Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who will help the Bills most, CB Rasul Douglas or RB Leonard Fournette ?

You Dirty Rat

KD in CA
On 12/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, Ann said:

They aren't releasing him. Extending him probably depends on the draft and Tre White, IMO.

release.jpg.fd9ecbc5205fd679ab220c13150dbbd7.jpg

$9M isn’t out of line for a CB1, is it?

I get the cap issues and am worried about all the FAs on the DL, but don’t know what else they do at CB.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I get the cap issues and am worried about all the FAs on the DL, but don’t know what else they do at CB.

Nope. That would put him at #23. Heck, Tre White got $17M.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

KD in CA
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Nope. That would put him at #23. Heck, Tre White got $17M.

Getting out of White’s contract (if possible) would be ideal.  Love the guy, but no way he’s ever getting back to top 5 CB level.

btw, Douglas is only five months older than Tre.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Getting out of White’s contract (if possible) would be ideal.  Love the guy, but no way he’s ever getting back to top 5 CB level.

Would not be entirely surprised if he retired.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Another late-round find like Benford.  

Fun fact: Bean has drafted 10 DBs.  Only two: Tre White and Elam - were drafted before the fourth round.  And of the other eight, two aren't in the league (Rachad Wildgoose and Jaquan Johnson), one's with the Pats (Alex Austin, 2023 7th round pick), and five are still with the Bills (Benford, Dane Jackson, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal, Damar Hamlin).  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Would not be entirely surprised if he retired.

As much as I love the guy and want to see a miraculous comeback, I doubt it is going to happen

That said, in 2017 I wanted to draft Deshaun Watson the first time we were on the clock.  After we traded down, I wanted to draft TJ Watt

TJ Watt would have been nice...

• Like 2

Fansince88
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Another late-round find like Benford.  

Fun fact: Bean has drafted 10 DBs.  Only two: Tre White and Elam - were drafted before the fourth round.  And of the other eight, two aren't in the league (Rachad Wildgoose and Jaquan Johnson), one's with the Pats (Alex Austin, 2023 7th round pick), and five are still with the Bills (Benford, Dane Jackson, Taron Johnson, Siran Neal, Damar Hamlin).  

Assuming that is really him....

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This move makes no sense to me.  Who are they making space for, if AJ Klein is already on the active roster?

Probably a punter. McDermott said Sam Martin does have a hamstring injury (duh) but McDermott had not spoken to the trainer before the presser (never does) and had no updates (on any of the injuries). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ann said:

Probably a punter. McDermott said Sam Martin does have a hamstring injury (duh) but McDermott had not spoken to the trainer before the presser (never does) and had no updates (on any of the injuries). 

Maybe bring back Matt Araiza

• Like 1

Fansince88
10 hours ago, devnull said:

Maybe bring back Matt Araiza

Great idea except he dosnt know the play book and has not held for our kicker. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Playbook?  

"Kick ball in direction you're facing.  If you're touched, pretend you're a soccer player."

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin
28 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I'm pretty sure he's held for T.Bass in TC/preseason before all that nonsense went on.  Haack is definitely a safer bet, regardless.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
On 1/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, devnull said:

As much as I love the guy and want to see a miraculous comeback, I doubt it is going to happen

That said, in 2017 I wanted to draft Deshaun Watson the first time we were on the clock.  After we traded down, I wanted to draft TJ Watt

TJ Watt would have been nice...

I remember that conversation - we were in unison on that one.  I couldn't believe we passed on Watson, who was as close to a sure fire hit as I'd seen in awhile...and then we picked an undersized corner over Watt, which boggled my mind.

I was underwhelmed.

• Like 3

Fansince88
45 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Playbook?  

"Kick ball in direction you're facing.  If you're touched, pretend you're a soccer player."

No, I think there is just a bit more to it.