final Piece” for this - the next Bills SuperBowl era. 

They just need to get into the playoffs and win the final game. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll honestly be really surprised if we don't.

Expect you're right.  And it won't be Allen doing all the carrying.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

I firmly believe this is his last season in Buffalo unless something very dramatic happens.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'll honestly be really surprised if we don't.

Yes. We need some more players to catch fire and show that they’re inspired by Josh’s playmaking.

Gabe and Knox are showing signs of being determined to do just that.  Ed, AJ, Boogie, and Groot need to as well. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I firmly believe this is his last season in Buffalo unless something very dramatic happens.

Somebody is going to pay for him.  Probably overpay.  Probably based on a shallow understanding of his play.  Probably the Jets.

• Like 3

There is a lot of Bills stuff (more than I posted) in this edition of FMIA

FMIA: NFL Training Camp Tour Kicks Off With Las Vegas’ Hot, Hot New Offense And Buffalo’s Plans for Von MillerPeter King

Three Bills things:

1. Josh Allen’s a rock star, and more. The crowd was batcrap for him for two hours of practice and then a few signing binges post-practice. I got coffee in Pittsford later and I came upon this devotional candle in his image in the coffeeshop. 

At practice Sunday, Bills EVP Ron Raccuia told me he was in the Bills group that went to the site of the mass grocery store shooting in Buffalo in May. He saw Allen approach city and county leaders to offer condolences. “He shook hands with the three politicians, including the mayor of Buffalo, Byron Brown,” said Raccuia. “He spent time talking and listening to each one. And he leans into [Erie County legislator] April Baskin, and I heard him say, ‘April, have you been okay through all of this?’ He meant it. He is one of the most authentic guys I’ve been around.” Athletes are important to communities. Sean McDermott brought up David Ortiz taking the mic after the Boston Marathon terrorism and saying, “This is our f—ing city!” Allen is not Ortiz—yet—but he’s becoming a very big part of the fabric of western New York.

2. Tre’Davious White (torn ACL eight months ago today) is valuable, and is also on the Physically Unable to Perform List. No one’s predicting if he’ll be ready to face the Rams in 45 days, but the Bills will spend lots of manhours getting first-round pick Kaiir Elam ready just in case.

3. Spent some time watching wideout Gabriel Davis, who scored four touchdowns in the playoff loss to Kansas City, catch balls off the JUGS machine. He’s cut, he’s got soft hands, he’s very ready to be a 1b to 1a Stefon Diggs in this offense. He’s a worker bee too. All you fantasy players: Don’t let Davis slip too far down your receiver rankings. He’ll get his targets. Allen throws to the open guy, and Davis is good at getting open.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1