Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Allen 2020 stats (MVP in any other year): 69.2% comp, 7.9 YPA, 107.2 Passer Rating, 46 TDs, 16 TOs (End of season talk starts pg 6)

transplantbillsfan

transplantbillsfan

I don't even know what to say.

I'm sure we all thought we'd win after that TD pass to Diggs.

Just so disheartened. All we can do is move on and use the bye to get healthy and get better.

This game really doesn't swing the needle one way or another for Allen. Great final drive, but the INTs were no good, and while one looked like miscommunication, the other appeared to be on Allen.

I don't know why we still bother with the run game as much as we do. Just go 5 wide and let Allen throw it and occasionally run the draw play to keep the D honest.

Onto LA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't even know what to say.

I'm sure we all thought we'd win after that TD pass to Diggs.

Just so disheartened. All we can do is move on and use the bye to get healthy and get better.

This game really doesn't swing the needle one way or another for Allen. Great final drive, but the INTs were no good, and while one looked like miscommunication, the other appeared to be on Allen.

I don't know why we still bother with the run game as much as we do. Just go 5 wide and let Allen throw it and occasionally run the draw play to keep the D honest.

Onto LA

Heartbreaking loss, but In a weird way this game shows Allen’s growth IMO. I’d say it was one of his worst games this year, yet he still did enough lead the offense to 30 points and leave the field with a lead with ~30 seconds left. This would have been one of his better games his rookie year, and an average to above average game for him last year.  

• Like 1

transplantbillsfan

The Bills ultimately ride or die with Allen.

I'm sick of our run game already.  It's completely ineffective and pointless. Moss and Singletary gained 35 yards on 11 carries, but all those yards came on 3 carries... the other 8 carries gained a net of ZERO yards.

The running game needs to be a threat if it's to benefit the offense.  Ours is abysmal.

Just run the spread formation with Allen every play in shotgun and run it no-huddle. Bring the RB back for protection when needed and the OCCASIONAL handoff.  Let Allen win or lose the games with his arm (and legs occasionally) and just accept that's the way it has to be.  Handing off to Singletary and Moss just seems such a waste of a down and gets us behind the sticks too often.  It's pretty obvious this team wins and loses with Allen at this point.  Just accept that and make that clear in the game planning.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sick of our run game already.  It's completely ineffective and pointless. Moss and Singletary gained 35 yards on 11 carries, but all those yards came on 3 carries... the other 8 carries gained a net of ZERO yards.

The running game needs to be a threat if it's to benefit the offense.  Ours is abysmal.

Just run the spread formation with Allen every play in shotgun and run it no-huddle. Bring the RB back for protection when needed and the OCCASIONAL handoff.  Let Allen win or lose the games with his arm (and legs occasionally) and just accept that's the way it has to be.  Handing off to Singletary and Moss just seems such a waste of a down and gets us behind the sticks too often.  It's pretty obvious this team wins and loses with Allen at this point.  Just accept that and make that clear in the game planning.

Singletary and Moss aren't nearly good enough.

At a bare minimum, get the RB's involved in the passing game with screens or short throws over the middle. 

transplantbillsfan

Let's just pause to appreciate the following. Among all NFL QBs, Josh Allen:

8th in completion percentage 

6th in TD Passes 

8th in YPA

6th in YPG (passing only)

8th in Passer Rating 

5th in Total Qbr

Year 3 and Josh Allen is a top 10 NFL QB.

Let's just enjoy this.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Cannot disagree.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:38 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Love him taking this on his shoulders. That said, the punt was like a 3rd int. With that fact our D is showing some real improvements. They kept us in the game. We have not seen that in a while. Even with all the injuries. I am also of the opinion that the last TD by Arizona we couldn't have played that much better. We had Murry on the run and had 3 defenders on the most likely receiver. He just got up higher then or defenders. Going to enjoy the week off anyway and get some hunting in.

transplantbillsfan
On 11/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, snafu said:

Singletary and Moss aren't nearly good enough.

At a bare minimum, get the RB's involved in the passing game with screens or short throws over the middle. 

Call Christian Wade up and see if we can catch lightning in a bottle. This is getting ridiculous. I won't be remotely surprised if Yeldon is active and maybe Singletary ends up being inactive next game to shake things up a bit.

• Cheers 1

On 11/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Watch this video of Zack Moss mic'ed up. At the 44 second mark, you have the sideline view of the  McKenzie TD (with Josh Allen in the small video window in the lower left) and see the coach I referenced earlier (blue shirt) putting his hands up before Josh is even out of his progression. He saw McKenzie and he knew. Then you see everyone realize they have it before the ball is barely released.

I think quite possibly one of my favorite things in this game is seeing people who see the TD long before it's even close to being a TD.  

Allen is far more anticipatory this year and it shows. The maturation has me believing this year isn't even his limit.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Call Christian Wade up and see if we can catch lightning in a bottle. This is getting ridiculous. I won't be remotely surprised if Yeldon is active and maybe Singletary ends up being inactive next game to shake things up a bit.

I forgot about Wade. If he isn’t a fumbler, then might as well try him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Isn't Wade still in a program that will not allow him to be called up? 

He's listed on the practice squad as the team's 17th member since he is part of the NFL international players program.

At the conclusion of training camp, each player will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption with his assigned team.  This provides the assigned team an eleventh practice squad member who is ineligible to be activated during the season

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
Just now, Ann said:

He's listed on the practice squad as the team's 17th member since he is part of the NFL international players program.

At the conclusion of training camp, each player will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption with his assigned team.  This provides the assigned team an eleventh practice squad member who is ineligible to be activated during the season

So he cannot be called up. That is what I thought 

transplantbillsfan

Today's game was a little weird. It felt like we came out kinda flat, but we were really never in peril of losing.

This tweet sums it up:

and this:

8-3 and in sole possession of 1st place in the AFCE heading into the final stretch. Allen’s toughness was the most impressive thing today:

• Like 3

transplantbillsfan

One of the Joe B takes I completely agree with:

https://theathletic.com/2228964/2020/11/30/bills-chargers-observations/

1) Bills made an effort to balance the attack, but wound up uneven

Sean McDermott made it very clear ahead of the team’s Week 11 bye that he wanted to get the rushing attack fixed. The Bills returned center Mitch Morse to the starting lineup, slid Jon Feliciano to left guard and activated blocking tight end Lee Smith to give the power rush a boost. The offense responded with its highest rushing output since the Week 8 victory over New England and a much more balanced offensive approach. Devin Singletary and Zack Moss collectively gained 141 yards and averaged over 7 yards per carry. Josh Allen chipped in with 32 rushing yards. Despite those numbers, the game plan had some holes in it.

As in previous weeks, the Bills were intent on getting their backs to the edge and moving the offensive line with them. It seems that when Moss is in the lineup, they’re missing an opportunity by not having him run between the tackles and use his strength and explosiveness more often. It also would have helped the Bills mitigate Joey Bosa’ impact on the game. With the Chargers’ Melvin Ingram and Uchenna Nwosu not available for the game, Buffalo only had to worry about Bosa as an edge defender but did not avoid him on runs to the edge as the game continued. The decisions predictably resulted in multiple tackles for losses.

Overall, the Bills revived their run game Sunday. But at what cost? The Bills are at their best on offense when throwing the ball and making the attack run through Allen, and it never seemed in sync Sunday. Allen never got on the same page with Stefon Diggs except for some forced short-yardage targets. Cole Beasley was essentially a non-factor other than his touchdown throw. Allen missed on some passes, was intercepted after a poor decision to throw and fumbled the ball away. The Chargers lacked another legitimate pass rusher next to Bosa and were playing with a depleted secondary.

You never want to take away the best part of your own offense, and that’s what the Bills appeared to do Sunday. The Bills can still be an impactful running team without having a balanced approach. Good rushing teams don’t necessarily have the yardage skew in their favor every game; it’s all about the timing of your run calls and the effectiveness of them. The run game likely will not be the reason the Bills have success in the playoffs. If they want to reach their goals and chase a championship, their third-year quarterback needs to lead the way. When they’re on their game, the Bills have one of the most feared passing attacks in the league. It would be illogical for them to move away from that as the season winds down.

• Like 1