Dolphins at Chiefs 8 p.m.                          Peacock

Sunday, January 14th 

Steelers at Bills 1 p.m.                                CBS

Packers at Cowboys 4:30 p.m.                  Fox

Rams at Lions 8 p.m.                                  NBC

Monday, January 15th 

Eagles at Bucs 8 p.m.                                 ABC/ESPN/ESPN+

Carptom1

All I know is Miami better bring their coats with them. Saturday’s high is 9 degrees falling to -9 overnight. I would imagine at 7pm game time it will be around 0 with wind taking it to -15 or so. The liquor will be flowing and if the defense makes some stops it could get bad quick. I remember a couple years ago when some idiot said that it won’t be loud because everyone would be bundled up. I was there and my ears are still ringing. Between Hill and the fact this is more than likely our only home game, it will be off the chain crazy

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Uncle Joe
14 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

All I know is Miami better bring their coats with them. Saturday’s high is 9 degrees falling to -9 overnight. I would imagine at 7pm game time it will be around 0 with wind taking it to -15 or so. The liquor will be flowing and if the defense makes some stops it could get bad quick. I remember a couple years ago when some idiot said that it won’t be loud because everyone would be bundled up. I was there and my ears are still ringing. Between Hill and the fact this is more than likely our only home game, it will be off the chain crazy

😁

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

KD in CA
15 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

What's your take on how the weather impacts the game?  Imagine both teams will try to run a fair bit more than usual.

• Like 2

Carptom1
14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

What's your take on how the weather impacts the game?  Imagine both teams will try to run a fair bit more than usual.

So I have to believe it affects the willingness to get hit and give one. It hurts more when it’s cold. Our run defense has gotten better since Bolton has returned. I believe the trio of Bolton, Gay and Tranquil is as good as any. They are fast and not afraid to lay one on you. I have to believe if you live in a warm climate it just affects you differently than if you become accustomed to it. I find it funny that he somehow thinks turning the thermostat down in the practice facility is going to in any way help him. We just had a winter storm come through with another on Friday. I have lived here my whole life and I am used to it. Today it’s only 25 with a 35mph wind. Saturday will be miserable 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

So I have to believe it affects the willingness to get hit and give one. It hurts more when it’s cold. Our run defense has gotten better since Bolton has returned. I believe the trio of Bolton, Gay and Tranquil is as good as any. They are fast and not afraid to lay one on you. I have to believe if you live in a warm climate it just affects you differently than if you become accustomed to it. I find it funny that he somehow thinks turning the thermostat down in the practice facility is going to in any way help him. We just had a winter storm come through with another on Friday. I have lived here my whole life and I am used to it. Today it’s only 25 with a 35mph wind. Saturday will be miserable 

In fairness to the idiot, that was from their preparation for their playoff game in Buffalo and he was trying to make a play on the fact that pretty much all the Bills O-linemen suffered heat stroke earlier in the year down in Miami because the arsehole Fishies' stadium is set up to keep the field and visitor's sideline in the sun the entire game (presuming they don't get their daily rain shower during the game).  It was in the 90's on the Fishies sideline that game and 130 on the field and the Bills sideline.

Idiot boy was trying to imply that the Bills were whiners about that stadium disparity.  He failed, but he does get points for trying, just like he did back in the days when he rode the short bus to school.

• Cheers 3

Carptom1
9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In fairness to the idiot, that was from their preparation for their playoff game in Buffalo and he was trying to make a play on the fact that pretty much all the Bills O-linemen suffered heat stroke earlier in the year down in Miami because the arsehole Fishies' stadium is set up to keep the field and visitor's sideline in the sun the entire game (presuming they don't get their daily rain shower during the game).  It was in the 90's on the Fishies sideline that game and 130 on the field and the Bills sideline.

Idiot boy was trying to imply that the Bills were whiners about that stadium disparity.  He failed, but he does get points for trying, just like he did back in the days when he rode the short bus to school.

