Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘24 Wild Card Round General Game Day Thread

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's the humidity - you are not wrong.  I've lived in WNY, Korea, and Alaska.  The coldest I've ever been outside was when it was in the teens in Mississippi with some decent wind.  Absolutely miserable.

Winter at sea level sinks into your bones.

You can't scrape Summer at sea level off your skin.  It just hangs on to you.

• Cheers 4

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Uncle Joe

53 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Would seem the fans are stoked to see the first playoff game in Ford Field! Supply and demand, even the crackheads are trying to buy tickets! 🤣

I can see the Rams spoiling that expensive fun time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It was relatively warm when the Dolphins played their playoff game in Buffalo last year as I recall.  This trip to KC will be an entirely different weather animal.  Chiefs in a landslide.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Winning has always created entitlement.  I suspect if the Chiefs were 15-2 and looking like a juggernaut, it might be different but given the season they just had and the impending weather, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I went to the season opener there in 2011 when we turfed them 41-7.  Sat in the second row behind our bench.  Great experience pre/in/post game.  Nothing worse than some good natured ribbing before the game.  We were absolutely destroying them during and obviously sitting among some serious season ticket holders, so we just talked football - no chirping at all.  After the game everyone around us shook hands with us and said how cool it was to be able to interact with fans from another team without incident.  Funniest comment was "Thanks for not being Raider fans".  lol

It's different there now, according to my buddies who've been back since.  Probably mostly because we're the one team that can go in there and beat them consistently.

Your right. I went to 3 championship games here, every one was 15 degrees or lower. The stadium is fairly open on the ends with the north end open and it sits out in the open with nothing to block the wind. While exciting for sure it would probably take good money to get me out of my chair Saturday night. Arrowhead is something everyone should experience once, but I will be home. BTW a decent ticket can be had for 125 bucks. Those 60.00 tickets are waaay up high.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Arrowhead is something everyone should experience once

So's a threesome with two outrageously stacked redheads.  

Not getting there at my age either.

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So's a threesome with two outrageously stacked redheads.  

Not getting there at my age either.

Depends on how much money you have 

in fact for some cheap wine and a half pack of smokes I could get you hooked up down on Independence Avenue. As long as it was dark and your eyesight is a little suspect 

Edited by Carptom1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carptom1 said:

Depends on how much money you have 

in fact for some cheap wine and a half pack of smokes I could get you hooked up down on Independence Avenue. As long as it was dark and your eyesight is a little suspect 

Prove you're not Jackson Mahomes... 😉 

33 minutes ago, Mahoney said:

Prove you're not Jackson Mahomes... 😉 

Nah he was in a lot nicer place than I hang out. Funny she stopped cooperating with the district attorney and they dropped the charges. I wonder what that check looked like???

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Nah he was in a lot nicer place than I hang out. Funny she stopped cooperating with the district attorney and they dropped the charges. I wonder what that check looked like???

A case of the good stuff and a carton of smokes, obviously.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan

I dig this kind of stuff.

It doesn't really mean that much, at least to me, other than how much better athletes are able to take care of their bodies for the long haul. Another reason I don't worry about "the Josh Allen window closing."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shady said:

all they need is your SS and bank account number 

Wow 90? Way to break the bank 

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
10 hours ago, Shady said:

all they need is your SS and bank account number 

Is Charles Omenihu secretly a Nigerian Prince?

If so I have some words for him....

• Haha 2

Well the number for the game keeps getting lower. We are now supposed to have a high of 6 degrees dropping to -12 overnight. At 7pm it will be about zero and will be negative numbers by the end. Winds at about 15-20. Windchill -20+. Tickets down in the 50’s to get in. I think we are in diminishing returns with it being this cold. At some point it gets ridiculous.

• Wow 3

29 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

Well the number for the game keeps getting lower. We are now supposed to have a high of 6 degrees dropping to -12 overnight. At 7pm it will be about zero and will be negative numbers by the end. Winds at about 15-20. Windchill -20+. Tickets down in the 50’s to get in. I think we are in diminishing returns with it being this cold. At some point it gets ridiculous.

I hope everyone stays safe. Those are frostbite numbers. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hope everyone stays safe. Those are frostbite numbers. 

It will be a mess out there. One of the great benefits of living here is we get a fair amount of freezing rain which we had last night. So now not only will it be cold but everything out there will have a coating of ice on it. 

• Sad 2

Maybe they will move the game to Cleveland. 

:eyeroll:

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

IDBillzFan

It will be a mess out there. One of the great benefits of living here is we get a fair amount of freezing rain which we had last night. So now not only will it be cold but everything out there will have a coating of ice on it. 

If weather turns out to be the great equalizer on the field in a game like this, it should come down to coaching.

I'll take Reid over Pajama Boy any day.

• Like 2