Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Training Camp '22

Foxx

Deranged Rhino

Is anyone headed to camp tomorrow for the first day of pads? / Has anyone on the board been in person yet? 

I'm champing at the bit to get home to see some, not sure it's going to happen this year, so I need someone to live vicariously through... 

• Like 4

PackerNation
10 hours ago, Ann said:

I am sure the folks at San Diego State appreciate him attempting to slam the SDSU fans/supporters by making it seem like 2,800 at a training camp practice is amazing. Nearly every team in the NFL has 2,500 or more fans at their open training camp practices.

I believe there were still COVID restrictions on for his senior year at SDSU. To imply that 2,800 fans at a training camp practice is more than SDSU normally gets at home football games is disingenuous at best.

They have great fans at SDSU and fill their stadium when there are no attendance restrictions.

SDSU deserves an apology from this clown. 

• Angry 1

A punter battle!

Top 3 things to know from Day 5 of 2022 Bills Training Camp

</snip>

2. Matt Haack vs. Matt Araiza

The punter competition at St. John Fisher is heating up between Matt Haack and rookie Matt Araiza. While the two are focused on what they can do with their feet, that's not the only thing that will win them the job. Whoever makes the 53-man roster will also have the job of holding for kicker Tyler Bass.

"It will factor into it," special teams coordinator Matthew Smiley said about holding. "You have to be a very, very good holder because you're scoring points off that and you have to give Tyler access to the best ball possible."

Araiza and Haack have been alternating days on who gets to hold for Bass. The kicker said the art of holding isn't easy because it needs to be nearly perfect.

"It's head-to-head," Bass shared. "They're both doing a great job. So, they're both right here."

Even though the two are competing for a starting job, Smiley has been impressed with Haack's willingness to help bring Araiza along.

"I've been so impressed with the way he's carried himself as a man through the course of this competition, the spring and camp," Smiley said of Haack. "He's been punting the ball well these first two times, but he is not shying away from interacting with Araiza. There's been a good camaraderie in that room for all four guys. There have been times when Araiza has asked Haack questions, and Haack has helped him out and talked to him about different details of trying to be a player in the NFL."

</snip>

• Like 2
  • Love 1