Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Bengals - The Aftermath - Week #17 '22 [Say a Prayer for Damar Hamlin Please] [Back in Buffalo!] [Fully Cleared, Working out with the team!] [Full Go at Training Camp] [Played Today!] [Made the 2023 Team!] [Playing Today!] Comeback POTY

Foxx

Just checked my FB and it is flooded with Prayers for Damar. It is so amazing to see. Even New York State Firearms association posted "praying for Damar". 

• Love 3

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Someone needs to take Joe Buck’s microphone away. I dont need to hear for a third time how this whole situation “took [his] breath away”. 

In all seriousness, probably the best thing to do is to cut away and put on reruns of Night Court. There just are not enough appropriate words to fill the amount of time they are trying to fill. It’s an impossible situation to put these anchors in. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

These incidents bring out the best and worst of people. The best is the nearly universal outpouring of support for someone struck by tragedy. The worst is the sanctimony of those who use it as an opportunity to virtue-signal by demeaning anyone who fails to display the level of sentiment they purport to have themselves.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Had to stop watching.  There's no real news now and the talking heads trying to perform their jobs in very trying circumstances isn't helping break out of this numbness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Dubs said:

In all seriousness, probably the best thing to do is to cut away and put on reruns of Night Court. There just are not enough appropriate words to fill the amount of time they are trying to fill. It’s an impossible situation to put these anchors in. 

Got to be one of the hardest jobs in the world, trying to fill air time after a tragedy.  We saw the same thing after 9/11, Dan Rather/Peter Jennings/Tom Brokaw struggled.

And in sports broadcasting, a good number of these men/women aren't nearly as well equipped to fill air time after a tragedy that Dan Rather/Peter Jennings/Tom Brokaw.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Robs House said:

These incidents bring out the best and worst of people. The best is the nearly universal outpouring of support for someone struck by tragedy. The worst is the sanctimony of those who use it as an opportunity to virtue-signal by demeaning anyone who fails to display the level of sentiment they purport to have themselves.

No, the worst is Skip Bayless.  #IgnoreSkip.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but I will believe when a hospital representative or his mom says how he is doing. 

Not his "agent or marketing rep" 

✍️🙏

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Got to be one of the hardest jobs in the world, trying to fill air time after a tragedy.  We saw the same thing after 9/11, Dan Rather/Peter Jennings/Tom Brokaw struggled.

And in sports broadcasting, a good number of these men/women aren't nearly as well equipped to fill air time after a tragedy that Dan Rather/Peter Jennings/Tom Brokaw.

SVP looks out of his realm. That is all.

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, the worst is Skip Bayless.  #IgnoreSkip.

No offense Clavin, but that's kind of what I'm talking about.

Just now, Taro T said:

Had to stop watching.  There's no real news now and the talking heads trying to perform their jobs in very trying circumstances isn't helping break out of this numbness.

I find it interesting that they have handed it off to the “A-Team”. People who can speak with a vocabulary of more than 50 words. Booger, you suck! 

But it’s ESPN, they are circling the potty. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

His vitals are back to normal and the have medically put him to sleep.  Running tests.

Heard that, it's encouraging.  But like @B-Mansaid, it ain't official until it comes from the hospital.

Which I'm still waiting for the purported upcoming press conference.

• Like 1
  • Love 2