Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Jets Week 14 Game Week Thread

Ann

14 hours ago, Shady said:

Last season? As with Tom Brady? 😉 😝 

I believe you are missing my point. 

Yes, Bease had a 70 + % catch rate with Josh and I cheered those #s regularly. 

His Targets were his highest too. 

BUT — We needed more than just “the first down”. 

Middle of the field. He caught ball for a 1st down and laid down immediately. 

He could have fought for more YAC. 

Y/Tch 3.3 yards per gam so were his Y/G and and Y/R were all down. 

The Bills need 100% from the players and the want to do more.

I made excuses that he was saving his body from injury once he got the 1st down. 

In a game where inches matter - taking the knee on every play may not have been the best overall action to take. 

4th and goal with 3 seconds on the clock, when a FG could win a game — 3 yards is huge.  

Agreed.

And, he didnt want to be a Bill anymore so there is that. Kind of a mute point if you ask me. BTW, I dont blame him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

mute point

The word is moot.  Mute is a button on your tv remote used to silence Collinsworth because he constantly makes moot points.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The word is moot.  Mute is a button on your tv remote used to silence Collinsworth because he constantly makes moot points.

It's a moo point.

image.gif.1a06d8f50eeecd8d5ea48af007212acc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

LOL. Who are you? CTM? I actually typed that and said, that doesn't look right. Thought about it a moment and knew what I did wrong and said to myself....Self, Lets see who catches that.

Edited by Fansince88

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

LOL. Who are you? CTM? I actually typed that and said, that doesn't look right. Thought about it a moment and knew what I did wrong and said to myself....Self, Lets see who catches that.

That specific one is a pet peeve of mine.  You should see my reaction when someone uses it in a conversation.  If SNL can use it correctly, pretty much anyone should be able to.  :cheers:

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

In this case, I'm okay with "mute point," because I wish he'd shut the &#%$ up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2

26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In this case, I'm okay with "mute point," because I wish he'd shut the &#%$ up.

He is horrible! Wait.....you are talking about Collinsworth right?

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

He is horrible! Wait.....you are talking about Collinsworth right?

I left it purposely ambiguous.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I left it purposely ambiguous.  

My father drove one of those ambiguous cars when they first came out. Said they were not real boy ant.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

My father drove one of those ambiguous cars when they first came out. Said they were not real boy ant.

It's time for your weekly "You're an idiot" again.

You're an idiot.

See you next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I have my facts correct tre white drafted 27th overall in 2017 earned a starting role as a rookie. Elam i think will develop. Good learning experience for him. Should be talking to tre white, poyer, and Hyde and soaking up the knowledge. You got pro bowlers and all pros. That is a nice luxury to have that most rookie db don’t have. They should be able to impart knowledge of the game. That is my take.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's time for your weekly "You're an idiot" again.

You're an idiot.

See you next week.

Im your Chicolini and you are my Rufus T Firefly! 

2 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

If I have my facts correct tre white drafted 27th overall in 2017 earned a starting role as a rookie. Elam i think will develop. Good learning experience for him. Should be talking to tre white, poyer, and Hyde and soaking up the knowledge. You got pro bowlers and all pros. That is a nice luxury to have that most rookie db don’t have. They should be able to impart knowledge of the game. That is my take.

Changing from a man CB to someone who has to know exactly what to do in a zone concept without hesitation isn't easy.  It's one of the reasons you see certain teams jettison good players when they change coaching staffs.

Elam will be much better next season because the game will be much slower for him.  Just part of the process.  I doubt he's sitting on his hands but he's probably thinking too much.  I've gone over it a lot when the BILLS change coordinators - you really don't wanna change the offensive terminology or concepts because now you're trying to get 30 guys on the same page.  You coach the coach instead.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1