Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Disney’s “The Insurrection!”

Dubs

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These are terrible numbers - the kind that suggest the bulk of "viewers" were TVs accidentally left on rather than actual eyeballs on the screen. Any other show with this low of ratings would be pulled from the schedule, the creators fired, and execs who brought it to air pillared. 

Yet... 

How many watched on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News?

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

How many watched on MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News?

CNN and MSNBC were up because that’s basically the 1/6 Commission’s base, and no doubt they’ll be hoping for another hearing in prime time, but the networks certainly won’t.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CNN and MSNBC were up because that’s basically the 1/6 Commission’s base, and no doubt they’ll be hoping for another hearing in prime time, but the networks certainly won’t.

So what you're saying is more people tuned in to watch the circus on Cable News than would have tuned in on a normal night

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Koko said:

Depends on how the polling numbers turn out. I expect the runs by the 4th or 5th session show.

This is what I read the first time through.

:coffee:

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(not an act of insurrection though because they have the wrong political views)

Given very recent events, people who have no business being around a school seems like an absolutely brilliant idea. 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
28 minutes ago, shrader said:

Given very recent events, people who have no business being around a school seems like an absolutely brilliant idea. 

It's just amazingly tone-deaf. Then, with the way the media looks the other way when it serves their political purposes, it just makes it so clear what's really happening in this country right now. It's not about "protecting democracy", it's not even really about protecting abortion rights or protection at all. It's about smiting all opinions which run contrary to the ruling party's agenda and the people who hold them. 

If that were happening without the simultaneous backdrop of these hearings, it would be one thing. But the fact they're looking the other way for one side, while pillaring the other, just makes it crystal clear what the true aims are. And sooner or later, an idiot or two will go too far and the media will collectively feign surprise, shock, and anger - then find a way to blame the violence they incited and condoned on the other side. 

And they'll do it with a straight face while millions of Americans believe them.

• Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's just amazingly tone-deaf. Then, with the way the media looks the other way when it serves their political purposes, it just makes it so clear what's really happening in this country right now. It's not about "protecting democracy", it's not even really about protecting abortion rights or protection at all. It's about smiting all opinions which run contrary to the ruling party's agenda and the people who hold them. 

If that were happening without the simultaneous backdrop of these hearings, it would be one thing. But the fact they're looking the other way for one side, while pillaring the other, just makes it crystal clear what the true aims are. And sooner or later, an idiot or two will go too far and the media will collectively feign surprise, shock, and anger - then find a way to blame the violence they incited and condoned on the other side. 

And they'll do it with a straight face while millions of Americans believe them.

No they won't. They have been condoning one-sided violence for quite a while now 

• Like 1

looks like Ed Reed auditioning for episode 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/11/ed-reed-100000-fine-of-jack-del-rio-is-not-enough/

Reed, currently the chief of staff for the University of Miami football program, sounded off on the $100,000 fine imposed by Washington Commanders coach Ron Rivera against defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, in response to Del Rio’s effort to downplay the January 6 insurrection, both by calling it a “dust up” and be equating it to unrest in 2020 resulting from police violence against minorities.

“Today, I’m sick and tired!” Reed said. “A dust up! 100,000 is not enough, money ain’t nothing to a person who is recycled through coaching. It’s always one, first it was [Nick] Saban now it’s Jack to just remind US what it is! Man if [you’re] coached by him put your pants on! Its simple right and wrong. Wrong.”

On 6/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, Dubs said:

Preview of the cast:

Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump

Will Smith as the cop that killed Ashley Babbit

Gina Carnao as Ashley Babbit

Nic Cage as Buffalo guy

Anne Ramsey as Nanci Pelosi

Martha Stewart as Liz Cheney

Mr. Mackey as Adam Schiff

Lizzo as Gerold Nadler

On 6/9/2022 at 4:26 PM, devnull said:

Carano wouldn't lower herself to accept a role in this farce

On the contrary, if you let Carano play Lauren Bobbert and get Lisa Whelchel to plat MTG I think it would work our great!

Looking over OTA TV listings this week and I don't see anything scheduled.  Not even on PBS.

Did they cancel the extravaganza after episode 1?

17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Looking over OTA TV listings this week and I don't see anything scheduled.  Not even on PBS.

Did they cancel the extravaganza after episode 1?

No.

It was on this morning from 10:00 AM to Noon.,

MSNBC, CNN, PBS and C-Span.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No.

It was on this morning from 10:00 AM to Noon.,

MSNBC, CNN, PBS and C-Span.

I was looking at Prime Time

I'm not sure 10AM-Noon on Cable is the best time slot.  Competing with The View for the harpee demographic and the Free Stuff demographic is waking up to Price is Right

• Like 1

16 hours ago, devnull said:

I was looking at Prime Time

I'm not sure 10AM-Noon on Cable is the best time slot.  Competing with The View for the harpee demographic and the Free Stuff demographic is waking up to Price is Right

the manatee demographic. 

Hearing postponed without a new date for "technical reasons"

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a member of the committee, described the postponement as “no big deal” during an appearance on MSNBC's “Morning Joe” and said it was the result of “technical work” that still needed to be done.

“Putting together the video exhibits is an exhausting exercise for our very small video staff,” said Lofgren, a California Democrat. “We were going to have one-two-three in one week and it’s just it’s too much to put it all together. So we’re trying to give them a little room to do their technical work.”

Yeah, I'm sure it's totally because they're trying to do a solid for their video people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

50 minutes ago, Koko said:

Hearing postponed without a new date for "technical reasons"

Yeah, I'm sure it's totally because they're trying to do a solid for their video people.

It's not all that easy to edit video into something it's not.  These things take time.  And they want a quality product, not something that was obviously edited. 😉

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're trying to indict Trump on encouraging acts of violence...while they can't even get the FBI to admit either way to encouraging such.

• Like 1