Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ed Oliver Extended

Ann

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One of my favorite Ed moments was during a post game celebration and McD had to shout, "Shut up Ed!"
Ed shut up and McD complimented him as well right after.

• Haha 3

Alaska Darin

Once again "Gun Culture" is brought up as though we as Americans don't have the Constitutional right to have firearms.

If I'm in the woods, I'm armed.  It's not negotiable.  It's better to have and not need than need and not have.

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Ann said:

Good for Marcel to point out that Ed was not intoxicated (he passed the roadside sobriety tests and they still arrested him) and the charges were tossed and what terrible reporting by Albert Breer to even mention Ed Oliver

11.jpg.5876a4c09f65fccb860ba529445cc869.jpg

Was Oliver even charged though?

Because an "arrest" is not a "charge."  It's little appreciated that the police do not charge.  They arrest based on some level of probable cause which is, unsurprisingly, arbitrary.  Charges are typically determined by the initial court hearing after the arrest.  (Or police arrest based on an issued warrant, in which case a court has already determined the charges.  But that's clearly not the case in Oliver's arrest.)

I've known a couple police departments, too, where the practice was to arrest on suspicion that a crime was being committed, then back at the station when reports were being written out at the end of the shift, to look up any applicable laws and retrofit the accusation to the arrest.  

So what happened to Ed isn't unusual...nor particularly uncommon.  Police can arrest you on a whim if they so choose, and let the court sort out charges the next day.  

Eddie O. is a good ol Texas boy (I do not mean anything derogatory) and handled himself very well during the Texas incident. Imma little pissed these click baiters are misrepresenting his mug shot.
Ed Oliver All-Access: Declaring for NFL draft, passion for horses

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Once again "Gun Culture" is brought up as though we as Americans don't have the Constitutional right to have firearms.

In fairness, it was brought up by a Fish fan. It's difficult for me to take serious the comments of a fan whose team uniform resembles the pride flag.

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-11d70e0565868c7a36dc4daddd81ac41

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Ed Oliver still hasn’t forgotten about the critics who questioned the Buffalo Bills for overspending when they offered the defensive tackle a four-year, $68 million contract extension in June, nor the vow he made shortly after signing the deal.

“I feel like I’m going to outplay the contract, to be honest,” Oliver said at the time. “Just sit back and watch.”

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shady said:

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-bills-ed-oliver-11d70e0565868c7a36dc4daddd81ac41

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Ed Oliver still hasn’t forgotten about the critics who questioned the Buffalo Bills for overspending when they offered the defensive tackle a four-year, $68 million contract extension in June, nor the vow he made shortly after signing the deal.

“I feel like I’m going to outplay the contract, to be honest,” Oliver said at the time. “Just sit back and watch.”

Suerad 😁 

(Got paid and didn't get lazy)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Ed hasn't crashed into a Seven Eleven as far as know.  

Country boy had a road pop, handled himself well and was exonerated.

Giddy Up Kramer GIF - Giddy Up Kramer - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2