I do believe that they have a huge advantage over nearly everyone else until about November due to the heat. I have hunting dogs and we train here in Kansas where it can be 100+ with high humidity. Index’s are often in the 115 range. While carful WTH my dogs, they do develop a level of tolerance to it. When hunting up north early season with friends from the Dakotas it can be in the 80’s. Their dogs will wear down quickly while mine will go all day. You do get a certain amount of tolerance to it. Our climate kinda sucks. Snow and -9 on Saturday and in July it will be 95 and humid as hell. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

I do believe that they have a huge advantage over nearly everyone else until about November due to the heat. I have hunting dogs and we train here in Kansas where it can be 100+ with high humidity. Index’s are often in the 115 range. While carful WTH my dogs, they do develop a level of tolerance to it. When hunting up north early season with friends from the Dakotas it can be in the 80’s. Their dogs will wear down quickly while mine will go all day. You do get a certain amount of tolerance to it. Our climate kinda sucks. Snow and -9 on Saturday and in July it will be 95 and humid as hell. 

Living in steamy northern Florida and not going outside to "do stuff" from June - September, I can say it is a tremendous advantage for the Dolphins to cook opponents in the sun in south Florida through November. Buffalo didn't complain last year, but the Vikings did. The NFL used to schedule a lot of 4pm games for Miami, but then they started to suck and changed that. The NFL must know they have a ticking-time-bomb on their hands, but until they make Miami do something about that stadium's visitor side, it will be an advantage for the Dolphins early in the season, and a possible death or permeant impairment potential for the visiting team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

KD in CA
1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Yeah, I expect KC's defense to be the difference.  Drue Tranquil is a baller. I loved watching him at Notre Dame.  

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
58 minutes ago, Ann said:

Living in steamy northern Florida and not going outside to "do stuff" from June - September, I can say it is a tremendous advantage for the Dolphins to cook opponents in the sun in south Florida through November. Buffalo didn't complain last year, but the Vikings did. The NFL used to schedule a lot of 4pm games for Miami, but then they started to suck and changed that. The NFL must know they have a ticking-time-bomb on their hands, but until they make Miami do something about that stadium's visitor side, it will be an advantage for the Dolphins early in the season, and a possible death or permeant impairment potential for the visiting team.

Last year's Bills game in Miami is the only time I can remember being genuinely afraid for players' well-being.  By the middle of the 3rd, I couldn't stop thinking about Corey Stringer.

I'm all for home-field advantage...but not to the point that it gets dangerous, like Miami's.

• Cheers 3

Carptom1
41 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, I expect KC's defense to be the difference.  Drue Tranquil is a baller. I loved watching him at Notre Dame.  

I can’t believe Chargers let him go for what we got him for. He said he had better offers but wanted to get out of that crap organization. I think we are paying him 2m a year on a 1 year deal 

Lot's of pass rushers coming off their couches for a 1 and done playoff stint:

• O Rly 2

Carptom1
3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

They also got Ingram not that long ago. We looked at Houston but they decided no for whatever reason. He can’t have much left 

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
45 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It's a shame when the playoffs start looking like Ringers R US.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
4 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

So I have to believe it affects the willingness to get hit and give one. It hurts more when it’s cold...

We just had a winter storm come through with another on Friday. I have lived here my whole life and I am used to it. Today it’s only 25 with a 35mph wind. Saturday will be miserable 

As someone who grew up at the base of a ski slope, attended college in Rochester, then moved to Florida for three years and CA for another 30, there is no faking it; if you ain't used to the cold, it absolutely hits you differently. I went from shoveling my driveway in a t-shirt, to complaining when it CA got below 50 degrees, to learning how to layer again as it drops to 2 degrees this week in North Idaho.

I expect the entire Fish team to look like an Ice Age exhibit going into the fourth quarter.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

As someone who grew up at the base of a ski slope, attended college in Rochester, then moved to Florida for three years and CA for another 30, there is no faking it; if you ain't used to the cold, it absolutely hits you differently. I went from shoveling my driveway in a t-shirt, to complaining when it CA got below 50 degrees, to learning how to layer again as it drops to 2 degrees this week in North Idaho.

I expect the entire Fish team to look like an Ice Age exhibit going into the fourth quarter.

frozentilapiafishmyths_1280px_728904722c

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Rochesterny

Put a dagger in Pittsburgh Go bills. :whitebillsflag:

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

Bills had those conditions when they slaughtered the *Patriots in the playoffs two years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Drue Tranquil

Dru-Quyl.

The Tranquil-izer !!!

Edited by snafu