Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS 2024/25 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I get it...but I hate it.

Tre, after the past two injures, I just kind-of hope you retire.

• Like 1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Fansince88

• Crap Throwing Clavin

Uncle Joe
47 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Thanks for the memories Tre. I always looked as you as the first chess piece to the rebuild. 

Class act.

🏒

• Like 2

KD in CA
27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

These cuts are absolutely insane, but emotion aside, I'll be curious as to what the team looks like salary-cap wise and how much room it gives the Bills to play in the free agent market.

I really hate it for Mitch Morse, in particular, and I realize I'm no doctor, but I've seen enough people worry about his concussions to at least hope he retires. 

If you look at it objectively and not through the lens of a fan who loves the players on this team, though, I think most of these moves make sense.

Meanwhile, this looks pretty true.

I thought that link was going to be Matt Damon on Mars stripping down his launch vehicle.

Wild day, but they know the team needs to be retooled and it looks like they are serious about getting younger in the process.

• Like 2

RochesterRob

We were all looking for a painless way to deal with the cap situation and in the end there was not one.  I really wonder if and how much of Allen's contract will get reworked and if that is wise should something happen to him health-wise.  Maybe when the dust settles the Bills will have the means to resign Epenesa and D Jones then build from the draft.  

• Like 3

Alaska Darin

Going to be an interesting offseason at OBD.

• Like 2

RochesterRob
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm thinking that in order to agree to that he had a conversation with Beane today and must feel there is still a fair to good chance of getting a SB ring in the next two years.  Entirely possible if the Bills have a draft that mirrors their 1979, 1985, or 1987 efforts.

• Like 4

KD in CA
57 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We were all looking for a painless way to deal with the cap situation and in the end there was not one.  I really wonder if and how much of Allen's contract will get reworked and if that is wise should something happen to him health-wise.  Maybe when the dust settles the Bills will have the means to resign Epenesa and D Jones then build from the draft.  

Yup.  They did what fans wanted and went 'all in' the past two years with an expensive, veteran team.  It wasn't enough.  And it would have been very foolish to attempt to hold it together for one more year by deferring more cap hits and hoping an aging team could somehow get further than it has these past few years.

So, kudos to Beane & Co for recognizing that they need to rebuild significant portions of the team and they can/should do that now while they have Josh and a good chunk of young talent in their prime and under contract.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Going to be an interesting offseason at OBD.

Taylor Rapp?

• Like 2

RochesterRob

Given the events of the last few hours does it now make sense to trade back from 28 to gain more picks?  

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Given the events of the last few hours does it now make sense to trade back from 28 to gain more picks?  

Depends entirely on what the value on the Bills board is when the  pick is up.

• Applause 1

RochesterRob
3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Depends entirely on what the value on the Bills board is when the  pick is up.

Most years there is little difference from 28 to say 45 but each year is different and yes it takes two to tango.  Let us just say for discussion's sake somebody calls for 28 feeling their prospect will take them far and they offer say 42 and 70 plus maybe their 6th (without looking up who holds those 2 as of today) would you seriously consider it?

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Taylor Rapp?

While it's possible he may return, he's no longer under contract.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Taylor Rapp?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5