Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Jets Week 14 Game Week Thread

Ann

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

82 catches and a 73% catch rate last year.  8.5 yards/reception.

That's some pretty critical production when you're facing 2nd/3rd and 7.  YAC is important...so is knowing where the sticks are, and keeping drives alive by catching the ball at them for the first down.

He was clutch in hitting the sticks. No question about it.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

82 catches and a 73% catch rate last year.  8.5 yards/reception.

That's some pretty critical production when you're facing 2nd/3rd and 7.  YAC is important...so is knowing where the sticks are, and keeping drives alive by catching the ball at them for the first down.

Last season? As with Tom Brady? 😉 😝 

I believe you are missing my point. 

Yes, Bease had a 70 + % catch rate with Josh and I cheered those #s regularly. 

His Targets were his highest too. 

BUT — We needed more than just “the first down”. 

Middle of the field. He caught ball for a 1st down and laid down immediately. 

He could have fought for more YAC. 

Y/Tch 3.3 yards per gam so were his Y/G and and Y/R were all down. 

The Bills need 100% from the players and the want to do more.

I made excuses that he was saving his body from injury once he got the 1st down. 

In a game where inches matter - taking the knee on every play may not have been the best overall action to take. 

4th and goal with 3 seconds on the clock, when a FG could win a game — 3 yards is huge.  

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Shady said:

I made excuses that he was saving his body from injury once he got the 1st down. 

In a game where inches matter - taking the knee on every play may not have been the best overall action to take. 

4th and goal with 3 seconds on the clock, when a FG could win a game — 3 yards is huge.  

"4TH & GOAL W/ 3 SECONDS LEFT" and 3 yards is going to make or break the Game Winning FG attempt?  2 Q's: When did T-Bass break or just how many yards did they lose on 2nd down that those 3 yards will make this a makeable FG?

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Shady said:

No, I'm not missing your point.  I'm denying its validity.  80 catches, 73% catch rate when targeted, 37 first downs.  He kept drives alive, kept yardage manageable, and was a threat out of the slot underneath coverage in the middle of the field, which complicated coverage of Diggs, Sanders, and Davis on the outside.  

"But he didn't get YAC!" is a ridiculous simplification to a single number that completely belies the value he provided.

Edit: not to mention wrong.  In 2021, 46% of his yards came after the catch, compared to 37% in 2020.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Shady said:

I disagree with your bolded.  Beasley got as much YAC as he could on every play, at least to my eyes.  He isn't a big guy so he wasn't going to take a big hit unnecessarily, which is smart.  The guy is tough as nails, dependable, and played through several injuries; so to me his availability and reliability were never an issue.  Just a dependable, smart, and tough player

It's a shame Beas was treated so poorly by a mob of idiots who stupidly believed in a faux drug and narrative.  We could really use Beasley.

• Cheers 4

5 hours ago, Shady said:

Show us some actual examples, other wise you're just chirping.  First downs and moving the chains are literally the difference between winning and losing.  It's insanely obvious on this year's team that we're not getting anywhere near the production from the slot as when he was here.  Dirty has not been good against zone, which is where Cole absolutely thrived because he's smart AF and knows exactly where the holes are and how to get there at just the right time.

Oh, and by the way - it's a lot harder to get YAC against zone...WHICH IS WHY TEAMS TEND TO PLAY A LOT OF IT AGAINST THE BILLS.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Show us some actual examples, other wise you're just chirping.  First downs and moving the chains are literally the difference between winning and losing.  It's insanely obvious on this year's team that we're not getting anywhere near the production from the slot as when he was here.  Dirty has not been good against zone, which is where Cole absolutely thrived because he's smart AF and knows exactly where the holes are and how to get there at just the right time.

Oh, and by the way - it's a lot harder to get YAC against zone...WHICH IS WHY TEAMS TEND TO PLAY A LOT OF IT AGAINST THE BILLS.

All of this is 100% accurate, but I don’t think it touches on what made Beasley the most valuable.

He got himself open on nearly every passing down, giving Allen a true safety valve, limiting his hero ball.

It’s not a coincidence that Allen’s interceptions are up this year.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And Sam Martin.  [/HoldGod]

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

not quite active

more sedentary

Spartacus makes Sam Martin sound like Josh Allen's pet cat