Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘24 Wild Card Round General Game Day Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, snafu said:

Bills had those conditions when they slaughtered the *Patriots in the playoffs two years ago.

Or as I recall it, the true start of Belichick's fall from grace.  

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Uncle Joe

30 minutes ago, Ann said:

The backflips were ill advised. His ankle has been an issue for a few weeks, the quad is new.

Awwwwwwwww. Thats just awwwwwwful. The poor sweet innocent man. He should pop two Quaaludes and call his dealer in the morning. 

• Like 1

Chandemonium
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

As someone who grew up at the base of a ski slope, attended college in Rochester, then moved to Florida for three years and CA for another 30, there is no faking it; if you ain't used to the cold, it absolutely hits you differently. I went from shoveling my driveway in a t-shirt, to complaining when it CA got below 50 degrees, to learning how to layer again as it drops to 2 degrees this week in North Idaho.

I expect the entire Fish team to look like an Ice Age exhibit going into the fourth quarter.

I think it’s mostly psychological, at least for me. I grew up in Rochester but have lived in South Carolina for the past 11 years, and to this day when I go visit my parents in the winter 10 degrees doesn’t feel as cold as 30 does down south. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Ball security ball security ball security that what I want to see

Tyrod Taylor plays for the Giants and will be watching the playoffs from home.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
12 hours ago, snafu said:

I think yesterday I heard that he retired.

• Wow 1

Uncle Joe
13 hours ago, snafu said:

Let's not confuse ball security with throwing for 8 yards when you need 10.

• Applause 2

Alaska Darin
22 hours ago, Carptom1 said:

I do believe that they have a huge advantage over nearly everyone else until about November due to the heat. I have hunting dogs and we train here in Kansas where it can be 100+ with high humidity. Index’s are often in the 115 range. While carful WTH my dogs, they do develop a level of tolerance to it. When hunting up north early season with friends from the Dakotas it can be in the 80’s. Their dogs will wear down quickly while mine will go all day. You do get a certain amount of tolerance to it. Our climate kinda sucks. Snow and -9 on Saturday and in July it will be 95 and humid as hell. 

Missouri's climate doesn't "kinda suck" - it flat out sucks.  You have all the garbage parts of winter without enough snow or terrain to do anything fun associated with it.  "Summer" is basically Florida but there isn't a &#%$ing decent beach anywhere in the state.

But at least it isn't Southern Illinois.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
13 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I think it’s mostly psychological, at least for me. I grew up in Rochester but have lived in South Carolina for the past 11 years, and to this day when I go visit my parents in the winter 10 degrees doesn’t feel as cold as 30 does down south. 

That's the humidity - you are not wrong.  I've lived in WNY, Korea, and Alaska.  The coldest I've ever been outside was when it was in the teens in Mississippi with some decent wind.  Absolutely miserable.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's the humidity - you are not wrong.  I've lived in WNY, Korea, and Alaska.  The coldest I've ever been outside was when it was in the teens in Mississippi with some decent wind.  Absolutely miserable.

Give me a dry, calm 10 degrees and I can walk outside in short sleeves with a cup of coffee.

30, wet, with a breeze, it'll suck the heat right out of you.  

• Like 4

Just now, Foxx said:

$69 to $430 is quite the disparity. You might think that Detroit would have the $69 seats (first time in the playoffs since...) and KC would have the $430 seats (defending SB Champs).

I would guess some of those cheap seats are standing room only? But $430 being the cheap seats in Detroit seems a bit odd.

• Cheers 2

SquirminThurman
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

$69 to $430 is quite the disparity. You might think that Detroit would have the $69 seats (first time in the playoffs since...) and KC would have the $430 seats (defending SB Champs).

Would seem the fans are stoked to see the first playoff game in Ford Field! Supply and demand, even the crackheads are trying to buy tickets! 🤣

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

KC is going to be like the Ice Bowl in Lambeau was in the 60s. The locals probably are jaded by the recent years and bummed that they're not the number one seed. Miami isn't much of a draw either with their star receivers so banged up. 

Detroit is a scalper's delight. Lots of folks from around there are likely dying to see the first playoff game at home in like forever. 

• Like 3

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Winning has always created entitlement.  I suspect if the Chiefs were 15-2 and looking like a juggernaut, it might be different but given the season they just had and the impending weather, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I went to the season opener there in 2011 when we turfed them 41-7.  Sat in the second row behind our bench.  Great experience pre/in/post game.  Nothing worse than some good natured ribbing before the game.  We were absolutely destroying them during and obviously sitting among some serious season ticket holders, so we just talked football - no chirping at all.  After the game everyone around us shook hands with us and said how cool it was to be able to interact with fans from another team without incident.  Funniest comment was "Thanks for not being Raider fans".  lol

It's different there now, according to my buddies who've been back since.  Probably mostly because we're the one team that can go in there and beat them consistently.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

KC is going to be like the Ice Bowl in Lambeau was in the 60s. The locals probably are jaded by the recent years and bummed that they're not the number one seed. Miami isn't much of a draw either with their star receivers so banged up. 

Detroit is a scalper's delight. Lots of folks from around there are likely dying to see the first playoff game at home in like forever. 

I understand Ford Field is a much nicer venue to watch a game, especially in the middle of winter, but being at the top of the scale just seems out of whack.

• Like 2