Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Bengals - Game Day Thread - Divisional Round '22

Foxx

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

See that’s crap.  Fish have receivers and that’s it.  So you cherry pick one position?  That’s a joke.  Is Beane supposed to crap out Jaylen Waddle talent drafting at 25? Shirley.

The Jets, too. I'd take their 2/3/4 over ours 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That’s what is so frustrating to me.  How can they come out so flat two weeks in a row?  Is there a lack of character we don’t see?  There is enough talent.

blocking and tackling is based on desire.

that has been seriously lacking for a while, except in #17

everyone along for the ride

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

*Josh Allen carries a crappy OL, bad runningbacks, and an mostly anonymous WR core to the divisional round*

Bills fans: "we're so talented, we just don't win."

Davis is talented...what he isn't is consistent.  It's pretty clearly time to end the IM6 experiment because he as less talent and is even more inconsistent.

WR has been a problem all year.

• Like 3

Damn, I'm so pissed we don't have the 3rd pick in the draft so we can pass on Von and get Dareus.
Oh wait, that should be another thread...

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan101 said:

So who is starting the FIRE FRAZIER petition?

I also think Josh and Dorsey are getting schooled today.  I'd love to see the numbers on how long Josh has held the ball today before throwing.  

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

Same.  The only thing more important than having a quality coaching staff is having a franchise QB.

Frazier has consistently come up small in these moments and the offense feels the pressure to be perfect.  That's just too much to ask on a regular basis when the stakes are so high.

We don't always agree, but I think we agree here.  No team can field all-pros in every position.  We have the most important piece - a franchise QB that can carry the team on his shoulders and win.  Unfortunately, there has to be better game plans when the Divisional and AFCCG rolls around.  I'm honestly not sure with the "we don't have enough talent crowd" wants as far as personnel goes...and how to afford that.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Mims?  Lol

You can't argue with a guy who is pointing out high draft choices that division winners won't have access to.  The Fish won't have 2 elite WRs when they have to pay a QB unless they cut like half their roster.

I think it's safe to say the McBeane era is officially over. I imagine they'll still hang around for a few more seasons, but I don't think anyone really believes we'll be anything more than an also ran going forward.

This is 3 years in a row under performing in the playoffs. The 1st loss to the chiefs was bad, but reasonable. The loss last year was a legendary example of gross incompetence. Today's performance was just embarrassing. 

These guys did a good job in drafting Josh Allen and bringing him along, but they've done everything they're capable of doing, and getting over the hump in the playoffs is clearly not within their abilities. I see no reason to assume that will change going forward. The wise move would be to flip the coaching staff in its entirety.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Damn, I'm so pissed we don't have the 3rd pick in the draft so we can pass on Von and get Dareus.
Oh wait, that should be another thread...

Von was picked before we were up.  Denver was not trading out of taking him.

Edmunds has been at his worst all day.

Goes to show how important Jones was. This is like last year’s DLine and Edmunds isn’t good enough when the DLine is below average.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan101 said:

So who is starting the FIRE FRAZIER petition?

if they don't ditch Frazier and change to a pressure defense, the window will have closed.

when a bend but don't break defense floods the field with small LB and DB and guys are still open by 5-10 yds on every play, your defensive scheme sucks.

the scheme may work against shitty QBs, but gets abused against even bad QBs who have WRs and RBs

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

You can't argue with a guy who is pointing out high draft choices that division winners won't have access to.  The Fish won't have 2 elite WRs when they have to pay a QB unless they cut like half their roster.

They traded for hill. Eagles traded a first for Brown

Follow other teams 

Just now, Core Four said:

We don't always agree, but I think we agree here.  No team can field all-pros in every position.  We have the most important piece - a franchise QB that can carry the team on his shoulders and win.  Unfortunately, there has to be better game plans when the Divisional and AFCCG rolls around.  I'm honestly not sure with the "we don't have enough talent crowd" wants as far as personnel goes...and how to afford that.

I have faith in Beane to figure the personnel out - the question here is does the "TDR" every organization does end with "this defensive scheme just isn't good enough to win against good teams."

I hope GMBB's ego doesn't lead to another year of big nickle and overpaying 49.  It just can't happen.

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Davis is talented...what he isn't is consistent.  It's pretty clearly time to end the IM6 experiment because he as less talent and is even more inconsistent.

WR has been a problem all year.

Elite QB,

Average RB1, Promising RB2

Average TE

Elite WR1, Inconsistent and Unreliable WR2, Replacement Level WR3-5, Promising WR6 they refused to play

Average LT, Washed up LG, Average C, Below Average RG, Replacement Level RT

Tell me again how this team is "talented enough to win the SB?"

Unfortunately, you can't divide the talent from Diggs and Allen to the rest of the team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1