Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Free Agency - 2023

Foxx

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I guess the third rounder from last year could be in play too but he just seems so small….and crappy.

Not SO small.  Crappy -- who knows.

Bernard is listed at 6'1" 224lb.

Milano is listed at 6'0" 220lb.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Wow -- Keenum makes $18million?

We saw a shit-ton of backup QBs this year perform somewhat well.  There's savings to be had by replacing Keenum with a less experienced backup.  There's money for Edmunds or Poyer.  They should decide to keep one or the other.

Sweeney can go -- or take a pay cut and drive the team bus.

Crowder is just taking money from teams. He's started 51 games in 8 full seasons (129 games).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Wow -- Keenum makes $18million?

We saw a shit-ton of backup QBs this year perform somewhat well.  There's savings to be had by replacing Keenum with a less experienced backup.  There's money for Edmunds or Poyer.  They should decide to keep one or the other.

Sweeney can go -- or take a pay cut and drive the team bus.

Crowder is just taking money from teams. He's started 51 games in 8 full seasons (129 games).

Some of those numbers do not seem realistic. Someone is really gonna pay Keenum $18M? He's making $3.5M this year
Tyler Matakevitch will double his salary

🤷‍♀️

It is a business and these guys only have so many years to cash in, so I would not blame any of them for leaving for a more lucrative contract.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Ann said:

WR looks a bit sparse, and it is a definite need. 😞

No OG’s until the 30’s. I’d like a REAL replacement via FA (a bargain guy, but not a bargain bin guy) and another fairly high in the draft. Give Kromer more to work with. 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Some of those numbers do not seem realistic. Someone is really gonna pay Keenum $18M? He's making $3.5M this year
Tyler Matakevitch will double his salary

🤷‍♀️

It is a business and these guys only have so many years to cash in, so I would not blame any of them for leaving for a more lucrative contract.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

He signed a 3yr. $18mm contract in 2020. His cap hit this year was 3.5mm. He is a free agent in '23. 

Did I mis-read that tweet, or was that tweet misleading?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Not SO small.  Crappy -- who knows.

Bernard is listed at 6'1" 224lb.

Milano is listed at 6'0" 220lb.

WOW! I had heard talk of moving him to safety, but I didn’t realize he was THAT BIG. Very interesting. I wonder if that has been a serious consideration? 

I wonder how many CB’s in the NFL weigh more than say,  205-210 lbs. Not many, I’d guess. 

EDIT: I just looked on the Bills site and they have Benford at 6’1” and 205 lbs. That sounds more like it. I also read that Edmunds should just be finishing his Junior year of college eligibility. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like 1

Billsandhorns
8 minutes ago, snafu said:

Did I mis-read that tweet, or was that tweet misleading?

I think it was a bit mis-leading. it's a partial list of Bills 2023 free agents and the total final value of their expiring contracts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, House said:

We are broke

They can restructure Josh Allen to kick the can and free up something like $20m. Hopefully, the salary cap is a lot higher, too.

• Like 2

You Dirty Rat
7 minutes ago, Ann said:

They can restructure Josh Allen to kick the can and free up something like $20m. Hopefully, the salary cap is a lot higher, too.

Ok, we are financially challenged 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:41 AM, Jabba The Hutt said:

40. LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH, DALLAS COWBOYS

9. OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

23. DI ZACH ALLEN, ARIZONA CARDINALS

31. OG BEN POWERS, BALTIMORE RAVENS

34. TE MIKE GESICKI, MIAMI DOLPHINS

48. OG DALTON RISNER, DENVER BRONCOS

7. LB LAVONTE DAVID, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

I’m confused. Your list . . . makes sense. It’s based on filling team needs. I’m really, really puzzled right now. 😮

What I was expecting from you was a list of those free agents you find most physically attractive, with utter and complete disregard for team needs! 

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

I’m confused. Your list . . . makes sense. It’s based on filling team needs. I’m really, really puzzled right now. 😮

What I was expecting from you was a list of those free agents you find most physically attractive, with utter and complete disregard for team needs! 

What you didn't realize was that I ranked them in order of sexiness:classic_love:

• Wow 1