Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Free Agency - 2023

Foxx

Nouseforaname
25 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Bills should be busy this weekend re-doing contracts.  We shall see how much cap space they can create.  

How much do we save if diggs tears up his contract and goes to the cowboys ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

He has that option?

Nouseforaname
13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He has that option?

No I’m just mimicking the twitter trolls that keep bringing this up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Forget that. Imagine what will we save by releasing Josh Allen and designate him as a post June 1st cut? I’d bet we’d save tons! … Because THAT’S how to win the Off-season! [/ATOP-TWITTER•TWATS]

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Bills should be busy this weekend re-doing contracts.  We shall see how much cap space they can create.  

Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and Von Miller free up a LOT of cap space with a conversion from base salary to bonus, according to the Athletic. 

Josh Allen: To convert his base salary and bonus into a prorated signing bonus over the next five years yields a 2023 savings of $21.14 million. 

Von Miller: Miller is the next best candidate for a restructure because of how much cap room it could yield ($10.86 million) and because they are already locked in with him through the 2024 season. The restructuring would only lessen the savings they’d get in 2025 to move on from his deal, but they’d still save over $5 million in 2025 with this restructure in 2023.

Stefon Diggs: Although smaller savings than Allen or Miller, Diggs could yield $5.4 million in additional cap room. Much like with Miller, the recent commitment to Diggs locks him in with the Bills through 2024 at least, but even with the restructuring, they would leave themselves the option to move on in 2025 and still save nearly $5 million that year.

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

If the Bills were all in, wouldn't they have signed him before this? Maybe they want to see what kind of offers he gets? Maybe they don't feel he is the answer?

bills.jpg.e5e5ce8d2f9e19ab5e8a2de3a59c12ce.jpg

They did the same thing with Milano.  Let the market take shape.

I’m sure they have a Plan A and a Plan B (probably also a Plan C, too).

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

They can't.

Too many other things to address.

Im still firmly in the dont touch him class. He is too old to make having him on the team worth it. If you need a wr that bad then Diggs is 🗑.  Our Wr corp is 🗑.  I dont believe it is. That said, we have a few that are expendable just the same. 

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Im still firmly in the dont touch him class. He is too old to make having him on the team worth it. If you need a wr that bad then Diggs is 🗑.  Our Wr corp is 🗑.  I dont believe it is. That said, we have a few that are expendable just the same. 

I'm with you...I was fully onboard with the mercenary angle last season but giving him a big deal with a buncha guaranteed money goes against the philosophy this team has been built using.  He may very well be healthy but his on/off field history is too much of a risk to give him huge money for any term.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Walked back? Or Florio is full of it?

I suspect some friend of an agent leaked something to Florio as a trial balloon that was very quickly deflated.