Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Training Camp '22

Foxx

Alaska Darin
  Cool tidbit:

Allen won the “farmer’s walk,” which involved carrying 45-pound weights in each hand across the field. McKenzie won the obstacle course competition and was second in the “hang bar” (hanging in the air from a bar with two hands).

“I hung for 3:15 and I came in second,” McKenzie said. “Jake Kumerow came in first in that.”

• Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
"Allen was on fire in team drills, connecting on 15 of 19 passes and a whopping five touchdowns as the Bills practiced primarily on the defense’s side of the field. "

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

Another interesting observation from Joe B.'s Athletic article (above):

"Epenesa has ticked every box to be an impactful pass rusher at this point of training camp. Even though Boogie Basham has had a nice start to the summer as well, Epenesa has easily been the better player. Epenesa has quickly become the player I’m most eager to track beginning Saturday. We need to see if he’s actually turned a corner and can be a dependable rotational pass rusher or if he’s winning solely because offensive linemen can’t get too physical with him without full pads. He has easily been the biggest camp winner on defense so far."

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

@Foxx

Thanks! Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. With everything coming out of camp around this kid, it would be great if he were able to fill the Mike.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
53 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Thanks! Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. With everything coming out of camp around this kid, it would be great if he were able to fill the Mike.

I think we're starting a trend toward smaller, faster, quicker LBers in the NFL - at least until someone puts in an old 70s offense with huge OLinemen and two hammer backs and wins a Super Bowl.

I remember when the Cowboys under Johnson just had 220 LB backers who could all run like hell.  They had a great DLine to keep them clean and those guys were a pain to deal with.

• Cheers 2