Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Fans of Other Teams

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

This guy… :classic_blink:

Aaron Rodgers is about three snaps away from sponsoring Geritol.

Josh Allen is an X-Man, in a better uniform.

"Even," my left ass cheek.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I get such a kick outta everyone pretending Rogers is still the same guy from 10 years ago.  He'll pull a rabbit out of his hat a few times this season but he's pretty clearly regressing and Father Time is still undefeated.

Jabba The Hutt
13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What about your left ass cheek?:classic_love:

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I get such a kick outta everyone pretending Rogers is still the same guy from 10 years ago.  He'll pull a rabbit out of his hat a few times this season but he's pretty clearly regressing and Father Time is still undefeated.

I think Josh Allen is gonna hurdle and Stiff Arm Father Time:classic_love:

Bears not getting impact plays from front 7 despite offseason investment

The Chicago Bears’ first, third, fourth and fifth highest-paid free agents this offseason play in the front seven, part of general manager Ryan Poles’ overhaul of the defensive front.

They’ve combined for zero takeaways and one sack.

Part of the “it’s only three games, but it’s been really bad” dissection of the Bears has to include the defensive line and linebackers, one of the few groups on the team that is actually healthy but doesn’t have the game-changing plays to show for it.

Linebackers Tremaine Edmunds and T.J. Edwards and defensive ends DeMarcus Walker and Yannick Ngakoue are some of the highest-paid players on the team. Add Day 2 draft picks Gervon Dexter and Zacch Pickens, and there was no question what the point of emphasis was on defense.

But the results have been minimal. Here’s how bad the Bears are at a few key defensive categories involving pressuring the quarterback and getting off the field.

STAT TOTAL RANK
Sacks
32nd
3rd down %
32nd
QB hits
32nd
Blitz %
30th
Pressure %
25th

The message after Week 1 was the Bears have to be better on third down. It was the same thing in Week 2 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers got off to a hot start on third down. The Kansas City Chiefs did a lot of their damage on first and second down, leading to easier third downs, but the Bears still rarely capitalized.

MORE AT THE LINK

• Cheers 2