Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Free Agency - 2023

Foxx

Where the Bills stand ahead of free agency's second wave, and what could be next
- Alaina Getzenberg, ESPN

</snip>

“Coming off the cap going down with COVID, we're trying to work our way out so that we don't have just a teardown, and you see that happen from a team here," Beane said. "Just like, 'Man, we can't do anymore. We gotta get rid of some of these huge salaries,' and the only way to do it is either try to kick it further down the road, making it harder, or start trading, releasing, and taking those hits. So, we're trying not to do that."

The Bills are hoping to add to a roster that's won three straight division titles while the rest of the AFC East adds firepower around them. Where does that leave them now with the first wave of free agency over and what’s next?

What the Bills have done

During the first week of free agency, the Bills signed a likely starter in guard Connor McGovern, added speed to the receiver room with Deonte Harty, brought in backup quarterback Kyle Allen and re-signed safety Jordan Poyer on a team-friendly two-year, $12.5 million deal with a maximum value of $14.5 million.

</snip>

• Like 1

More aggressive? They were in and backed away?

FMIA: The First-Week Free-Agency Files

</snip>

3. I think if I were the Bills, I’d have been more aggressive in trying to sign Adam Thielen. He reached a deal with Carolina Sunday night. That’s fine, and good for him to get real money from the Panthers. I don’t get a building team signing a player in his age-33 year. Thielen belonged with a contender.

</snip>

• Cheers 2

Rochesterny

Singletary signs with texans. My thought is bills in 2023 draft will look to draft running back or o-line. My feeling is that if Bijan Robinson is available they will take him. Just my opinion.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 3

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Carolina might as well go for it.  

That division is up for grabs.

Yup. And they're setting up their rookie QB for success by giving him weapons. Good team building.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

D...J...Chark doo doo doo-doo doo-doo, DJ Chark doo doo doo-doo doo-doo...

(I had to suffer with that in my head, so the rest of you do too.)

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

D...J...Chark doo doo doo-doo doo-doo, DJ Chark doo doo doo-doo doo-doo...

(I had to suffer with that in my head, so the rest of you do too.)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh