Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Training Camp '22

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

"I'm a guitar tech for a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band."  That is hilariously specific.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 5

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"I'm a guitar tech for a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band."  That is hilariously specific.  :classic_laugh:

“Only 80s though.”

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

My parents decided to move away from Buffalo shortly after the Blizzard of '77, to Albuquerque (which was about split between Cowboys and Broncos fans), where they knew snowfall was a pittance in comparison. My dad, and a bunch of other Buffalo based engineers, all managed to get transferred at once. By the mid '80s I was old enough to start appreciating football. One of my father's friends had one of those mega sized satellite dishes at the time and everyone would congregate there on football weekends. If I recall correctly, a lot of the Bills games were broadcast on the Armed Forces Network. Well, most of you remember how sad it was to be a Bills fan in the mid-ish '80s. I was so happy when the Bills upset the Cowboys in a stunner in 1984. It might have been the only time when I wore a Bills shirt to school (because the teasing was merciless otherwise) and I smugly made sure everyone saw it, relishing in their grumbling. Then, of course, we had all of those SB L's in the 90s.

How could it get worse than that? Well, it sure could...see the next ~20 years and ~20 QBs. I guess this is just a long way in saying that I am so happy with where this team is now and with the QB who is under center.

Was it worth all the pain? I'll say yes, because what we are watching right now is absolutely thrilling, and who knows if we would be at this point if anything different had happened historically. A QB who continually defies convention, by throwing darts no matter which side of the field he rolls out to, throwing across his body into tight windows, and leap frogging defenders. 3rd and 25? No worries, Josh is the QB, so there's a decent shot at converting. It's a great time to be a Bills fan!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Hedge said:

My parents decided to move away from Buffalo shortly after the Blizzard of '77, to Albuquerque (which was about split between Cowboys and Broncos fans), where they knew snowfall was a pittance in comparison.

Eh, little-known fact there, Hedgy.  Only 4.5 inches of snow fell during the Blizzard of '77.

RochesterRob
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Eh, little-known fact there, Hedgy.  Only 4.5 inches of snow fell during the Blizzard of '77.

What hammered Buffalo was the 12 inches of snow that was sitting on top of a frozen Lake Erie.  A steady wind from the SW and BAM!

Deranged Rhino
23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

circling back to this - I can’t say for sure this was JA’s inspiration, but it’s what immediately popped into my mind. And knowing his love of stepbrothers, it wouldn’t shock me:

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Maybe in the city- where it never snowed

whole lotta snow south of the city

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Day 5, pads start tomorrow

day.jpg.8ad04645120da55628e8d25e3e8ee6da.jpg

I think I could persuade Mrs. snafu to put one of those on our front lawn on game days.

• Haha 1