Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"He's inaccurate, his timing's off, he's easily fooled by coverage, he's one of the top 5 QBs in the league."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that write-up is a bunch of drunk-ass bullshit.

I don't know how anyone watches him on a regular basis and thinks he doesn't throw timing routes, move coverage to suit himself, etc.  Yes, he extends plays at times but if you watch the All-22, he rarely misses windows but he will let them expire if he thinks he has something bigger if he waits.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know how anyone watches him on a regular basis and thinks he doesn't throw timing routes, move coverage to suit himself, etc.  Yes, he extends plays at times but if you watch the All-22, he rarely misses windows but he will let them expire if he thinks he has something bigger if he waits.

100%. His ability to understand what the defense is trying to do pre-snap has improved exponentially since his rookie year. Because of his physical traits he'll never get credit for his brains, but he's got more than enough to be great for a long, long time. 

• Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
46 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can think of four plays that demonstrate all of that: each of Davis' four TDs in the KC playoff game.  Everything you mention is on display on those four plays; everything that asshat mentioned Allen "doesn't do" was also on display on thise four plays.

It's why I said, not just bullshit, but "drunk-ass" bullshit.  You can't be sober and write that crap.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I read something last year about Daboll’s offense, and how his scheme was designed to have routes run through multiple windows; and Allen’s ability to extend plays took great advantage of that.

It was also the reason they loved Trubisky as a backup, him having a similar skill set to Josh (albeit nowhere near as advanced), whereas Chicago’s system was “single window” which limited Mitch’s effectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I read something last year about Daboll’s offense, and how his scheme was designed to have routes run through multiple windows; and Allen’s ability to extend plays took great advantage of that.

It was also the reason they loved Trubisky as a backup, him having a similar skill set to Josh (albeit nowhere near as advanced), where as Chicago’s system was “single window” which limited Mitch’s effectiveness.

Right.  He explained it a little in the Simms' interview (alluding to receivers adaptation to what they're seeing).  Mitch essentially said the same thing when he said "here they tell you to just be yourself and make plays."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

First visit.

Jameis Winston..."It is always a show.  Often that show is a snuff film or a car accident, but it's always a show."  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's such a great article it had me asking myself, halfway through, "When did SI get back to writing great articles?"

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Seems like just yesterday Steve Ruiz was explaining how Allen couldn't do any of what he just described.  

• Haha 2