Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Matt Milano Injury

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

What was Milano’s injury?

Milano details injury

Bills linebacker Matt Milano made his first comments Thursday since being injured in the Oct. 8 loss to Jacksonville in London.

Milano revealed he sustained a fractured right tibia (the bone that runs down the front of the leg) just below the knee, but there was no damage to any knee ligaments.

Milano said he could not put any weight on the leg for about eight weeks and he continues to rehabilitate at the Bills’ facility. He expects to have a normal offseason of training.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

From Beane at his presser today:

Matt Milano would not have been able to play this year even if the Bills had made the Super Bowl.
Milano is further along in his rehab than Tre White. 

• Cheers 2

Uncle Joe
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

From Beane at his presser today:

Matt Milano would not have been able to play this year even if the Bills had made the Super Bowl.
Milano is further along in his rehab than Tre White. 

That is somewhat encouraging that Tre is rehabbing. Whether it is for football is yet to be determined. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Yes, he is...

I see our buddy Joe responding with "Can't rely on that," so I have to ask; leg and knees are critical, but does anyone believe there's a chance Milano's career is over, or he won't make it back on the field next year?

I mean, granted, Joe isn't what I'd call an optimist about anything, but that was kind of the way I read that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I see our buddy Joe responding with "Can't rely on that," so I have to ask; leg and knees are critical, but does anyone believe there's a chance Milano's career is over, or he won't make it back on the field next year?

I mean, granted, Joe isn't what I'd call an optimist about anything, but that was kind of the way I read that

Where is @Joe?

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

From McD's comment, Milano further along than Tre, suggests Matt is improving and getting healthy.   An earlier report also said no knee ligament damage, just a bad bone break.  Serious but doesn't seem like a show stopper.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

No.  Obviously it was a serious break but not having stability issues is the very best news you can possibly get.  He'll be fine once he's able to get back in the gym and move some serious metal.

I seriously wanna know WTF the NFL is doing about the playing surface in England because I'm sorry, that injury is 100% about where that game was played.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

No.  Obviously it was a serious break but not having stability issues is the very best news you can possibly get.  He'll be fine once he's able to get back in the gym and move some serious metal.

I seriously wanna know WTF the NFL is doing about the playing surface in England because I'm sorry, that injury is 100% about where that game was played.

That game sure did prove to be costly.  

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Ann said:

Where is @Joe?

Ever since I didn't block him he stopped posting his negative crap. You are welcome.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Cheers 2

Fansince88
35 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

That game sure did prove to be costly.  

The loss was the lowest cost.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Ever since I didn't block him he stopped posting his negative crap. You are welcome.

Joe is one of us. 

• Like 1