Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Free Agency - 2023

Foxx

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I cannot wait to see people who've watched Butkus, Singletary, and Urlacher get a load of the highest paid ILBer in team history.

$18m a year average. That is a lotta cabbage.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

Bears message board takes:

1.  Tremaine Edmunds is a big linebacker and strong tackler who is not terribly instinctive and has not been a good pass defender, although he did improve last year in pass defense..

2.  Well I think he can take on blocks unlike Roquan Smith.

bwahahahahahahahaha

• Wow 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

1.  Tremaine Edmunds is a big linebacker and strong tackler who is not terribly instinctive and has not been a good pass defender, although he did improve last year in pass defense..

2.  Well I think he can take on blocks unlike Roquan Smith.

bwahahahahahahahaha

They overpaid, but they had the money to do it. Maybe he’ll take those next steps and become what the Bills hoped he would be? In any event, I wish him well.

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I had to go over and read. 😛 For every one “yay!” there are 10 “wtf!”s.  🤷‍♀️ I wonder what Chicago’s plans are? 

• I don't know 1

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

They overpaid, but they had the money to do it. Maybe he’ll take those next steps and become what the Bills hoped he would be? In any event, I wish him well.

I'm curious to see how Eberflus uses him but the expectations for him are going to be off the charts for that money.  I'm glad he got paid because he seems like a good dude but I'm glad we're not the ones who did it.

I'm glad GMBB moved on, rather than doubling down.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm curious to see how Eberflus uses him but the expectations for him are going to be off the charts for that money.  I'm glad he got paid because he seems like a good dude but I'm glad we're not the ones who did it.

I'm glad GMBB moved on, rather than doubling down.

This will crack you up.

You can count the number of times you've seen Edmunds do this on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This will crack you up.

You can count the number of times you've seen Edmunds do this on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

If I was retired I'd go through a couple of seasons of plays just to get the ones where he just runs up the ass of one of the DLineman.  I bet it'd be 15 minutes long.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
53 minutes ago, Ann said:

Safety . What does Poyer get?

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I know money is tight - but these were the two guys I hoped GMBB would make a surprise move to land. 

Bates because he's very good (and pricey, I know), and Darnold because he and Josh are tight and I think he'd do well as the #2 here. 

Oh well. Bring me Campbell in the draft along with Robinson or Flowers and I'll be happy.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This will crack you up.

1.21 for the hits. How long for the times he watched a play from afar?

https://www.outkick.com/espn-adam-schefter-nfl-free-agency-phone/

ESPN pays $10 million per year for Adam Schefter to be on the phone, and by God they’re going to let you know it

On the one hand, I get it. ESPN doesn’t pay Adam Schefter $10 million per year because he’s great on TV. Quite the opposite, in fact. Schefter is actually quite bad on television.

No, they pay him $10 million because of that phone. And he’s on that $10 million phone right now. While you’re reading this story (slacker), Adam Schefter is on the phone.

https://www.outkick.com/denver-broncos-offensive-lineman-mike-mcglinchey-contract-russell-wilson/

BRONCOS GIVE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN MIKE MCGLINCHEY MASSIVE DEAL TO HELP RUSSELL WILSON UP AFTER SACKS

This is a great deal for McGlinchey. Not only does he get PAID but the expectations aren’t all that high. After all, letting up sacks in Denver isn’t that big of a deal.

Russell Wilson took more sacks (55) than any other quarterback in the NFL. And he missed two games.

That’s fine. The bigger problem for the Broncos offensive line is what happens AFTER Wilson gets blasted in the pocket.

That’s where the true issues are. Because last year, none of the linemen seemed particularly interested in helping him off the ground.

In a game against the Rams, Los Angeles sacked Wilson twice on back-to-back plays. On each play, Wilson lay on his back waiting for someone to help him up.

But that help never came.