Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Biden Investigations

Foxx

19 hours ago, Cinga said:

Since becoming POTUS, Biden has refused to disclose a log of who visits with him when he is at his homes.

Doesn't the fact we know know he had classified documents in that home require full disclosure now? In fact, how do we know no one walked out with some? How often did Joe drive off with the door open and that stack of boxes left for anyone to rummage through or steal from? 

I said it before, how is it that the National Archives couldn't or didn't figure out in 6 years that some documents were missing?  Unless these were photocopies of originals which were returned, this classification/chain of custody/recordkeeping stuff looks very seat-of-the-pants.  And if they are photocopies, then that's a different, bigger problem.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I said it before, how is it that the National Archives couldn't or didn't figure out in 6 years that some documents were missing?  Unless these were photocopies of originals which were returned, this classification/chain of custody/recordkeeping stuff looks very seat-of-the-pants.  And if they are photocopies, then that's a different, bigger problem.

Image what Obama has locked down in his mega warehouse? Image what other documents Obama locked down on his way out of the White House? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Image what Obama has locked down in his mega warehouse? Image what other documents Obama locked down on his way out of the White House? 

Imagine what the Clinton's have buried away

And who...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My prediction is that at the end of the "investigation" Merrick or Wray or some other phoney will hold a press conference and say:

"Even though President Biden didn't have the authority to possess these documents and even though they were about as a secure as one of those tiny locks on your luggage, Mr. Biden didn't INTEND to skirt the laws and make them available for foreign spies so we have declined to pursue any impeachments or legal charges at this time. But don't let anyone else do the same thing or the full hammer of the law will smash you."

Just like Comey's presser on Hillary's server.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, snafu said:

They can only know about the documents they're told about or given.  

If you think about it, it's hard to keep track of secret documents.  Simply because...well, they're secret.  It's not like there's a master list of classified docs that Archives can reference and say "Wait, we don't have that one."

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

My prediction is that at the end of the "investigation" Merrick or Wray or some other phoney will hold a press conference and say:

"Even though President Biden didn't have the authority to possess these documents and even though they were about as a secure as one of those tiny locks on your luggage, Mr. Biden didn't INTEND to skirt the laws and make them available for foreign spies so we have declined to pursue any impeachments or legal charges at this time. But don't let anyone else do the same thing or the full hammer of the law will smash you."

Just like Comey's presser on Hillary's server.

While I am by no means a fan of the shenanigans from the Left, to be fair, I don't see any charges at the moment for President Trump. So unless they charge Trump, they will indeed be being consistent in their approach (outside, of course, the fact that Biden was VP when these items were taken).

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

While I am by no means a fan of the shenanigans from the Left, to be fair, I don't see any charges at the moment for President Trump. So unless they charge Trump, they will indeed be being consistent in their approach (outside, of course, the fact that Biden was VP when these items were taken).

Trump had the ability to declassify anything. The Supreme Court has affirmed this (see Clinton, Bill).

Biden, as Vice President, did not have that ability.

You will not hear the “msm” point this difference out.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Trump had the ability to declassify anything. The Supreme Court has affirmed this (see Clinton, Bill).

We won't see charges against Trump for two reasons.  First, it's a shaky case.  Second, the intent was never to charge Trump.  The Deep State is reminding Trump not to say too many quiet parts out loud during his 2023/2024 stand up tour.

And Biden?  Right around the time he's making noise about announcing his re-election, this pops up?  I kinda get the feeling this is somebody trying to remind the President who is really in charge...

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

Actually, the VP does have declassification authority.  Classification/declassification authority is set by executive order, usually affirmed by each President when they assume office, and sometimes rewritten.  Obama granted the VP classification/declassification authority in his EO in 2009.

So Biden did, as VP, have declassification authority when he was in office.

• Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

They can only know about the documents they're told about or given.  

If you think about it, it's hard to keep track of secret documents.  Simply because...well, they're secret.  It's not like there's a master list of classified docs that Archives can reference and say "Wait, we don't have that one."

Got it.

Yet that’s now they laid out their authority just last year.  Their handling of the Mar-a-Lago matter makes it seem (to a non-gov type like me) like they’re the all seeing eye. And Biden’s lawyers went straight to the archives with them, like they’d know whether these were legit and confirm-ably classified. 

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Except that Trump had the ability to declassify and store these records which were in a secure location that had already been examined by the intelligence agencies. Biden, as former VP, had no such prerogatives.

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actually, the VP does have declassification authority.  Classification/declassification authority is set by executive order, usually affirmed by each President when they assume office, and sometimes rewritten.  Obama granted the VP classification/declassification authority in his EO in 2009.

So Biden did, as VP, have declassification authority when he was in office.

Not doubting you at all but would you have the EO#?

20 minutes ago, Ann said:

7 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Except that Trump had the ability to declassify and store these records which were in a secure location that had already been examined by the intelligence agencies. Biden, as former VP, had no such prerogatives.

I believe I said as much.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Got it.

Yet that’s now they laid out their authority just last year.  Their handling of the Mar-a-Lago matter makes it seem (to a non-gov type like me) like they’re the all seeing eye. And Biden’s lawyers went straight to the archives with them, like they’d know whether these were legit and confirm-ably classified. 

Archives is responsible for the handling and storage of Presidential records, yes.  And they can throw a shit-fit if they find out they didn't get them.

But reasonably, they can't know if they get them all (hell, Archives is so packed, they don't even know what they have in the archives, let alone what they're missing.  Historical researchers find "Hey, we didn't know this existed!" stuff all the time.)  But they can only be reactive, not proactive, about documents they find they don't have.

And they have shit-all to do with classification authority.  When it comes to classification/declassification, they take their orders from original classification authorities. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not doubting you at all but would you have the EO#?

13526 everyone and their brother can declassify national security information. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Archives is responsible for the handling and storage of Presidential records, yes.  And they can throw a shit-fit if they find out they didn't get them.

But reasonably, they can't know if they get them all (hell, Archives is so packed, they don't even know what they have in the archives, let alone what they're missing.  Historical researchers find "Hey, we didn't know this existed!" stuff all the time.)  But they can only be reactive, not proactive, about documents they find they don't have.

And they have shit-all to do with classification authority.  When it comes to classification/declassification, they take their orders from original classification authorities. 

Understood.

Unless Biden had photocopies.  Like I said earlier, that’s a different kettle of fish.

• Cheers 2

So, what is the issue then? If anyone can declassify national security material (ok, some hyperbole), what’s the issue? They can shake some voodoo bones, spin around three times while throwing pixie dust over their shoulder shouting I DECLASSIFY THESE DOCUMENTS, or simply say, “these are declassified” and store ‘em in boxes next to their Corvette (or a secure vault, or a 3m sq ft warehouse, or a sock drawer) and it is all good, right?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

51 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

EO 13526, Section 1.3(a)(1)

Skimming through that it seems he only has the right to declassify it he classified it to begin with under part 3? Am I wrong? 

• Like 1